• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the tone in BvS aswell but I think the shift to a lighter tone was always the intention. The ending of BvS seemed to suggest as such. I'm totally down with a lighter movie as long as not every scene is jammed with gags and Steppenwolf cracking jokes.

Ninjimbo

Don't know how I feel about the "lighter" tone. I can picture Marvel's quippy things when that word gets uttered and I definitely don't want to see that.

Hopefully Snyder can surprise me with his own version of "lighter".

Dcube

New logo is awesome. I didn't mind BvS but I'm glad the tone is changing a bit, it was pretty depressing. At the same time I hope they don't try to get to Disney with it. Hoping for a fun simple action movie. The Flash impressions seem really good. The story revolving around the motherboxes tying together humans, amazons and atlanteans sounds pretty cool. Can't wait for that first group shot.

There's already an indication of what they mean by a change in tone in the two scenes they showed. They're never going to go for the opposite end of the spectrum completely.

Shift to a lighter tone is probably for the best, so long as they don't get into QUIPTROCITY territory like Mahvel. I saw Age of Ultron for the first time the other day, and I say without exaggeration that the need to constantly joke straight-up killed the movie.

Penguin

Oh this is a cool poster

Funny don't mind my brown and murky stuff in movies, if this was a game...

922Qm7d.jpg

IconGrist

I wouldn't worry about JL being "Marvel-ized". One thing I came away from reading and watching everything was the interactions felt more human. Flash was youthful and full of energy, Cyborg was the same but in a slightly different way, Batman was still Batman (not smiling and joking) but a guy friends with freaks that are a total shift from the freaks he's used to dealing with so he feels more comfortable. They are like him in a way. Wonder Woman is still mythic but has a very human charm to her. Stoic but not completely outside of everything.

So it'll be interesting to see how Arthur engages with them and especially Superman (whenever he shows up, seems like 2nd half of the movie).

Speaking of Supes, between the synopsis and everything I've seen, his return will be a huge moment in the movie. All the pieces I've read said that everyone was open with just about everything but anything Superman was under lock and key. They very clearly want that to be a standout.

As long as it's not a quipfest shitflick.

I hope there's a certain balance that keeps it from being obnoxious. Dofp prolly had the best balance of comedy and melodrama in recent times. I don't think any Marvel Studios movie got it right. Maybe cap 2 actually. 3 was even more enjoyable but some scenes were overkill with the jokes so it was a step back too.

If justice league is anything at all like the avengers then to hell with it imo. I hope this isn't a reactionary film and more just a natural tonal shift from BvS which should remain the darkest movie in this whole slate of films (with the exception of the next batman more or less).

Edit: Actually iron man 1 got it right too tbh.

Dead

well not really...yet
I don't think Snyder is capable of making a film as toothless as the Avengers movies.

There might be lighter elements that add levity but there's no way a Zack Snyder movie won't feel like a Zack Snyder movie.

The tonal shift to being a bit lighter was announced before BvS ever came out, and narratively makes sense, so I don't see it as reactionary other than Zack maybe holding off from indulging himself here and there.

Ahasverus

While I'm very excited by the look of things, I'm a bit worried about the change in tone. Not that it was not necessary, mind you, but because I'm afraid they will kid-ify the movie. I dunno, I need more info, I just wouldn't be happy if this is just a live action episode from the Series. Still, in Terrio I trust.

Its also sounding like they took evan peters' quicksilver, dyed his hair and made him the flash. Not that I'm complaining. That's kinda exactly what I wanted at the end of the day. Especially when they announced ezra miller for the part.

Love the sound of that scene where he talks to Gordon.

Ninjimbo

I don't think Snyder is capable of making a film as toothless as the Avengers movies.

There might be lighter elements that add levity but there's no way a Zack Snyder movie won't feel like a Zack Snyder movie.

The tonal shift to being a bit lighter was announced before BvS ever came out, and narratively makes sense, so I don't see it as reactionary other than Zack maybe holding off from indulging himself here and there.
I'm hoping this is how it turns out. One of the reasons why I like Snyder's movies is because they feel ballsy (for lack of a better word). Even his owl movie which was meant for kids dove into some shocking material and was basically fearless.

Anyways, I read the write up on slashfilm. They dropped the tidbit that they were shooting scene #100 and that typically a movie like this has over 200 scenes. So they got half of the film they need. Maybe we'll get some footage at Comic Con?

Dead

well not really...yet
I'm hoping this is how it turns out. One of the reasons why I like Snyder's movies is because they feel ballsy (for lack of a better word). Even his owl movie which was meant for kids dove into some shocking material and was basically fearless.

Anyways, I read the write up on slashfilm. They dropped the tidbit that they were shooting scene #100 and that typically a movie like this has over 200 scenes. So they got half of the film they need. Maybe we'll get some footage at Comic Con?
They don't necessarily shoot in order.

Scene sounds lit. Xavier and Beast in quicksilver's basement redux. Also funnily enough shares some similarity to the recent stark and spiderman meet up

Curious how fast they make him. Basically I want him quicksilver level but with more visceral after effects of his movement. No cheap ass age of ultron effects please.

Ninjimbo

They don't necessarily shoot in order.
I know, but if shooting started in April and they were shooting like 2 scenes a day, they would have about that much by now. Of course, it's just speculation on a process that I don't know very much about. But I am wondering if they have anything ready to show at Comic Con.

Penguin

This sounds too similar to Civil War Spidey/Stark scene. But whatever.

Which is kind of funny since someone asked Zack about releasing the Steppenwolf scene from BvS AFTER the movie's release...

You know, that scene I guess was our way of – I kind thought like, “Oh, that would be a cool after-credits sequence.” But then I was like, “I don’t know, can I do that?” because Marvel kind of does that. “Is that a thing?” So we were like, “Oh! Well, maybe there’s another way to do it, by just having it -” does that make sense?

http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-deleted-scene-steppenwolf-communion/

I know, but if shooting started in April and they were shooting like 2 scenes a day, they would have about that much by now. Of course, it's just speculation on a process that I don't know very much about. But I am wondering if they have anything ready to show at Comic Con.

Even though they started near the beginning of April (so 70 calendar days), they're only on day 31 of 111 in terms of shooting.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't show these two scenes at Comic Con now.

Dead

well not really...yet
Remember the concept art of Diana with the cloak?

BUalMNt.png

Looks like she'll have it in Justice League based on the reports

Blader

^fuck, that looks killer.

Maybe his article actually didn't have much of an effect on anyone(because, you know, general audiences don't usually read film blogs, much less BND, anyway) and WB isn't so petty? Maybe, given the hoops WB is jumping through to course correct and win back people with Justice League, it actually makes sense to invite people who didn't like BvS to show them the new steps they're taking?

If they were going to ban every journalist who wrote a bad review of BvS or parroted rumors about Suicide Squad reshoots, they wouldn't very many journalists left to visit a set anyway.

I'll take my no-prize now!

Ninjimbo

Even though they started near the beginning of April (so 70 calendar days), they're only on day 31 of 111 in terms of shooting.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't show these two scenes at Comic Con now.
Ahh, so that's where they're at. I guess I should keep my expectations down for anything JL at Comic Con.

I'll be honest, some of what I'm reading is leaving me...I'm tired and can't think of a word. It's like putting weight on my back foot.

Flash being Wally West named Barry Allen is dope. Plenty of what I'm reading about is exciting. Wish we'd hear more about Superman.

IconGrist

http://www.slashfilm.com/justice-league-set-visit/

The title of the article is "Zack Snyder Goes Full Marvel". I love the Marvel films but "DC film made by Marvel Studios" is not something I want to say about Justice League when I leave the theater. The rest sounds great though.

I think there is a problem with vocabulary. All I ever see is "lighter in tone = jokes and quips and smiles and Marvel" and "serious = dark and broody and grim and depressing".

They watched two scenes featuring a character they said from the beginning was going to be the "fun" one and suddenly, "Zack has gone full Marvel".

New logos:

These were all showcased in that DCEU CW special along with the GL logo.

jrush64

Banned
I want a movie where people can laugh and have fun while watching it. Like Civil War. Maybe not like Age of Ultron but Civil war was the perfect tone.

I loved BvS but I'm glad this movie isn't going to be that dark.

I think there is a problem with vocabulary. All I ever see is "lighter in tone = jokes and quips and smiles and Marvel" and "serious = dark and broody and grim and depressing".

They watched two scenes featuring a character they said from the beginning was going to be the "fun" one and suddenly, "Zack has gone full Marvel".

Yeah likely just a bad title really. A good middle ground is what I hope for and probably what we'll be getting. "Full Marvel" is hyperbole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom