• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross61

I really hope Brad Peyton isn't the Shazam director. If we being real despite the outcome, on paper most D.C. Directors looked good. Ayer on Suicide Squad, Jenkins on Wonder Woman, Snyder on Man of Steel, Wan on Aquaman, and Affleck on Batman. Hell, Famuyiwa on The Flash was also a good idea while it lasted. And I only have a few movies to go on personally, but Doug Liman on Justice League Dark was a fucking good steal from Fox. But Peyton would be an awful get for Shazam. Unlike the others listed, he has zero good movies. Says what you want about Snyder but he's had atleast a few good movies.

LionPride

Banned
Thanks! I'll dive into it soon..

Rumor and speculation should never taint something you're looking forward to..just let the shit play out, and judge for yourself. If anything, NOT ONE DCEU movie will be the shit soup that is Fan4stic..bet.

I argue Suicide Squad was worse than Fan4stic, a movie that made me actually want to die

I'm glad the comics are doing well, I'm upset that it's mostly Batman or Batman character related because I really dislike Batman as a character. It seems like both companies are gonna do well comic wise soon.

At least Thor will get a good movie this year, I can feel it

I would honestly rather watch this

batwank is something you have to grow to accept as a DC fan, though most of the books I own are non Batman stuff. On the flip side, Tom King's batman is getting mixed reception while Superman and New Superman are getting pulled quite a bit.

What I'd really like is a great Flash run again, he's overdue. Oh, and a god damn Shazam book. And JL to be good again, and a JSA book.

IconGrist

I'm just here to say I hate Batman and I think less of you as a fan if he's your favorite.
I liked Batfleck.

Anyway, quick run through of recent topics:
- Worried about Justice League but I've accepted that Snyder won't be left alone to do the movie he wants to make.
- I'm not buying this Wonder Woman mess stuff. I've heard way more good about the movie and 2 questionable sources spread out over months aren't enough to sway my excitement.
- LionPride is okay in my books.
- It's great that Affleck took that Sad Affleck mean in stride. He seemed to handle it better than some of the Civil War cast like Elizabeth Olsen who thought it was very mean-spirited and refused to watch it.

LionPride

Banned
I'm just here to say I hate Batman and I think less of you as a fan if he's your favorite.
I liked Batfleck.

Anyway, quick run through of recent topics:
- Worried about Justice League but I've accepted that Snyder won't be left alone to do the movie he wants to make.
- I'm not buying this Wonder Woman mess stuff. I've heard way more good about the movie and 2 questionable sources spread out over months aren't enough to sway my excitement.
- LionPride is okay in my books.
- It's great that Affleck took that Sad Affleck mean in stride. He seemed to handle it better than some of the Civil War cast like Elizabeth Olsen who thought it was very mean-spirited and refused to watch it.
AWWWWW

Nah. Either overexplaining or underexplaining stuff is often just a consequence of expectations vs execution. The biggest crime is when no one even cares. That's why BvS is a better movie than Suicide Squad. Even if you disagree vehemently with the material, there's a reaction that shows interest in what is being approached. Suicide Squad is literally whogivesafuck.gif.

Can confirm. SS not good.

The reason I always pointed back to that one being the most true of the leaks was the whole Senate explosion. Something that wasn't even hinted at until the Comic Con trailer a couple months after this was posted.

J_Viper

iJw0oe1.png

She's definitely ending up in the DCEU

The question is who?

Ninjimbo

Wow, some of this sounds VERY interesting.

Link, for those who haven't seen it

If this is truly Goyer's take, I wonder why they didn't roll with it.
I think I read that awhile back. It sounds like the movie I expected to watch when I first heard that BvS was going to tie into a JL movie. It doesn't sound like it has any of the artistic flair that BvS ultimately ended up having. Things like the Martha moment, the conversations with Senator Finch and Luthor, Batman being a lunatic all seem to be absent.

I think it would have made for a solid movie like MoS was. Terrio somehow got that script and morphed it into art so I can't really complain. He really was an upgrade.

But I still like Goyer to pen me a story. I think he can deliver something with depth and exciting moments. Green Lantern might turn out great with him at the helm.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
The leak also sounds like a very paint by the numbers safe superhero movie. Everything in that story was explained to the audience and resolved in some fashion. It seems like WB and/or Synder wanted a more cerebral take on the characters. Whether that was the right call or not is up for the endless debate we have here. I would've been fine with either.

Yea as soon as I saw the movie I thought of that leaked summary which I believed to be accurate at one point. Whether its true or not we'll never know I guess but I do think that it would have been a slightly more well received movie for the masses. What we ended up getting was not a typical superhero movie at least in the first 2/3.

Ahasverus

Sorry but she's no Catwoman material. Barbara, maybe, but not Selina. Selina must be exotic in her beauty, that's like, her thing. I stand by Kate Beckinsale, but there are plenty of more striking femme fatales in Hollywood.

Yager

Banned
Sorry but she's no Catwoman material. Barbara, maybe, but not Selina. Selina must be exotic in her beauty, that's like, her thing. I stand by Kate Beckinsale, but there are plenty of more striking femme fatales in Hollywood.

Are you seriously saying that Kate Beckinsale is "exotic" in her beauty? LMAO.

kate-beckinsale.jpg

Such Selina. Much exotic. Wow.

Ahasverus

Are you seriously saying that Kate Beckinsale is "exotic" in her beauty? LMAO.

kate-beckinsale.jpg

Such Selina. Much exotic. Wow.

She has one of the most memorable faces in Hollywood and very cat like eyes, yes. it's not white woman #213497235. That's why Pfeiffer did so well, even if she wasn't brunette, her face is just too damn memorable. Sienna Miller? one in a bucket.

Angelina is a no brainer but I doubt she's interested in cbm.

Don't forget we already knopw how Beckinsale look in a catsuit.

Selene_(Underworld).jpg

I mean, she's already halfwway there haha.

Yager

Banned
She has one of the most memorable faces in Hollywood and very cat like eyes, yes. it's not white woman #213497235. That's why Pfeiffer did so well, even if she wasn't brunette, her face is just too damn memorable. Sienna Miller? one in a bucket.

Angelina is a no brainer but I doubt she's interested in cbm.

Don't forget we already knopw how Beckinsale look in a catsuit.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Selene_(Underworld).jpg[IMG]

I mean, she's already halfwway there haha.[/QUOTE]

Is "her face is just too damn memorable" an euphemism for "she's hot af I'm in love"? Otherwise I don't get it. There's nothing memorable about her besides being pretty.

LionPride

Banned
When I think Catwoman, I think if a slim thick woman who can kick your ass and look good while doing it. Is seductive and dangerous. So not Kate Beckinsale.

guek

Banned
I don't want Catwoman as a major character in a Batman movie solely because I don't want Bruce to have a major love interest in the DCEU. Having her show up in a Sirens movie or as a side villain who flirts but is rebuffed by Bruce would work but anything more than that, pass. I'm just tired of superhero movies being forced to have significant romance subplots in every film.

Firemind

I don't want Catwoman as a major character in a Batman movie solely because I don't want Bruce to have a major love interest in the DCEU. Having her show up in a Sirens movie or as a side villain who flirts but is rebuffed by Bruce would work but anything more than that, pass. I'm just tired of superhero movies being forced to have significant romance subplots in every film.
Wonder Woman doe

Ninjimbo

If Diana and Bruce have a thing going on, they should be completely nonchalant about it. Like "oh, they're casually fucking. Ok." It shouldn't be a big deal or drive any plots forward.
Selina is the only person I ship Bruce with. So I wouldn't mind a romantic subplot with her.

In general though, I think I agree with you. Usually the romance in these movies don't really go anywhere. I like how Iron Man did it by building it up with Pepper and Tony. By Iron Man 3 it felt good to see them be in a relationship and then she got written out for some dumb reason by the time we got to Civil War. That pissed me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom