• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, they DID make him put out a shorter, over edited version instead of the original version which likely wouldn't have taken so much flack. Didn't the same editing nonsense also happen with SS? Seems they tend to be reactionary and change things on the fly, even though there's clearly a plan in places.

I'm hoping none of that goes on with JL
. Just let us watch the fucking movie as it was intended, for once..

Ehmm....who's gonna tell him?

Snyder is probably booted from the editing room.

Ehmm....who's gonna tell him?

Snyder is probably booted from the editing room.

That's my point. Why have this whole "director driven" narrative if you're just driving the dude out of the editing room? lol..Just give it to us the way he planned and let US decide if we enjoy the thing or not. Clearly they don't have a clue.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
That's my point. Why have this whole "director driven" narrative if you're just driving the dude out of the editing room? lol..Just give it to us the way he planned and let US decide if we enjoy the thing or not. Clearly they don't have a clue.

LIARS!

I think Snyder was left alone on MoS, mostly because Nolan told WB to fuck off. Then he didn't want any part in this universe and WB got right back in. Doubt any director gets free reign on these movies, maybe James Wan.

Honestly, we'll have to see Wonder Woman to be sure, but the emerging pattern does not paint a pretty picture of WB. MoS suffered from a middling script, but BvS was absolutely butchered in the editing room, and signs point to SS essentially being gutted by executive meddling. If it happens again in WW, we'll have 3 points of commonality.

Hopefully, Johns can shield the movies from that sort of thing, but I honestly don't know if he'd be inclined to, or even could.

I mean, most people didn't. We know that with Man of Steel, and then with BvS. Hell, I know people who still didn't like it after the UC because it still had a lot of the same problems (namely tone/portrayal of characters - which wouldn't really be fixed in a Director's Cut).

Ross61

Honestly, we'll have to see Wonder Woman to be sure, but the emerging pattern does not paint a pretty picture of WB. MoS suffered from a middling script, but BvS was absolutely butchered in the editing room, and signs point to SS essentially being gutted by executive meddling. If it happens again in WW, we'll have 3 points of commonality.

Hopefully, Johns can shield the movies from that sort of thing, but I honestly don't know if he'd be inclined to, or even could.

There would be no reason for them to have created D.C. Films if all their going to do is still micromanage.

I mean, most people didn't. We know that with Man of Steel, and then with BvS. Hell, I know people who still didn't like it after the UC because it still had a lot of the same problems (namely tone/portrayal of characters - which wouldn't really be fixed in a Director's Cut).

My main reason for disliking BvS, besides this incarnation of Supes, is that I had to watch the uncut version at home. Shit is stupid. They really just need to take a step back, and let things play out. Half the complaints folks had with the movie were very much covered with the longer cut.

As for tone/portrayal, yeah. I'm one of them. I somehow liked Supes more in MoS than BvS..and I'm not a big fan of him in MoS, so..

There would be no reason for them to have created D.C. Films if all their going to do is still micromanage.

Exactly..I'm just not getting it.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just looking at the this years movie release schedule... and as of now, Justice League has the potential to have a huge box office for 4 weeks straight. Coco is the only competition until Star Wars and I have a feeling Coco will only pull in Good Dinosaur numbers (65 mil opening weekend).

Nov 17 - Justice League, nothing else has been announced on that date

Nov 22 (Wednesday due to American Thanksgiving) - Coco, Let it Snow, and Murder on the Orient Express

Nov 24 - Darkest Hour (has a limited release)

Dec 1 - He's Out There

Dec 7 - Nothing listed yet

Dec 15 - Star Wars Ep 8

That should be a good four weeks of uninterrupted monies. Wonder who's gonna be so bold as to put a flick within the 1st/2nd week..I'm guessing nothing that would make an impact until VIII barrels through.

From David Ayer's twitter:

j2clywbwu7by.jpg

I'm one of the ones that dislike this movie and was pretty upset with Ayer, but I've got to give respect after what I just read. I do wish him the best and hopefully the mistakes he's made in Suicide Squad, won't be repeated in Gotham City Sirens.

guek

Banned
Ayer is a good guy who has done good work in the past. Suicide Squad was the worst movie I saw last year but he was also pretty much doing everything on the fly with an impromptu script. Some times that works, like with the production of Iron Man for example, some times it...doesn't.

Ninjimbo

Ayer is a good guy who has done good work in the past. Suicide Squad was the worst movie I saw last year but he was also pretty much doing everything on the fly with an impromptu script. Some times that works, like with the production of Iron Man for example, some times it...doesn't.
There were some great ideas in SS but they just weren't realized. It reflects well on Ayer to own up to SS. The fact that WB is willing to work with him again kinda says that they recognize its problems weren't entirely on him.

Something about Green Lantern makes actors want to mess with fans. At least Armie Hammer is realistic choice compared with what's his face the drone pilot.

a916

Just looking at the this years movie release schedule... and as of now, Justice League has the potential to have a huge box office for 4 weeks straight. Coco is the only competition until Star Wars and I have a feeling Coco will only pull in Good Dinosaur numbers (65 mil opening weekend).

Nov 17 - Justice League, nothing else has been announced on that date

Nov 22 (Wednesday due to American Thanksgiving) - Coco, Let it Snow, and Murder on the Orient Express

Nov 24 - Darkest Hour (has a limited release)

Dec 1 - He's Out There

Dec 7 - Nothing listed yet

Dec 15 - Star Wars Ep 8

Coco will dethrone JL if JL has bad word of mouth and Coco is Pixar... but yeah, JL is also going to fight off the 3rd weekend of Thor.

Jesus how did they fuck up the cowl that much. Those ears are so terrible.

What the hell happened?

its pretty crap, hopefully the batman movie fixes it back to BvS look. i'm so hyped to see batman go to town on some goons though. seeing him move so quickly in that warehouse scene was beautiful.

i hope he fights a few human thugs in JL as well rather than just cartoon shit. give us a deathstroke fight in this.

I liked how useless Batman was in the Doomsday fight. I want him to have his Bat-god moments, but he shouldn't be tussling with those super powered beings in a fair fight. Seems vehicles will help him keep up.

Though, it'd be cool if he tries fighting Steppenwolf when the other JL members and knocked out. Like, he's still useless but he's giving it his all. And then Superman shows up and saves him. I'm basically describing a scene from One Punch Man...Batman is Mumem Rider.

BadAss2961

I liked how useless Batman was in the Doomsday fight. I want him to have his Bat-god moments, but he shouldn't be tussling with those super powered beings in a fair fight. Seems vehicles will help him keep up.
I got one shot left bro.

Other than that, he was just a distraction for Doomsday.

strafer

Cowl looks dope, away with you fools!

Justice-League-first-image.jpg

Everything about this screams TV level costumes. From the awfully armored The Flash, why does he have armor when he can outrun a bullet? LOLOLOLOL

And Gal Gadot with that lifeless expression..the woman can't act, why didn't they go that MMA chick.

Cyborg looks like a damn Transformer...is this a Michael Bay joint? :S

The Batman suit is too dark and the batears are too short, they should be long, like you know a bat?

And then we have Aquaman, a bearded and longhaired majestic creature that can talk to fish...please...too unbelievable.

And lastly we have Superman? Why is he back? didn't he die in BvS? Also, why doesn't he have a black suit and long hair...that plastic looking suit is awful.

Whoever designs this shit should watch Marvel for some real costumes.

That's my two cents.

guek

Banned

Though, it'd be cool if he tries fighting Steppenwolf when the other JL members and knocked out. Like, he's still useless but he's giving it his all. And then Superman shows up and saves him. I'm basically describing a scene from One Punch Man...Batman is Mumem Rider.

Batman wasn't just useless, he had literal plot armor saving him. In a less serious movie, I wouldn't have minded, but stuff like giant explosions blowing away buildings completely leaving Batman unscathed because he happens to duck under a chest high wall really bug me. I don't mind seeing Batman punch above his weight with the use of tactics and gadgets but what we actually got was pretty dumb.

Raptor

There havent been a single thing of JL in wich I have said "yes this will be awesome"

I hope Im wrong but jesus christ it all looks fucking awfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom