• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odoul

And honestly think it's a goldmine that both DC and Marvel has ignored with a movie that is kind of kid-centric. Spider-man will kind of fill that void, but even he is in HS

That Power Pack hasn't even had rumors of a film has puzzled me since the MCU became a thing.

If you're lucky with decent child actors you could actually watch the family and stories grow/mature Harry Potter style.

Ross61

I think Future quest works best as an animated movie just because of so many different styles/looks

It has been hinted at for a while but now they are putting together a slate of projects (Jetsons, Scooby Doo etc) that would all work together. I'm surprised that someone hasn't done it sooner though I suppose Despicable Me goes someway to doing that with Minions etc.

They are planning to do something similar for the Looney Tunes brand potentially kicking off with Space Jam 2, BvS 'style'. But how far down the road they are with that I'm not sure.

That's a good point, actually. I'm not sure how you translate something like Space Ghost to the big screen in live action.

I did know about the WAG think tank for the animated movies. Though so far they only person that seems to be writing the Hanna-Barbera movies is that Matt Lieberman dude. Although the think tank are executive producers on every film...

And I don't think a live action Future Quest is out there. Granted, the CGI and the budget would probably be DCEU level unless they can find some way to cut cost and still have a visually appealing film. But if they do go that route then they can't afford the missteps that they've had with the DCEU. But I could see it working. I mean look at what super hero movies have done this far. If Superman, Batman, Iron Man, and Spiderman work that Space Ghost should be just fine. Frankenstein Jr. would be a pain in the ass tho.

ryan299

Tom Cruise, Joel McHale, Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds, Armie Hammer, and Jake Gyllenhaal are on the shortlist of actors DC Entertainment is considering pursuing for the role of Hal Jordan in ”Green Lantern Corps," multiple people with knowledge of the project exclusively tell TheWrap.

via The Wrap

By El Mayimbe so take with a grain of salt.

Ryan Raynolds makes this list look fake, I mean WB knows he's Deadpool, why would they think he would agree on being GL or why would they want him as Gl since it's a new universe? Also, his movie was considered bad. Also, I don't think Cruise and Cooper would agree on a multiple contract job.

via The Wrap

By El Mayimbe so take with a grain of salt.

If it's on the site, it has at least been vetted and passed the eyeball test.

Still think Patrick Wilson should've been Hal. I feel like it's Cruise and McHale from that list. Bradley and Ryan already have superhero gigs, Jake isn't jumping into this mess, and I still think Armie has a role in the Batman.

The list of demands and protections in Reynold's contract would be staggering if he ever agreed to do it. Also, there would be a lot more zeros in the number.

Penguin

Ryan Reynolds and Bradley Cooper? Marvel?

I mean people always say this, but have yet to see any evidence that there's some rule that you can't be in a DC film if you're in a Marvel film or vice versa.

Heck if you're an actor why would you even limit your possibilities with that.

I mean people always say this, but have yet to see any evidence that there's some rule that you can't be in a DC film if you're in a Marvel film or vice versa.

Heck if you're an actor why would you even limit your possibilities with that.

I agree. Need to see the receipts.

Mayimbe just said in December that Armie wasn't gonna be GL so hmmmmmmmm

I don't get the inclusion of his name either. In all honesty, he's the one that doesn't fit on the list. Armie started hanging out with Manganiello back in December. He likely has already been cast in a role - I think it's Batman related cause those two were talking about training together in the coming months.

a916

Ryan Raynolds makes this list look fake, I mean WB knows he's Deadpool, why would they think he would agree on being GL or why would they want him as Gl since it's a new universe? Also, his movie was considered bad. Also, I don't think Cruise and Cooper would agree on a multiple contract job.

Make Ryan the squirrel green lantern = $$$. Show DC isn't afraid to ignore it and have a laugh too.

Tom Cruise is tiny and really old... can we not back the GL franchise on someone who's younger? Jake is way too talented and would be held back in that role, make it Gosling or Hammer.

Problem with Cruise is that he's been the main character since the early '90. If they're going buddy cop, you need a balance between the duo and I'm not sure you'd get that with Cruise.

bryanee

I said it in the OT and I'll repost it here

I genuinely wouldnt see it if Joel McHale was Hal Jordan. I cannot stand the man.

I said it in the OT and I'll repost it here

I genuinely wouldnt see it if Joel McHale was Hal Jordan. I cannot stand the man.

McHale would be the worst pick. I don't even know why he'd be on the shortlist. Someone should call Warner Bros and tell them Timothy Olyphant exists - shout out to Disco for suggesting him in the OT thread. He's not doing much these days.

J_Viper

I can see them trying hard to get a big star for Hal, but I don't see Cruise or Cooper getting on board, though both would be awesome.

Jake seems to resent comic flicks, so I don't see him signing either.

I rather they go with Keanu Reeves

Keanu is the backup for Batman in case Ben quits

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Whedon gonna do JL2, move it Zack.

Go make a DBZ movie.
plz

Make Ryan the squirrel green lantern = $$$. Show DC isn't afraid to ignore it and have a laugh too.

Tom Cruise is tiny and really old... can we not back the GL franchise on someone who's younger? Jake is way too talented and would be held back in that role, make it Gosling or Hammer.

Wait. Are we living in a world where Jake gyellenhall is more talented than Ryan gosling?

Dead

well not really...yet
Gosling and Gyllenhaal are two of my favorite actors :X

They brood SO good!

I'd give the edge to Jake personally.

Ninjimbo

Check out Half Nelson
Seen it and love it. But that's still a character that doesn't have that nervous, paranoid tick that Gylenhaal pulled off. Ryan is on top of his game in Half Nelson but those kind of characters are his thing. I want to see him do more Only God Forgives type of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom