• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan299

C2862kIXEAAhG7v.jpg

Ahasverus

I like the new cowl very much. Affleck confirmed he was going to change the suit for his movie so I wonder how Snyder feels about that,

Busty

Banned
I like to think that I usually have a pretty good 'nose' for these sorts of things but I genuinely cannot tell if Cyborg is going to put people off this film or become something of a break out character if his 'back and forth' between him and Flash really pops on screen.

From some angles he looks like something from a sci-fi horror film and then in some others he looks like a genuinely fantastical creation.

I'm sure we'll find out, either way, soon enough.

I like to think that I usually have a pretty good 'nose' for these sorts of things but I genuinely cannot tell if Cyborg is going to put people off this film or become something of a break out character if his 'back and forth' between him and Flash really pops on screen.

From some angles he looks like something from a sci-fi horror film and then in some others he looks like a genuinely fantastical creation.

He looks otherworldly.

Ross61

Once we see how his parts transform will probably be the deciding factor.

LionPride

Banned
Given that Cyborg is how he is because of the Motherbox, it makes sense for him to look like he does. Actually no real complaints with this pic

Dcube

Looks sweet to me! I dig the feel of Cyborg and Flash being in their early stages, hopefully they can build off that to make the story more interesting. I really hope Flash gets a new suit and Cyborg keeps changing throughout the movie leading to a badass shot of the whole team with Superman at the end. Despite the last movie not being so hot and all the negativity this is still the movie I'm most excited for this year, these heroes are just the best. Really hoping for a new trailer soon.

a916

It's a zoo in that OT thread... people just dropping in going "looks like shit, will be shit" really makes for a great and healthy conversation.

PBY

Banned
It's a zoo in that OT thread... people just dropping in going "looks like shit, will be shit" really makes for a great and healthy conversation.

To be fair (and yes, I'm biased, really have soured on Z. Snyder and haven't liked these DC films), but I really do think it looks kinda bad.

People like to shit on these movies, but I don't think it was wise to put this pic out.

WhiteWolf

WB should announce the production date for both Aquaman and The Batman during the same week they drop the JL trailer. That'd be a crazy week.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I can't anymore with those goobers in the thread in OT. They all look perfectly fine. Cyborg looks like what I'd expect an alien tech suit to look like in 2017. What is he supposed to look like? Someone show me an amazing end all design for him that everyone loves. I've never seen one. It's not better or worse, it's just different. Just like Flash's outfit. I have no problems with it. If I can believe Toby Maguire can make a Spider-Man suit, I can believe Barry Allen can make a pieced together thermal reducing armor suit so he doesn't kill himself when he runs 40400404 miles an hour. If Bruce gives him a sleeker outfit at the end, great, it'll look cool.

BadAss2961

I can't anymore with those goobers in the thread in OT. They all look perfectly fine. Cyborg looks like what I'd expect an alien tech suit to look like in 2017. What is he supposed to look like? Someone show me an amazing end all design for him that everyone loves. I've never seen one. It's not better or worse, it's just different. Just like Flash's outfit. I have no problems with it. If I can believe Toby Maguire can make a Spider-Man suit, I can believe Barry Allen can make a pieced together thermal reducing armor suit so he doesn't kill himself when he runs 40400404 miles an hour. If Bruce gives him a sleeker outfit at the end, great, it'll look cool.
Most seem to agree on this one.

But yeah, OT gonna OT.

BadAss2961

I'm pretty much sure at this point both WW and JL would be hammered critically. There's just too many signs pointing to it. I didn't believe it for Suicide Squad but I can't ignore these reports anymore.

I really hope it's wrong though and they both turn out great.
The insider reports are all bullshit. No one really knows anything.

The one sign that critics will hammer it (it's a big one) is based on the other movies. Not easy to turn a brand around once it's been piled on from the start.

One wonders why these types of youtube videos get views at all.

Because YouTube recommends them. I can't tell you how hard I've worked to purge every stupid "10 Things" list that pops up..I DON'T WATCH THAT BULLSHIT. Yet, recommended each and every day. Clearly, these idiots have a following. I just wish I wasn't included in that fucking group.

I hate this constant speculation/guessing crap from either side..It's imbecilic..

And NO..I'm not down with the conspiracy shit..not in the slightest.

J_Viper

What did that video say? I'm not giving it any views.

Basically, JL and WW are both messes, but they are salvageable messes.

Also, WB is still all in on Affleck despite Live by Night bombing on an atomic level. There were also arguments between Affleck and WB, as well as Affleck and Johns, but everyone is now on the same page.

But again, grain of salt.

EDIT: Oh, and everything is going well with Aquaman

The insider reports are all bullshit. No one really knows anything.

The one sign that critics will hammer it (it's a big one) is based on the other movies. Not easy to turn a brand around once it's been piled on from the start.

Piled on? MOS is an okay movie and got decent reviews, BvS and SS have many faults so they got the reviews they deserved. I do agree that it's hard to turn a brand around when it have a bad reputation but it's not because that the audiences and critics are fairly judgeing the movies as what they are.

BadAss2961

Piled on? MOS is an okay movie and got decent reviews, BvS and SS have many faults so they got the reviews they deserved. I do agree that it's hard to turn a brand around when it have a bad reputation but it's not because that the audiences and critics are fairly judgeing the movies as what they are.
I wasn't even trying to go there.

Check your complex.

okdakor

I can believe Barry Allen can make a pieced together thermal reducing armor suit so he doesn't kill himself when he runs 40400404 miles an hour.

I'm not a DC comic expert, but is it how Flash works ? If he doesn't have an armor and hit something, he dies ? Speed Force doesn't protect him or something ?

I'm not a DC comic expert, but is it how Flash works ? If he doesn't have an armor and hit something, he dies ? Speed Force doesn't protect him or something ?
Ya unless the movie is different, the Speed Force is OP and basically covers any questions on how and why things works for the Flash.

IconGrist

It's not actually an armor. It just looks that way because it's pieced. From what I can gather he needs that suit for two reasons. One, obviously so he's not running around in his street clothes all the time doing heroics (secret identity and all that), and two, the suit allows him to move at speeds fabric just cannot handle for extended periods of time. Basically the same reasoning for TV Flash's suit but with a bit of real world physics thrown in. Let's be honest here - Flash's suit on the CW makes little sense but we just go with it. Not that it matters anymore since they just let him run around in his street clothes all the time anyway even though it used to result in his clothes bursting into flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom