• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this been posted yet? Real or fake?
C2nSzMbXgAId-Hx.jpg

I mean... it could be either to be honest. Suit looks different where it's not just a shop to make it black.

Where are they saying it comes from? I could honestly see them just showing him in the first trailer. Nobody believes he's dead. Even if it's just the closing shot of the trailer with them all standing together.

Easily faked. One, that's a toy. Two, that's an Man of Steel toy as you can see by the cuffs and larger glyph and the modeled hands. Three, the cape isn't resting on his shoulders like cloth would but how plastic would on a cheap toy.

Welp lol. That's the end of that.

Seen it and love it. But that's still a character that doesn't have that nervous, paranoid tick that Gylenhaal pulled off. Ryan is on top of his game in Half Nelson but those kind of characters are his thing. I want to see him do more Only God Forgives type of things.

he was a cardboard cutout in Only God Forgives.

he's finally found his niche now though. he's great at playing the charming and humorous character. even better when hes a buffoon like in Nice Guys. I hope he sticks to this for a while, he's great at it. I don't think either would be down for Green Lantern though. Ryan Gosling turned down something as big a deal as the joker and gylenhaal turned down suicide squad too haha.

i think Armie Hammer is most likely in the DCEU. the twitter signs point to that. dunno if it will be a batman role though or not.

SJRB

Gold Member
Oh god this is going to happen isn't it. Full on cartoon

C'mon, how can you NOT do a speeding ticket joke when it comes to Flash? It's basically mandatory.

A shot of two police officers in a cop car behind a large sign by the road, eating donuts and stuff when Flash comes swooping by and they look at each other like "what the hell just happened" and they look at the pics from the speeding camera and only see a red blur.

Penguin

It's everyone's favorite time.... Reddit "leak" round-up

The meeting briefly talked about Justice League and Wonder Woman. They are very high on Wonder Woman and they will start showing test screenings to audiences soon. Justice League is still a long way to go in terms of editing. Both films will release their next trailers in March and be attached to Skull Island. Aquaman was also briefly talked about. The actor for Black Manta has been cast but is a secret only a few know.
The four big films that were discussed the most were The Batman, Gotham City Sirens, Shazam and Green Lantern Corps.
The Batman is a lot further than Ben Affleck and the studio are letting on. Zack Snyder and Geoff Johns have been helping with the pre-production of the film while Ben Affleck has been busy promoting Live by Night and with award season. Michael Wilkinson will be costume designer for the film. Deathstroke is one of the villains of the film but he isn't the only one. He simply interacts with Batman the most in terms of action. The film will begin principal photography in April and the studio is fast tracking for a April 2018 release date.
Gotham City Sirens was also heavily discussed. The studio believes they will start shooting by summer this year and are aiming for a Summer 2018 release. Most likely the film will take Oceans Eight release date as Warner Bros will push that film forward. The early pitch is to have The Riddler as the villain who will start off as an ally of the Sirens. They are still looking for actresses for both Catwoman and Poison Ivy. They are aiming for a older more mature Catwoman while Poison Ivy will be around Harley Quinn's age. Interesting note: Batman might not appear in the film at all. They want to make this film about the Sirens.
Shazam is still on track to release April 5th, 2019. The film is also in further development than many believe. The are aiming to start principal photography around November. The actor for Shazam hasn't been cast. Auditions will start soon. The top candidate to direct is Brad Peyton. One actor has been cast for the character known as "The Wizard" and Henry Cavill will be reprising his role as Superman. It seems the first act of the film will focus on Black Adam's slave origins and Billy Batson's life. The second act will focus on Black Adam hunting Billy and Superman interfering and the final act will be about Shazam and Black Adam concluding their rivalry. Shazam won't be the only film Black Adam will appear in. The Rock has a deal for three appearances in the DCEU. The early idea is to introduce Black Adam in the Aquaman mid-credit scene.
Finally, Green Lantern Corps started development. The film will be coming out June 14th, 2019. The villains will be the Red Lantern Corps and "rage" will be something that John Stewart will struggle with which is why Hal Jordan will initially be against the idea of him being a Green Lantern. John Stewart comes in as a replacement for Guy Gardner who gets injured. The film will also focus on Hal 's past and how he lost his friend and mentor Sinestro. Geoff Johns worked on the story for half a year.
Justice League 2 was also briefly discussed. The film has been delayed to November 1st, 2019 to make room for Green Lantern Corps and because the studio wants every Justice League film in November every two years. Right now the plan is to move forward with Darkseid as the main villain but the ideas of using the Injustice League or the Throne of Atlantis story arc have been discussed.
Right now the planned slate is: Wonder Woman (06/02/17), Justice League (11/17/17), The Batman (04/06/18), Gotham City Sirens (06/08/18), Aquaman (10/05/18), Shazam (04/05/19), Green Lantern Corps (06/14/19) and Justice League 2 (11/01/19). There were no discussions about The Flash, Cyborg, Justice League Dark or Man of Steel 2.

WB is looking at Denis Villenevue and Ava DuVernay to possibly direct the Cyborg standalone film. They are waiting to see how both directors films do with films over 100 million in budget. Geoff Johns has written the movie's story treatment and wants it to be focused on Victor as he tries to hold onto his humanity. Geoff went with a cyberpunk noir feel to it and looked to films like Ghost in the Shell, Robocop, and Ex Machina for inspiration while allowing comedic moments to happen. The Titans will also have cameos in his movie to tease for a Titans team up film. The Flash will also make an appearance in the film.
Speaking of, WB is trying to find a director for Flash that matches the criteria they are looking for, but with Rick's departure many directors have declined. The studio is considering an unknown director at this point.

I thought I'd share some insight for the plot of the upcoming Aquaman film that they plan to shoot in May. Orm is more of a background villain than the main villain. Black Manta is the main threat. Orm doesn't like that Arthur is working with the surface dwellers, and that he leaves Atlantis unprotected while he's with humans after what happened with the world engine destroying parts of their ocean so he hatches a plan for him and Manta to go after the Atlantean relics. Orm and Arthur's ancestors used these relics to built Atlantis. There are seven in total, they are spread throughout the seven seas and the trident Arthur uses is one of them. Orm wants to use the relics to destroy half of Atlantis, to frame the surface dwellers by making it look like they attacked and kill Arthur to make it seem like he died in the destruction so the Atlanteans will go to war with the surface dwellers and appoint him as the new king. He wants to rebuild Atlantis in his image. Manta has a different idea, use the six relics he will claim to overpower and kill Arthur, then Orm before he tries to make himself king, so that way Manta will become king. Manta sets off to get the other relics, while Orm tries to not let Arthur know what they are planning. Mera and Vulko are weary of Orm's sudden kind nature to Arthur and suspect he is up to something. The film deals with racism and discrimination in a very subtle but not so subtle way. With the citizens of Atlantis learning to accept Arthur as their king. Arthur and Mera don't get along, they have different views of how things should be done in Atlantis. She thinks he is too reckless and is incapable of being a king. While he thinks she's being too stuck up, and isn't listening to how things need to change. She is troubled with her past from Xebel but doesn't like how Arthur is doing things the way Atlanna would. It hits a nerve with Arthur because he never knew his mother. Arthur and Mera catch wind of what Manta is doing and try to beat him before he gets to the Relics, while traveling through the seas they are attacked by monstrous sea creatures, and learn to work together. We get a hint at The Other's from New 52 in the film but we don't meet them all. We do meet Ya'Wara who has history with Arthur. As Arthur and Mera go through the seas they see what is surface dwellers have done to our oceans, with many parts of the sea filled with trash, waste, oil spills, and even the barrier reef which is dying. That's all I'm gonna share with you for now.
David Ayer and Margot Robbie are currently circling around these selections of women for Selina Kyle/Catwoman in their Gotham City Sirens film. Jon Berg and Geoff John's approve of these choices and Ben Affleck also approves. They want Selina to be slightly older, she will have been around longer than Harley and maybe Ivy has in Gotham. Selina and Batman have over 15 years of history together. Rebecca Ferguson, Priyanka Chopra, Sofia Boutella, Rosario Dawson, Penelope Cruz, and Eva Mendes Take this as you will. Now for Poison Ivy, they want her to be closer to Harley's age but they might make her the "middle child" of the Sirens. Fine Frenzy from Fantastic Beasts, Deepika Padukone, Lady GaGa (yes Lady GaGa, Margot and David were impressed with her acting from American horror story), Kate or Rooney Mara, Nina Dobrev, Tuppence Middleton, and Blake Lively are who they are discussing as of now, but these choices might change.
For The Flash, I said previously that there were considering hiring an unknown due to the director's WB have spoken to before have turned it down. Turns out I was wrong. I found out these three directors have been in discussion for a while now. F. Gary Gray is their top choice as talk with him have been progressing successfully, David Yates, WB's guy is in talks, and this one was a surprise, Andrea Anderson, the director of American Honey is being in talks too. Christina Hodsen was hired to write The Flash, while Lord, Miller, Graham-Smith, and Rick Famuyiwa are going to be credited as the writers for the story treatment, Hodsen will be credited for the script.
What I've posted before for Shazam! is still the same. They are looking for an actor that meets The Rock's stature for Shazam, but for Billy they are looking at Neel Sethi, and two other unknown kid actors.
Cyborg like I said is being considered for Denis Villeneuve, or Ava DuVernay to direct the film. Geoff cowrote the story treatment with Steve Kloves. Kloves will write the script with whoever they choose as a director.
Green Lantern Corps. is looking for a director and the film to start preproduction mid 2018 to start filming in early 2019, WB is looking at Gore Berbinski, Rob Marshall, and Jennifer Yuh Nelson. They are also looking at Kyle Chandler or Owen Wilson for Hal Jordan, and Trevante Rhodes or John Boyega for John Stewart.

This is for a future Superman film not necessarily the next Man of Steel direct sequel but it's set in the DCEU, Mongul sends Lobo after Superman on earth and brings him to Warworld, where Mongul forces Superman to fight in matches or else he'll use the control chair and set Warworld on earth. Superman has to fight other aliens he hasn't even seen before under a red son(maybe). He convinces Lobo to stay and help him, and the two form a temporary alliance after Mongul gives Lobo fake money(or something). It's like Mad Max in space, and Mongul plans on selling earth to the highest bidder along with Superman. Now I know "it's too similar to Thor Ragnarok" blah blah that's not the case with this. The Superman warworld film with Lobo isn't just straight up gladiator battles with aliens from all over the universe that are forced to fight. It's like Mad Max meets Gladiator in space and it features Lobo who agrees to help Superman only to take down mongul and get the money he feels he deserves or Superman convinces him to stay and fight, cause let's face it, Superman inspires Lobo sometimes. It's an awesome ball to the wall crazy Mad Max in space adventure film with the film taking place mostly in space, specifically warworld. Like 95% in space/warworld and another 5% on earth. This is also meant to tease what the future Lobo film will be. Mad Max in space with Lobo.

At this years Comic-Con it'll be a big, and I mean BIG event for WB. The plans for Justice League and the whole DCEU presentations they have set will blow everyone away. First off: they'll have Geoff Johns hosting this year, which is the RIGHT MOVE, and it's what they should have done last year instead of Conan. Obviously Wonder Woman will be in theaters already and WB has so much faith behind it, they plan to announce a Wonder Woman sequel at comic-con. They'll show us the slate they have which is slightly changed do to some shakeups, keep in mind this isn't a bad change, but a necessary one. After Justice League in November it's Gotham City Sirens in April 2018, The Batman was gonna be in July 2018 but that's up in the air, Aquaman in October 2018, the Flash in April 2019, Shazam! in July 2019, Dark Universe November 2019, Cyborg in April 2020, Green Lantern Corps in July 2020 Justice League 2 in November 2020, then Man of Steel 2 in March 2021, Wonder Woman 2 in July 2021, Titans in November 2021. Then they'll announce the other new directors for the DCEU like they did this year and after the directors announced they'll start with the Justice League panel. Jason Momoa and James Wan don't know if they'll fly back to SD for Comic-Con but we'll see. They plan to send a video message along with a sneak peek for the audience of what they have if they can't be there. The main focus is Justice League, they'll have the costumes out on display, even Mera's costume along with the Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad, and BvS costumes as well. They plan to replay the new Justice League trailer they'll release in two more months. After the Justice League panel they'll do Gotham City Sirens panel, we'll get a first look at that, than the Aquaman message, and that'll be it. After that WB will be focusing on their other projects they want to present like FB2, a possible King Arthur sequel, etc. I'll let you guys know more as time goes on but this is their initial plan.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
At least they're getting creative with the "Unite the Seven" tag that was on Aquaman's first image. Moving it away from the Justice League and making it mean the seven seas or seven artifacts.

That Comic-Con one is complete bullshit though. I'll tell you this right now that studios aren't even thinking about Comic-Con this early in the year. I work for a game studio and we aren't even thinking about E3 this soon.

The Reddit rumor round up is pretty fun to read through, I have to admit.

At least DuVernay was in talks for Black Panther. And on the imperceptible small chance she wanted to do Cyborg, it'd be if Warners gives her total control to make what she wants to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom