• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boooooooo

Gimme darkness, a cold world with no life assurance, rain and dead parents

dark-crows-in-the-rain.jpg

lol..I'm sure they won't set up his mom's death with rainbows and Mmmbop playing in the background.

tbh I wish they weren't doing the dead mom, dad in prison approach again. If I had it my way and no culpability, I'd make a Flash movie that's loosely based around Blitz. So Barry wouldn't have any major tragedy to take him down this path. He'd be a dude who accidentally gained superpowers and decided to be a superhero in part for fun, in part influenced by Superman (or a Jay Garrick Flash comic/show). Story is mostly about Zoom trying to make Barry a better hero by trying to create all this pressure, probably indirectly through aiding the Rogues. So, in a sense it'd be like an optimistic Whiplash. Like, maybe frame it around a Flash exhibit in a museum where Barry's developing a bit of an imposter syndrome.

3N16MA

Banned
I'm one of the few that liked the DCEU movies so far and I love DC comics, so I really don't want DCEU to fail. I hope Wonder Woman will change the people's minds about DCEU, because it's been directed by someone else than Snyder, so I hope it's not darker than it should be and the script is written by the director and two comic book writers, one of them is Johns, who is really an awesome writer (DC could just make his JL: Origins comic into the first movie of DCEU and it would be great).
On the Flash movie, I think it's better to remove Cyborg and tease Professor Zoom for an appearance in the second film. Tim Miller would be a great choice for director.

I think most people do not want the DCEU to fail. It dose not provide any benefit to anyone who enjoys these type of films or cares about any characters from DC.

WB simply has fumbled out of the gate.

Ninjimbo

I think most people do not want the DCEU to fail. It dose not provide any benefit to anyone who enjoys these type of films or cares about any characters from DC.

WB simply has fumbled out of the gate.
Man I love MoS and BvS. WB did right by me. If the next movies turn out like every other me-too blockbuster, I'm out.

J_Viper

New Flash writer has a pretty small resume. WB must have confidence in that King Arthur flick, which he wrote.

But then again, WB also has confidence in fucking Dax Shepard.

Raptor

Man I love MoS and BvS. WB did right by me. If the next movies turn out like every other me-too blockbuster, I'm out.

I absolutely have pure love for MoS.

And absolutely pure disappointment in BvS and SS.

Good thing for me is that this movies dotn retroactively ruin MoS in the slightest.

:D

J_Viper

HGH, baby!
He's too depressed for PEDs brah

It's not all that necessary. Only matters that he's jacked in BvS for his shirtless workout scene. The batsuit's muscle padding handles the rest.

You're right, but him being big as fuck even as Bruce was cool to see, so it'd be a bummer if he couldn't get back to that level, especially when dudes like Huge Jacked Man have only improved their physiques over time

Plus, lower body fat percentage = sharper jaw line.

His facial aesthetics were on point in BvS

Ninjimbo

I absolutely have pure love for MoS.

And absolutely pure disappointment in BvS and SS.

Good thing for me is that this movies dotn retroactively ruin MoS in the slightest.

:D
BvS is a masterpiece Rap! You will join us in the sun after JL comes out.

I have this weird feeling that JL will retroactively change everybody's mind about Snyder's trilogy if it goes where we think it's going. Snyder gets the character and Clark is going to have one hell of a comeback scene. Superman fanboys will cream themselves.

Ashhong

BvS is a masterpiece Rap! You will join us in the sun after JL comes out.

I have this weird feeling that JL will retroactively change everybody's mind about Snyder's trilogy if it goes where we think it's going. Snyder gets the character and Clark is going to have one hell of a comeback scene. Superman fanboys will cream themselves.

Disagree. I do think Snyder gets the character, but Snyder doesn't want to see the same thing fanboys do. And he's going to film what he wants to see. I like that, I'm not sure everyone will.

Ninjimbo

Nah. I think he's been building up to that moment since the first movie. My guess is that he wants to see it too but of course he's going to do it his own way. We're going to get something akin to Clark destroying the world engine in MoS but with more fanfare.

Also, Clark destroying the world engine is the most heroic thing you've ever seen on film. Fact.

Snyder is doing a relatable/contemporary take on these characters. As if they were created for these movie in the 2010s. You take characters who've been around for 75 years, unless there's time shenanigans like with Cap, they're growing up in different worlds. And he's not doing the best job at it. There are a number of elements from Secret Identity I wish they brought in, despite it not being the actual Superman. But ultimately I appreciate the effort.

LionPride

Banned
Nah. I think he's been building up to that moment since the first movie. My guess is that he wants to see it too but of course he's going to do it his own way. We're going to get something akin to Clark destroying the world engine in MoS but with more fanfare.

Also, Clark destroying the world engine is the most heroic thing you've ever seen on film. Fact.

The oil rig and the scene in Returns with him going through Metropolis saving everyone and everything > that

The oil rig and the scene in Returns with him going through Metropolis saving everyone and everything > that

yeah, and also the airplane scene too. but i did like in the world engine scene that for a brief few frames his face looked so much like Chris Reeves. I still dunno if it was intentionally thrown in or not but it was awesome.

Gawd..do you think they'll have another Wayne parents death scene in the solo flick? They really got to cut that out already..

I see this complaint a lot, but how big an issue is it really? We've had like what a total of 10 minutes of screen time over 8 films dealing with it. I mean, yeah we've seen it before, but in BvS especially it didn't harm the movie in any way. In Batman Begins, the film with the most stuff with Bruce and his parents it was necessary, in Batman 89 it was a 30 second scene, and in Batman Forever it was so unremarkable as to be completely gone from my memory.

It's not like the Uncle Ben story that we saw twice in 4 movies along with the entire lead up and fall out. Bruce Wayne's murder can be handled in seconds. It was.

Effect

Not the biggest fan of Superman Returns but will still stand by that plane save in the beginning and Superman taking the bullet from the gatling gun in the eye. Those were very cool. In fact my issues with that film really are limited to Lois and the stalking. Those two things and how they impact other things are a big problem. I actually like a lot of other parts of the film.

Edit: Oh yeah the ending is dumb. That much kryptonite should have have killed him.

Raptor

Not the biggest fan of Superman Returns but will still stand by that plane save in the beginning and Superman taking the bullet from the gatling gun in the eye. Those were very cool. In fact my issues with that film really are limited to Lois and the stalking. Those two things and how they impact other things are a big problem. I actually like a lot of other parts of the film.

Edit: Oh yeah the ending is dumb. That much kryptonite should have have killed him.

It was also a very slow movie, dragged a lot, focused on things that in the end didnt mattered, to name a few things.

It feels like Singer wanted a repeat of the very first movies he wanted a Superman > Superman 2 in where the first was reintroduction and saving people and the next a real villian powerfull enough to take punches.

Thing is he forgot to actually make a interesting movie first that people would like instead we got that and all his plans got tossed in the garbage.

Snyder was smart enough to not do that and went all out on MoS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom