• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjimbo

Mahershala Ali as Black Manta would be the shit for sure.
That's how you know it's a bullshit rumor, but goddamn would it be great to have him as Manta. I like his presence.

I have to admit Dan Trachtenberg as the director of Flash would be a bold choice. He's the kind of guy that could inject the youth WB is looking for in the film. Don't know if he's ready for this kinda movie though. But I am so down if the rumor is true.

shingi70

Banned
I really want to know what went wrong with the flash, seems like it would have the least amount of problems considering it has an already made template.

strafer

Nice guy Clark doesnt wanna steal clothes.

80NG412.gif

Ross61

I really want to know what went wrong with the flash, seems like it would have the least amount of problems considering it has an already made template.
They ditched Graham-Smith because of inexperience. They parted with Famuyiwa because of differences on what they wanted the Flash to be. They've most likely decided on a new direction on where to go with The Flash if they're doing a page-one rewrite. Maybe Busty could expand on that since I'm unfamiliar with Hollywood jargon.

But yeah, new developments and realizations on where they want to take the movies is the most likely reason Flash is getting a new script. Also why we're hearing about other way off films getting scripts. If one were an optimist, they could take away a positive that WB and Johns/Berg has figured out the tone and direction they want going forward.

next one needs more scenes like the one where superman rescues the people at the oil rig in man of steel. that was the most heroic scene in snyder's movies, though i get why it wouldn't fit in BvS considering the story they were telling in that one.

but either justice league or man of steel 2 gotta have something like this again. it was a dope moment.

https://youtu.be/wCPwBcl_dY0?t=45s

In general with these superhero movies I want them to frame action scenes around accidents like that or the Superman Returns plane rescue. Less people fighting other people as the main action set pieces.

LionPride

Banned
I don't like all of these movies that seem so far away, like when the timeline was first announced, seeing Cyborg and Green Lantern Corps in 2020/2021 made it seem as if it was so far away. Now with Booster Gold and Lobo and that mess, I'm scared nothing past The Batman and maybe Flash will exist

I don't like all of these movies that seem so far away, like when the timeline was first announced, seeing Cyborg and Green Lantern Corps in 2020/2021 made it seem as if it was so far away. Now with Booster Gold and Lobo and that mess, I'm scared nothing past The Batman and maybe Flash will exist

It's a bit odd for sure. It was odd when Marvel did it too, but they've stuck to it for the most part. Only real loss was Inhumans.

strafer

In general with these superhero movies I want them to frame action scenes around accidents like that or the Superman Returns plane rescue. Less people fighting other people as the main action set pieces.

And i want superman doing more superman stuff, like dragging that big ass ship in BvS or that rocket.

I wanna see him pull earth.

BOYS

MORE 4CHAN RUMORS

@WW, I really hope that's just the breaking point for her decision to abandon humanity, and not the only reason. I mean I'm sure the chemical warfare will play a factor into her decision too but I also hope the presence Eugene Braveheart's character (the Chief I think he was called?) signals a discussion regarding the inner conflicts of the allied forces (i.e. the discrimination towards minorities in WW1 and racism in general), however brief or shallow). Not to mention the sexism she'll most likely face on the battlefield.

Ashhong

Question, are any of the past Marvel directors really big names? The Russo brothers claim to fame is a paintball episode of a sitcom. I don't know if it's the Marvel Plan in action but unknown directors have been successful. The same could happen with DC. I feel like the biggest named director is Black, and he made, according to fans, one of the worst movies of the MCU

Ross61

Question, are any of the past Marvel directors really big names? The Russo brothers claim to fame is a paintball episode of a sitcom. I don't know if it's the Marvel Plan in action but unknown directors have been successful. The same could happen with DC. I feel like the biggest named director is Black, and he made, according to fans, one of the worst movies of the MCU
Joss Whedon.

Marvel has structure though. WB/DC really haven't had structure until recently. We'll see if Johns and Berg(?) can develop an assembly line like Marvel Studios.

for sure man. I'm iffy on Superman Returns but the plane and metropolis rescue sequences were so cool. and in MoS you have the oil rig scene too.

honestly I think Superman shines more when he's doing amazing feats of strength and rescuing people rather than punching dudes. That already got kinda old after Man of Steel.

and with Batman just give him human combatants. the Deathstroke fight could possibly surpass the warehouse scene.

I'm one of the few that liked the DCEU movies so far and I love DC comics, so I really don't want DCEU to fail. I hope Wonder Woman will change the people's minds about DCEU, because it's been directed by someone else than Snyder, so I hope it's not darker than it should be and the script is written by the director and two comic book writers, one of them is Johns, who is really an awesome writer (DC could just make his JL: Origins comic into the first movie of DCEU and it would be great).
On the Flash movie, I think it's better to remove Cyborg and tease Professor Zoom for an appearance in the second film. Tim Miller would be a great choice for director.

strafer

for sure man. I'm iffy on Superman Returns but the plane and metropolis rescue sequences were so cool. and in MoS you have the oil rig scene too.

honestly I think Superman shines more when he's doing amazing feats of strength and rescuing people rather than punching dudes. That already got kinda old after Man of Steel.

and with Batman just give him human combatants. the Deathstroke fight could possibly surpass the warehouse scene.

mmm

kmfdmpig

Joss Whedon and Kenneth Branaugh are big names that have had success directing. The others were much less developed prior to signing with Marvel. I'll never understand how anyone can think that IM3 is not better than at least IM2, all the Hulk movies, and both Thor movies.

People creating DC rumors sure are fascinated with Armie Hammer. He's been linked to almost every single role that they're casting for. I suspect a rumor next week will have him playing either Mogo or Catwoman at this rate.

a916

Wait, Flash getting a page one re-write? Holy crap... how is WB this clueless, wtf is going on in that studio?

They have plans for a god damn Sirens movie and other useless 3rd tier Batman characters and they can't even bother to hit us with their AAA tier heroes yet. Fix that before you actually even THINK of doing a damn Suicide Squad movie, a Sirens movie, a Lobo movie, a Birds of Prey movie... this is embarassing.

They announced this god damn movie 3-4 years ago. Ezra Miller was announced 2.5 years ago and they don't even have a script... holy crap.

Ross61

Wait, Flash getting a page one re-write? Holy crap... how is WB this clueless, wtf is going on in that studio?

They have plans for a god damn Sirens movie and other useless 3rd tier Batman characters and they can't even bother to hit us with their AAA tier heroes yet. Fix that before you actually even THINK of doing a damn Suicide Squad movie, a Sirens movie, a Lobo movie, a Birds of Prey movie... this is embarassing.

How does this mean their clueless? It couldn't have been that they decided that they want to take the Flash into a different direction than before? As a page one rewrite would suggest?

Outside of Sirens, the rest of those are unconfirmed at best.

If the script isn't what they wanted and are tired of trying to fix it, why not write it from page one again? No point in trying to chop up a shitty script just because. If anything, it might show they're actually learning instead of pulling a Suicide Squad.

a916

How does this mean their clueless? It couldn't have been that they decided that they want to take the Flash into a different direction than before? As a page one rewrite would suggest?

We're at a page one rewrite, which means the script is starting from scratch. It took them 3-4 years to get to that point... what exactly is it they are struggling with?

Ross61

We're at a page one rewrite, which means the script is starting from scratch. It took them 3-4 years to get to that point... what exactly is it they are struggling with?

Why do they have to be struggling? Maybe someone like Johns/Berg or another exec decided that since the film was being pushed back that they should change the script for the better.

I mean, the only proven script writer for the project was Famuyiwa and they didn't agree on the changes he made to the script.

J_Viper

They announced this god damn movie 3-4 years ago. Ezra Miller was announced 2.5 years ago and they don't even have a script... holy crap.

Is it really clueless to think another Harley-led movie will be wildly successful?

Because that seems like a safer bet than The Flash for them.

a916

Why do they have to be struggling? Maybe someone like Johns/Berg or another exec decided that since the film was being pushed back that they should change the script for the better.

I mean, the only proven script writer for the project was Famuyiwa and they didn't agree on the changes he made to the script.

I'm not frustrated that they choose to make it better, I'm frustrated that it's taken them this long and they are still on page one.

We're not that far from the release of Suicide Squad, anything developed before then was always going to be on the chopping block, especially with the tonal changes and creative shake-ups.

IconGrist

I wouldn't get all fussed over a page-one rewrite. That's not an uncommon practice and more often than not it means a better idea was had (or a more complex idea given the nature of a shared universe) and with The Flash there's definitely room for complexity given his power set. Like has been mentioned before the script they had already went through some re-writes plus Rick and WB couldn't seem to agree on the script. Maybe the original script was shit and WB is dodging a bullet by having it completely re-written.

We should probably save any concern for the script when the movie is being slaughtered in the reviews for it. Right now we don't know shit and the bad press of the prior movies has some of you thinking the worst over things that happen all the time.

IconGrist

I am very frustrated with both. Incompetence. Sorry, it is what it is. There are so many Flash books out there. Fuck hell.

It's not as simple as copying another story and I hate that people use this as some excuse to yell out incompetence. You can use some of those stories as a guideline but they still have to fit with the ongoing narrative of the other movies. This argument only works for stand alone movies.

It's not as simple as copying another story and I hate that people use this as some excuse to yell out incompetence. You can use some of those stories as a guideline but they still have to fit with the ongoing narrative of the other movies. This argument only works for stand alone movies.

They are incompetent. You tell me that a fucking CBM has really hard problems to tie into a cinematic univerese, that is damn barebones as of now?`Come on. They need to prove me they got it - I have no reason to trust them ever again until they show me otherwise.

IconGrist

They are incompetent. You tell me that a fucking CBM has really hard problems to tie into a cinematic univerese, that is damn barebones as of now?`Come on. They need to prove me they got it - I have no reason to trust them ever again until they show me otherwise.

You tied their incompetence to "just use one of the Flash books!" It doesn't work that way. Tying a movie into a cinematic universe is a separate argument.

a916

I don't think they have something set in stone for that either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom