• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjimbo

Warner Bros fucked up with Affleck, he's a great actor but they're batman should have been as youg as everyone else.

Going older Bruce never made practical sense
Shit that opens the door for old man Bruce and Terry. I'm all for it. Plus it gave us BvS so it was a fantastic choice.

Anyways there's just as many story opportunities for old Bruce as there is for young Bruce. WB just has to have some balls.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
God I fucking hate Batman Beyond. I love Ben at Bats, but I really do wish they would've cast younger so we could get an in his prime Batman to fight along Superman for a few movies.

Maddocks

As much as I love batman beyond, he really has no place in movies. That is like replacing Peter Parker in movies, its just never going to happen because Bruce Wayne is universal, hes the starting and ending point with people.

BadAss2961

Finally others that are sick of hearing about Batman Beyond. It's not a good idea for a movie yet, period.

First things first, let's get the Bat family done.

WhiteWolf

Would Matt Reeves be a good pick to take on the director chair for Batman? I only know about him from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and the upcoming War of the Planet of the Apes, everything else he directed didn't look that great. George Miller would be interesting, but I seriously doubt he'd do it.

Ross61

It was all good just a week ago.

I can't wait until Aquaman and Manta rip eachother apart! I'm here for all the gratuitous violence.

Raptor

Would Matt Reeves be a good pick to take on the director chair? I only know about him from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and the upcoming War of the Planet of the Apes, everything else he directed didn't look that great. George Miller would be interesting, but I seriously doubt he'd do it.

Fuck yes, dude is having a great streak of great movies on his belt.

Apes movies are some of the best blockbusters around today.

He also knows structure and pacing unlike Snyder.

EDIT:

You talking about directing the batman movie?

If yes I think the dude that directed Seven is a good pick.

a916

Would Matt Reeves be a good pick to take on the director chair? I only know about him from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and the upcoming War of the Planet of the Apes, everything else he directed didn't look that great. George Miller would be interesting, but I seriously doubt he'd do it.

I would love Reeves to do it. His movies have a lot of heart. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was my favorite movie from that year (until Interstellar came out... same year I think)

I don't believe that for a second. They would lose so much face if he's not Batman in the movie. Ben wouldn't put out a statement like he just did saying he's still "all in" when they know he wouldn't be. Though I guess we do live in the new age of flat out lying to people and getting away with it...

Ben sat on a couch on Jimmy Kimmel not two weeks ago and said he was directing The Batman....

Ashhong

About NO ONE talking about Air Bender? I don't even care for the crap and I hear about it plenty. As for Disney buying it..yeah, those fools do that to get you folks to go crazy. Might be working..

I honestly don't hear about TLA at ALL anymore. I forgot the movie existed until you guys brought it up in here. People care about TLA?

WhiteWolf

Fuck yes, dude is having a great streak of great movies on his belt.

Apes movies are some of the best blockbusters around today.

He also knows structure and pacing unlike Snyder.

EDIT:

You talking about directing the batman movie?

If yes I think the dude that directed Seven is a good pick.
Yeah the Batman solo film, sorry for the confusion. He is rumored to be on the short list and I want to know more about him. Fincher would be great, but there's no way he does it.
I would love Reeves to do it. His movies have a lot of heart. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was my favorite movie from that year (until Interstellar came out... same year I think)
Yeah I remember enjoying Dawn of the Planet of the Apes quite a bit, I just haven't seen anything else by him to know what types of movies he makes. I saw the original Let The Right One In, but passed on the remake.

Ninjimbo

Yeah the Batman solo film, sorry for the confusion. He is rumored to be on the short list and I want to know more about him. Fincher would be great, but there's no way he does it.

Yeah I remember enjoying Dawn of the Planet of the Apes quite a bit, I just haven't seen anything else by him to know what types of movies he makes. I saw the original Let The Right One In, but passed on the remake.
He also did Cloverfield and Let Me In. I actually think he's similar to Snyder just without the air of pretentiousness I guess. And of course less slick when it comes to visuals. They're both guys trying to elevate genre films.

I honestly don't hear about TLA at ALL anymore. I forgot the movie existed until you guys brought it up in here. People care about TLA?

They do. Believe it. Again, I am not a fan..probably seen one minute of that show. Point remains, people get over whatever issues they have when a good product (subjective) is put out. Mel Gibson has been plenty hated for YEARS..he's getting hired for a comedy next year.

Ross61

They do. Believe it. Again, I am not a fan..probably seen one minute of that show. Point remains, people get over whatever issues they have when a good product (subjective) is put out. Mel Gibson has been plenty hated for YEARS..he's getting hired for a comedy next year.
I mean we haven't stopped hating him. He can put out a good film and we can still hate him.

(It's still fuck him)

Speaking of Mel, put him on this. lol

I know he shat on the genre the other day, but might as well reach out to him.

Somehow I doubt he'd be interested. I mean, if his boy RDJ couldn't get him onboard..

I mean we haven't stopped hating him. He can put out a good film and we can still hate him.

(It's still fuck him)

Oh, I hear you. Just saying there are those that give a pass just based on a good movie.

BadAss2961

Somehow I doubt he'd be interested. I mean, if his boy RDJ couldn't get him onboard..
Marvel's a bubblegum studio, and Disney's only interested in making super safe films with these properties.

It won't happen. But if Mel were to ever consider doing one of these, Batman or Superman are probably the best bets.

Marvel's a bubblegum studio, and Disney's only interested in making super safe films with these properties.

It won't happen. But if Mel were to ever consider doing one of these, Batman or Superman are probably the best bets.

Right. Now removing the unnecessary fan stuff. RDJ, his friend, has asked him. He really doesn't seem interested. I mean, knock yourself out and think it'll more likely happen for hardcore DC and not the baby mouse place..do you lol

Warner Bros fucked up with Affleck, he's a great actor but they're batman should have been as youg as everyone else.

Going older Bruce never made practical sense

Nah fuck that. Older grizzled Bruce is great. Makes him like the leader of the team too. I was quite happy they were going over 40 for him. And judging by that warehouse fight he can still go.

Also IF they replaced him, and that's a big if. I don't believe that's happening. But if it did then it makes the snyder verse more self correcting than ever. When the man of Steel finale looked like an overblown mess they made it a part of the narrative of BvS and that was one of the better things about the movie, how they addressed that.

If Bruce retires and passes the mantle you could point to his jadedness and murders in BvS as the end of his days in the cowl. And he can walk away from it thinking he failed batman and someone else deserves the mantle to redeem him.

I don't want ben to leave but if he did they have some really dope setup for it to happen and to give it to dick grayson.

guek

Banned
It could be that he's unsure about how much more he wants to do in the role if the universe keeps getting panned and he's waiting to see how JL does before making a firm decision

Ross61

Deadline said in the article that Terrio did a rewrite of The Batman script from Affleck and Johns's script. But I thought the script wasn't done or even existed.

What is the truth?

Deadline said in the article that Terrio did a rewrite of The Batman script from Affleck and Johns's script. But I thought the script wasn't done or even existed.

What is the truth?

It existed. Johns and Affleck both teased they were working on something at the beginning of last year. At this point, whatever Ben has said can be taken with a huge grain of salt considering he went on national tv and "cleared the air" about him directing The Batman about two weeks ago on Kimmel.

Vibranium

Banned
I'm not going to worry about Batman. We'll see how Wonder Woman turns out first.

Aquaman is the movie I am most excited to see, I like Wan, and the casting seems great. Wan could do good things.

first two are fantastic. third got fairly stupid and disappointing, but relative to many other comic book movies that have come out since it doesn't look so bad anymore. still not a fan tho.

TDKR has aged like bread and TDK is a pretty badly paced and unfocused movie. It still makes my top 10 CBM easily but it's greatly elevated by Ledger's and Eckhart's performances. I loved Dent in TDK until he turns to Two-Face and Nolan is corny for that ship scene. Just like with Avengers (which I consider middle of the road these days) I don't think it holds up in many areas on repeat views. His character work is stellar, rest is so-so.

Ahasverus

Terrio da gawd salvaging our beloved mess again

C3jh0tNUYAEY2lO.jpg

He's the unsung hero of the DCEU.

Here is the script I sent Zack for THE BATMAN:

BATMAN:

I'm the-

BATMAN gets interrupted by a thug, catches his wrist and breaks his arm. More thugs follow, rushing BATMAN relentlessly. He wrecks them.

BATMAN:

I'm the goddamn Batman.

THE END

8rlJX9W.gif

Ross61

We can definitely rule out Snyder. The execs who go to bat for him are getting fazed out. The only person that still likes him is Geoff and he's not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom