• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
C2plDo6WEAEv29t.jpg

John Cleese. Check the books. Seeming like he's in JL to be set for Batman.

a916

I'm pretty much sure at this point both WW and JL would be hammered critically. There's just too many signs pointing to it. I didn't believe it for Suicide Squad but I can't ignore these reports anymore.

I really hope it's wrong though and they both turn out great.

Did you ignore the reports about Rogue One?

Well his point was that there was tons of negative news leading up to it, reshoots, "lighter" tone changes, etc etc, and it turned out great.

True..but Fan4stic tho..

Jokes aside, plenty of movies get reshoots and we never hear a damn thing about them. Absolutely foolish to compare one instance to another. It's gonna be alright. We need to pull back and just let the finished product speak for itself..

Or, you know..

Fright-Scary-Scream-Screaming-Kramer-Jerry-Seinfeld-GIF.gif

Ashhong Well his point was that there was tons of negative news leading up to it, reshoots, "lighter" tone changes, etc etc, and it turned out great.[/[/B

yeah..... I don't know about that. parts of it might be great, but character wise.... yipes.
story has problems too.
e

edit: anyone having any problems with the tags? the quote tags are a mess.

a916

True..but Fan4stic tho..

Jokes aside, plenty of movies get reshoots and we never hear a damn thing about them. Absolutely foolish to compare one instance to another. It's gonna be alright. We need to pull back and just let the finished product speak for itself..

Or, you know..

Fright-Scary-Scream-Screaming-Kramer-Jerry-Seinfeld-GIF.gif

Yes, exactly this. Reshoots mean nothing unless someone wants to peddle a narrative. We've seen it work both ways. Marvel schedules reshoots as does Disney well in advance.

Re-shoots tell us nothing.

Penguin

There are a number of ways to read into that and more negative than not. If I had to guess, Flash is moving to 2019. Aquaman is moving up in 2018. And Batman, Gotham City Sirens, or (long shot) Dark Universe is October.

Ashhong

Wasn't there just a report about how they had a director and Rick was going to get a story credit? Or was that part of the reddit leak a few days ago, I can't remember anymore

a916

I'm seriously starting to wonder what the hell they are doing now... first you have a script, then a director... no, need another director... then you hire a director, then a bunch of actors are chosen... oops, not our director. Now we need a new script... huh?

It shouldn't be this hard to come up with a script for Flash. I pray it's only because they've re-shuffled the decks and they need to account for the Flash slotting in a different part of the DCEU timeline.

Nah, something will get fast fracked.

It's that kind of WB bs that led to 6 weeks for Suicide Squad. WB can't afford to dick around much more... I loved LOVED Man of Steel and BvS, but they can't afford more critical duds, they need a win soon.

Ross61

I'm seriously starting to wonder what the hell they are doing now... first you have a script, then a director... no, need another director... then you hire a director, then a bunch of actors are chosen... oops, not our director. Now we need a new script... huh?

It shouldn't be this hard to come up with a script for Flash. I pray it's only because they've re-shuffled the decks and they need to account for the Flash slotting in a different part of the DCEU timeline.

It's that kind of WB bs that led to 6 weeks for Suicide Squad. WB can't afford to dick around much more... I loved LOVED Man of Steel and BvS, but they can't afford more critical duds, they need a win soon.

They could always fast track something that has already a completed script.

And we don't know anything about The Flash situation wise. Maybe they felt they wanted to take Flash in a different direction from before.

the people they're hiring for these movies just all seem terrible to me. at this point all i really wanna see is what snyder has cooked up for justice league and bens batman movie. the rest are sounding like shit for me right now although i hope they at least give us some interesting action scenes for aquaman and flash movies in particular. you could do some wild shit with characters like that.

would be nice to get some people in with wildly different approaches like nolan, snyder etc. to do these movies without mandating so much from the top down as well. with the people they're hiring and all this director shuffling it seems to me they just want to be a dc alternative to the mcu (and a potentially far worse one at that if suicide squad was any indication)

Ross61

Nobody in particular I can point out has been a terrible get. The only one that seemed kinda suspect was David Goyer, but maybe his co-writer can help him out.

Nobody in particular I can point out has been a terrible get. The only one that seemed kinda suspect was David Goyer, but maybe his co-writer can help him out.

Idk if he was ever going to be folded into the DCEU as it is now, I remember not being psyched about the writer of Gangster Squad writing Justice League. And the original screenwriter for Flash wasn't stellar either. Otherwise I've been ambivalent to excited, depending on the person.

J_Viper

BOYS

MORE 4CHAN RUMORS

Wonder Woman

>Danny Huston is playing Ares.

>
Steve Trevor dies in the end
, which drives Wonder Woman to abandon humanity for 100 years.

>Test-screenings for selected audiences have been generally positive.

>New trailer with Kong: Skull Island.

Justice League

>Geoff Johns performed last-minute revisions on Chris Terrio's script and Ben Affleck is helping Zack Snyder with the editing process.

>A rough cut has been shown to WB executives with positive results. The movie has much more action and humor than Batman V Superman.

>Superman returns halfway through.

>Darkseid makes an appearance.

>New trailer with The Lego Batman Movie.

The Batman

>Slated for April 6, 2018.

>Deathstroke, Black Mask and the Joker are the villains.

>John Gleese is playing Wintergreen, Deathstroke's associate.

>Armie Hammer is actually in talks for Black Mask.

>Zack Snyder is collaborating with the script alongside Ben Affleck and Geoff Johns.

Gotham City Sirens

>Slated for June 8, 2016.

>David Ayer is revising Christina Hodson's script.

>Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy will have the same age. Catwoman will be older.

>The Riddler is the main villain. Clayface will also appear.

>Batman and the Joker might not appear so as to not steal the spotlight from the Sirens.

Aquaman

>Slated for October 5, 2018.

>Ocean Master and Black Manta are the villains. Patrick Wilson is playing Ocean Master and Mahershala Ali is in negotiations for Black Manta.

>Willem Dafoe's character, Vulko, will be a pivotal character in the franchise and Dafoe has a three-picture contract.

The Flash

>Slated for April 5, 2019.

>Delayed from its original release date to accomodate for Gotham City Sirens and provide more time to find a new director.

>Ben Ripley is writing a new script. David F. Sandberg and Dan Trachtenberg are being considered to direct.

>The villains will be the Rogues (Captain Cold, Golden Glider, Mirror Master and Heatwave). There are plans to build up to the Reverse Flash in a prospective sequel.

Green Lantern Corps

>Slated for June 14, 2019.

>David Goyer and Justin Rhodes have begun writing the script, which is based on Lethal Weapon, with veteran Hal Jordan teaming up with rookie John Stewart. Sinestro is expected to be the villain.

>While WB has a shortlist of actors they're interested in for both roles, none of them have been officially approached.

Justice League 2

>Slated for November 1, 2019.

>Still might be delayed or scrapped entirely if the first movie is not successful.

>Zack Snyder is expected to return, but this also depends on the first movie's performance.

>Geoff Johns is writing the script which is expected to feature Darkseid.

Black Adam

>Slated for April 3, 2020.

>Brad Peyton will direct and his frequent collaborator Carlton Cuse is in talks to write the script.

>It's in early development, but the plan is to chronicle Black Adam's rise, fall and redemption and feature Isis and Osiris from the recent comics. The villain will probably be an original creation.

>Black Adam will be a major character going forward and Dwayne Johnson has a three-picture contract.

Shazam

>Slated for July 24, 2020.

>Henry Gayden is writing the script. Shawn Levy is WB's top choice to direct for a while, but a formal offer hasn't been made yet.

>Casting for both Billy Batson and Captain Marvel will be done through extensive auditions. Jeff Bridges is in early talks for the Wizard, who is now expected to appear in Black Adam as well.

Cyborg

>Off the slate, with a prospective release date in November should the character prove himself with the audience in both Justice League and The Flash.

Man of Steel 2.

>Early development. Kurt Johnstad is writing the script based on an idea by Zack Snyder. Jordan Vogt-Roberts is in consideration to direct should Kong: Skull Island be successful.

Suicide Squad 2.

>Early development, no release date. David Ayer expected to return alongside the main cast of the first movie. WB has commissioned in-house writers to pitch ideas for the movie and select a prospective writer.

Deadshot

>Early development. Will Smith will return and also act as a producer. No writer or director yet.

Deathstroke

>Early development due to the character's popularity and the positive reception so far. Joe Manganiello and John Gleese expected to return should it happen. No writer or director yet.

Booster Gold

>Early development. Greg Berlanti is still attached to write and direct.

Lobo

>Early development. Oren Uziel is writing the script.

Black Mask being the villain sounds great but I dunno about Armie Hammer in that role. I like the guy but I really can't see that. maybe it could work.

Mahershala Ali as Black Manta would be the shit for sure.

strafer

sometimes you gotta where they find these rumors...stuff must be locked up tighter than a navy seals umbrella stand at Warner Brothers.

J_Viper

I think Chris Messina would be great for Black Mask.

I couldn't buy Armie as a tuff guy mafioso

Well Flash just got debunked. And why would Ayer go back to Dodson scipt when Geneva Robertson-Dworet is writing the scipt?

Ayer usually works with his own material.

The dude wrote Fury and Training Day. I have faith.

a916

At this point the only faith I have is Aquaman and Batman (for obvious reasons). Aquaman should be in great hands with James Wan.

I know people would probably want him in a different role, but I think Keanu would make a great Black Mask. Calm and collected one minute, bats hit insane the next. He would be an interesting pick. Idk how I'd feel about Armies Hammer as Black Mask... not the worst choice. Plus, the scene in Under the Red Hood with BM and Deathstroke would be pretty funny with him and Joe.

Ross61

I think Chris Messina would be great for Black Mask.

I couldn't buy Armie as a tuff guy mafioso

Ayer usually works with his own material.

The dude wrote Fury and Training Day. I have faith.

I know, but a selling point for the film was that Robbie was getting a female writer for the job. After SS, I'd feel more comfortable with one.

And I have complete faith in Wonder Woman despite "rumors".

next one needs more scenes like the one where superman rescues the people at the oil rig in man of steel. that was the most heroic scene in snyder's movies, though i get why it wouldn't fit in BvS considering the story they were telling in that one.

but either justice league or man of steel 2 gotta have something like this again. it was a dope moment.

https://youtu.be/wCPwBcl_dY0?t=45s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom