• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
At least DuVernay was in talks for Black Panther. And on the imperceptible small chance she wanted to do Cyborg, it'd be if Warners gives her total control to make what she wants to make.
But what could she do with Cyborg? I am knowingly biased because I hate Cyborg, but what could she do?

But what could she do with Cyborg? I am knowingly biased because I hate Cyborg, but what could she do?

I haven't read it myself, but I recall talk about recent Cyborg comics dealing with his race, disability, and identity. Is that what Warners wants from a blockbuster? I doubt it.

LionPride

Banned
I haven't read it myself, but I recall talk about recent Cyborg comics dealing with his race, disability, and identity. Is that what Warners wants from a blockbuster? I doubt it.
Oh hell no that wouldn't happen. If I got a woke ass Cyborg movie I'd start partying, but that ain't ever happening.

You know I almost believe some of this reddit leak this time because Andrea Arnold is the most random ass director to rumor for the flash

She was never in the radar of geek wishlists and it just seems so out of left field

Wonder if they do end up folding cyborg into a Titans movie

I dunno if it's just me projecting but man there's like negative fucks to give about a cyborg solo movie. Hopefully justice league has him doing some very cool shit to try to boost that interest

If the plan for The Flash holds, I think Cyborg is supposed to be in it.

It's hard to get a read on Cyborg at all. Not a fan of the character, the character design is questionable, I haven't seen Ray Fisher in anything to speak to the dude as an actor, although he seems cool in real life. Uh, I like that Joe Morton is playing his father. That's all I got.

I like the "leaks," they're entertaining. Besides, it's not like there's any actual risk of spoilers. Too much noise in the signal. The 100% real plan for the DCEU could be floating out there, complete with script, and it'll have been "debunked" because it says "CONFIDENTIAL DO NOT COPY" at the top of the picture.

BadAss2961

If the plan for The Flash holds, I think Cyborg is supposed to be in it.

It's hard to get a read on Cyborg at all. Not a fan of the character, the character design is questionable, I haven't seen Ray Fisher in anything to speak to the dude as an actor, although he seems cool in real life. Uh, I like that Joe Morton is playing his father. That's all I got.
Cyborg will be assessed by how he turns out in Justice League. His movie isn't even scheduled to come out until like 2020, so that should be enough time to get a feel for whether they still want to pursue that or just sprinkle him in co-lead spots.

LionPride

Banned
Wonder if they do end up folding cyborg into a Titans movie

I dunno if it's just me projecting but man there's like negative fucks to give about a cyborg solo movie. Hopefully justice league has him doing some very cool shit to try to boost that interest
Holy shit something we agree on

Cyborg will be assessed by how he turns out in Justice League. His movie isn't even scheduled to come out until like 2020, so that should be enough time to get a feel for whether they still want to pursue that or just sprinkle him in co-lead spots.

It's odd that he was even in the works..

BadAss2961

It's odd that he was even in the works..
Would seem messed up to leave Cyborg, the black guy, as the only member without his own movie.

Besides, with Marvel over there trotting out everything, why not give Cyborg a shot. Him not being a very popular character with lots of preconceptions could actually work in his favor. More freedom to make him cooler.

shingi70

Banned
John's loves the dude, no idea way

GALACTIC_GUARDIANS_(1985).jpg

Would seem messed up to leave Cyborg, the black guy, as the only member without his own movie.

Besides, with Marvel over there trotting out everything, why not give Cyborg a shot. Him not being a very popular character with lots of preconceptions could actually work in his favor. More freedom to make him cooler.

Dudes popular among the younger set from Titans and the current animated efforts.

LionPride

Banned

He shouldn't even be the black Leaguer, like, could it please be anyone else. Except for John.

shingi70

Banned
He shouldn't even be the black Leaguer, like, could it please be anyone else. Except for John.

Johns is obsess with Cyborg because he grew up with the super friends cartoon that had Cyborg. That cartoon literally had Johns faves

Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman
Hal
Barry
Aquaman
Cyborg
Hawkman

BadAss2961

Dudes popular among the younger set from Titans and the current animated efforts.
Yeah, kids love Titans. Cyborg has the exposure, but a lot of older fans think he's boring and don't believe he can carry his own movie. That lack of popularity with the nerds and the big expectations of what a Cyborg movie should be is good for a character trying to come into his own.

guek

Banned
I'm a bit scared Snyder is going to poison the well for a potential Teen Titans move with Cyborg based on how he depicts him in JL. Not only by making the character generally unlikable as he's prone to do but also by removing any resemblance of his big brother/mentor characteristics he's known for. We'll see though.

I certainly don't base my thoughts on what Marvel does..it's more the unpopular thing. It could work, sure. It can also go quite wrong. Don't know why he's a dude that warrants a movie right now, but yeah..opinions. We'll see how it goes in the end. Hopefully beyond expectations 🙂

Ninjimbo

I'm a bit scared Snyder is going to poison the well for a potential Teen Titans move with Cyborg based on how he depicts him in JL. Not only by making the character generally unlikable as he's prone to do but also by removing any resemblance of his big brother/mentor characteristics he's known for. We'll see though.
Snyder is good at bringing out the human side of these characters. He'll make Cyborg cool. I trust him if left to his own devices.

Johns is obsess with Cyborg because he grew up with the super friends cartoon that had Cyborg. That cartoon literally had Johns faves

Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman
Hal
Barry
Aquaman
Cyborg
Hawkman

It's been a while but I don't recall Cyborg being a regular. I think he might've been part of the later Firestorm, Apache Chief, and Wonder Twins episodes.

Well, not a literal salt mine.

It's interesting to have a director admit these things while having that second chance to do things right. So ideally

Ashhong

I forget, is Ayer signed on to do another DCEU movie? Is he doing Sirens? Love that he can see the flaws. I really really wonder what Snyder thinks of his movies.

BadAss2961

Ayer knows the deal. Grounded is the way to go for the properties he's taking. The beam in the sky shit is my only real gripe with Suicide Squad. Gritty down to Earth shit was always his thing anyway.

Bodes well for Gotham City Sirens. Hopefully he gets to do Suicide Squad 2 also.

EDIT: And there it is in the OT. Always a rush to get a DC thread.

Ninjimbo

Ah thought so.

Cam across this interesting Snyder interview. Makes me understand the type of person he is. Interesting bit about how he makes movies for himself and with what he thinks is cool. I kinda see why the movies are how they are now

https://youtu.be/FkklBeLfZxo
Snyder is such a geek. He's mentioned that bit about his films being ironic before. I like the approach since it allows for stuff like BvS to come out of his head. If anything though, I think this interview showed me that Snyder gets Superman, but he's just not going to go in the same path a bunch of other people have gone with the character.

I think it's a good sign for JL.

And the studio has allowed that..hmm?
I hope that the studio is confident enough to let the man and his team work something out before they decide to reign him in. I don't know what goes on inside WB, but I just don't see them as the looming boogeymen some people would have you believe. They have to allow for some autonomy to get these movies done otherwise what's the point of having directors? It could just be me being naive though.

Bleepey

Snyder is such a geek. He's mentioned that bit about his films being ironic before. I like the approach since it allows for stuff like BvS to come out of his head. If anything though, I think this interview showed me that Snyder gets Superman, but he's just not going to go in the same path a bunch of other people have gone with the character.

I think it's a good sign for JL.

I hope that the studio is confident enough to let the man and his team work something out before they decide to reign him in. I don't know what goes on inside WB, but I just don't see them as the looming boogeymen some people would have you believe. They have to allow for some autonomy to get these movies done otherwise what's the point of having directors? It could just be me being naive though.

I have listened to a few podcasts interviews with Snyder and it explains so much. He was apparently a huge bodybuilding fan back in the day. I could be wrong but I recall him saying he finds it sad that people think Superman is too much of a boyscout for the world.

I mean, they DID make him put out a shorter, over edited version instead of the original version which likely wouldn't have taken so much flack. Didn't the same editing nonsense also happen with SS? Seems they tend to be reactionary and change things on the fly, even though there's clearly a plan in places.

I'm hoping none of that goes on with JL. Just let us watch the fucking movie as it was intended, for once..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom