• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
There was a rumor the theatrical cut from BvS came from the inability to fit in the imax footage with the rest of the movie. Also $$$

no IMAX was the biggest fuckup in history of moviemaking.

I'm so disappointed.

I hope Justice League will have IMAX.

I'm talking about this:
They’re shooting on film but not in IMAX.

Wtf, no IMAX in JL? That can't be right.

ClfLJJNUkAEra1e.jpg:large
-

Dierce

I wonder how much of Terrio's original script remains and if he was tasked in rewriting parts of it. Does he still get screenwriter credit if the script is almost completely rewritten by somebody else?

Blader

I wonder how much of Terrio's original script remains and if he was tasked in rewriting parts of it. Does he still get screenwriter credit if the script is almost completely rewritten by somebody else?

WGA rules are pretty kind to the original writer. I think you would need to completely toss out Terrio's script and do a page one rewrite for him to not get credit, and even then I don't know if it would necessarily work out that way.

Regardless of rewrites, with preproduction and all the new script has to be hitting the same major beats as what they started with. How you navigate to the scenes, the dialog, moments important to character development and relationships is fluid. Take this as you will, how Avengers 1 came about wasn't terribly different.

Reading interviews with Affleck, it's exciting to hear him talk about Batman's best stories being detective stories. He cites Maltese Falcon at one point. A deeply noir detective Batman story as the solo film would be wonderful.

Dead

well not really...yet
From what we know so far, the revealed plot of the film hasn't changed, and meshes with what has been set up in BvS

- Batman and Diana wrangling up the rest of the League to fight a new threat
- Steppenwolf is the villain
- Motherboxes play a part in the film
- Superman is dead and will return likely for the climax

Whatever script changes there are, are probably just tonal changes in some scenes, dialogue re-writes and what not, but it does not seem likely the overall plan has changed much.

I have a feeling they will announce The Batman starts filming next year at SDCC in a few weeks. Warner Bros moved Live By Night's release from October 2017 to January 2017. Ben's schedule is now cleared for the entire year.

Blader

I have a feeling they will announce The Batman starts filming next year at SDCC in a few weeks. Warner Bros moved Live By Night's release from October 2017 to January 2017. Ben's schedule is now cleared for the entire year.

Yeah I can see him start shooting it next year for Nov. 2018. But that means this year he has to juggle shooting JL with prepping Batman AND finishing post for Live By Night (plus press tours, especially if WB is putting it in play for the Oscars). Guy is gonna be worked to the fucking bone.

Yeah I can see him start shooting it next year for Nov. 2018. But that means this year he has to juggle shooting JL with prepping Batman AND finishing post for Live By Night (plus press tours, especially if WB is putting it in play for the Oscars). Guy is gonna be worked to the fucking bone.

As long as he gets going by July, he can make that October 2018 date they announced. Nolan more or less started filming 14 months before his Batman films were releasing and usually didn't finish until November. Most of the heavy lifting has been done for him. He doesn't have to worry about designing a new suit or vehicles. Justice League wraps in October. He's going to have a very busy schedule that's for sure -- if they try to film the Batman film next year.

Effect

Has the thread in OT reached dumpster fire levels yet?

Just assumed it would start out that way. No need to give it the benefit of the doubt.

I don't mind a tone change. In fact they had already said that JL would have a different tone. You see the tone shift at the very end of BvS anyway so it being different was a natural change. I doubt things were completely uprooted or tables completely flipped over. Sure they looked at how things could be improved, better told, not made as long, etc. Yet to many people will be patting themselves on their backs. I swear though if I read anyone saying they went Marvel and how that won out I'm going to flip. That's the shit that shouldn't happen. Now I like the Marvel films but I don't want the DC films to be like them. I don't want the Fox films to be like them. I don't want people thinking there is only one valid way to do these films. That's complete BS. What I'm hoping is they showed these bloggers what they wanted to see and they haven't flipped things around to such a major way. If I wanted more Marvel I'd be a bigger Marvel fan and there is a reason I'm not.

I still stand by some people thinking they know the material when they really don't. Like the Flash stuff and some comments I've seen. Flash has always been the light heartedness of the team. That's not new. That's not a change they made in wake of BvS. That's who that character is and it is and who he was always going to be.

So I'm trying to find as much facts as possible and that's it. I don't need a lot of opinions from comment sections or the other threads on Gaf. Don't need that crap today. Many people just make what should be interesting information unbearable to read and enjoy.

a916

LOL!!!!!!!

To be honest he's a tool and I don't know why he was ever invited. Be negative to the movie, that's all within your right.

But to be an aggravating troll who legit enjoys and relishes pissing off people (not to mention him being a terrible person in life), WB should've black balled him.

Vyer

Read the Vulture article.

Interesting news on the Dafoe casting.

Also:

Among the iPhones thrust into his face to record the conversation was one emblazoned with Captain America’s shield, a detail that sums up everything you need to know about what Snyder’s movies are up against and why the studio had invited us here for what proved to be a very unusual set visit.

Any guess on which professional was carrying that phone

LOL!!!!!!!

To be honest he's a tool and I don't know why he was ever invited. Be negative to the movie, that's all within your right.

But to be an aggravating troll who legit enjoys and relishes pissing off people (not to mention him being a terrible person in life), WB should've black balled him.

Cause they want to win him over in some capacity. Sticking your head in the sand like some around here would suggest isn't going to change anything. Also, he states in the Collider video he hasn't been on a WB set visit in years.

antovolk

LOL!!!!!!!

They specifically picked those who didn't like BvS:

I didn’t hate Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as much as most of my movie reviewing colleagues, but my 6 out of 10 review was far from gushing. It was negative enough to earn me thousands of hate tweets and threatening emails from DC fanboys, something that persisted for weeks. So I was surprised to get a call from Zack Snyder’s personal publicist asking if I’d be interested in visiting his Avengers-style team-up film Justice League.

I’ve been invited to dozens of movie sets over the years and usually the offer comes from the movie studio in charge, or more rarely a filmmaker friend will send out the personal invite. But this is the first time I’ve had the filmmaker’s personal publicist has reached out.
http://www.slashfilm.com/justice-league-set-visit/

Can't believe we're one week away from the UC.
Honestly can't wait to see what you all think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom