• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Guess new pic from Wonder Woman

C3ixn4OUEAQaMK-.jpg:large

BadAss2961

Snyder would make the best Batman movie ever. I firmly believe that.
It's ultimately where he should've landed in the first place. His whole style and biggest strengths lends itself to Batman. It shows in BvS.

Get a more fun, upbeat director to do JL movies.

firelogic

Sucks that whoever takes over is likely to tone down Snyder's vision.

Snyder himself might be shackled in Justice League.

I don't think he's been shackled by the studio for Justice League because the end of BvS showed that Batman/Bruce was going to reform his ways after seeing what Superman truly represented. Snyder was going in a less grim direction anyway prior to the critical fallout.

I just want The Batman to be kind of separate from the Justice League Batman and continue on with the same tone from BvS. For example, standalone Deadpool movies would be rated-R Deadpool but if he were to join in on an X-Men movie, he'd be PG13. They could do the same for Bats.

Edit:
What are the chances that WB allows "The Batman" to be rated R? Some comic stories have him beating people to the brink of death. Too risky amidst all the criticism I suppose?

Ninjimbo

It's ultimately where he should've landed in the first place. His whole style and biggest strengths lends itself to Batman. It shows in BvS.

Get a more fun, upbeat director to do JL movies.
Personally, I'm glad he's doing JL because these teamup superhero movies can use a fresh take. Snyder is going to give it his all and try to bring something new to the table.

There was that fake script going around that included a scene where Flash ran so quick that he started to seeing visions of a future where the other heroes were being murdered. I want to see shit like that onscreen. It comes out of left field and it forces you to think of the character in a different context. It sounded like something Snyder would do lol.

But yeah, Snyder's sensibilities are natural for Batman. I'm still amazed Snyder went through with that version of the character.

Ashhong

Was watching collider heroes and they all pretty much agreed it's good that Ben stepped down as director. To act, direct, produce, and write in a superhero movie with a shit ton of green screen with all the pressure on you woild he insane. Not to mention the physical toll it would have from both your workout routine from the role and the stress of directing. That's just insane. I don't think we will ever see someone star and direct a CBM

a916

Was watching collider heroes and they all pretty much agreed it's good that Ben stepped down as director. To act, direct, produce, and write in a superhero movie with a shit ton of green screen with all the pressure on you woild he insane. Not to mention the physical toll it would have from both your workout routine from the role and the stress of directing. That's just insane. I don't think we will ever see someone star and direct a CBM

Schnepp said on it's own, as did Campea, on it's own, it's a rationale and good move for both parties. But if you look at all the other red flags surrounding them, it makes you want to hit the panic button real hard.

That John Campea dude has lost his mind.....

Nah, many like his, WB is slowly making it hard to ignore the severe incompetence at show here with WB. I was a die hard fan with blinding optimism even after BVS dropped... but since SS, they've been dropping all kinds of bad PR

Ninjimbo

Schnepp said on it's own, as did Campea, on it's own, it's a rationale and good move for both parties. But if you look at all the other red flags surrounding them, it makes you want to hit the panic button real hard.

Nah, many like his, WB is slowly making it hard to ignore the severe incompetence at show here with WB. I was a die hard fan with blinding optimism even after BVS dropped... but since SS, they've been dropping all kinds of bad PR
What is PR worth anyway? It's all bad now, but then what if WW comes out and it's good? And then what if JL comes out and it's great? You really just need one movie to switch it all around. People will forget and move on to the next thing.

I think all the drama behind the scenes is overstated. Hollywood is filled with plenty of production horror stories with films that turned out fine. We can't really come to any sort of conclusion with lack of information. Might as well chill for now.

This is something people often like to forget.

WB is doing PR, y'all just calling them liars and trying to read between the lines.

Well, when you have Ben on national TV saying he's going to direct the movie and then two weeks later you find out he's not.. it's kinda hard to take what they're telling people at face value anymore.

a916

What is PR worth anyway? It's all bad now, but then what if WW comes out and it's good? And then what if JL comes out and it's great? You really just need one movie to switch it all around. People will forget and move on to the next thing.

I think all the drama behind the scenes is overstated. Hollywood is filled with plenty of production horror stories with films that turned out fine. We can't really come to any sort of conclusion with lack of information. Might as well chill for now.

I totally agree. Like they say, winning solves everything. But there's definitely a lot of smoke coming from the WB camp and it shouldn't be ignored either. For all we know, all these changes can work out for the best... but it's hard not to be worried about the future of this film universe as it stands right now.

Ashhong

Yea definitely. But I'm used to the normal bad news from DC at this point. But just looking at the loss of him as a director, not a big deal. Hoping for an A list director to replace him. Chances of George Miller coming on?

a916

WB shouldn't be fast tracking anything at this point. The whole idea is teetering on the edge

I'm of this mindset lol. Fast tracking is the last thing they should do. The only time they should bother that is get their overarching plan in place.

I desperately hope AM get's finished before any sort of DC reboot or cancellation starts happening. That's the first Geoff Johns movie with the most talented director to boot.

Ashhong

I'm of this mindset lol. Fast tracking is the last thing they should do. The only time they should bother that is get their overarching plan in place.

I desperately hope AM get's finished before any sort of DC reboot or cancellation starts happening. That's the first Geoff Johns movie with the most talented director to boot.

I forget, is it Wan who WB basically said "choose what movie you want" and he chose AM? Interesting choice. Can't fucking wait for it

Ross61

I don't know why y'all don't think Johns hasn't had a hand in Wonder Woman. He's the co-writer for gods sake lol.

And they most likely do have a plan and we're seeing it in motion.

It'd be a damn shame if the only movie to come out next year was Aquaman.

Ashhong

I don't know why y'all don't think Johns hasn't had a hand in Wonder Woman. He's the co-writer for gods sake lol.

Was he cowriter before or after he became head of DCEU?

a916

He has had a hand in writing sure, but he became one of the heads of DC Films well after. He's gone from co-writing one film, to (hopefully) shifting the direction of the entire film slate. So AM is definitely more significant to that regard.

WW had wrapped well before the official announcement. That's about as much of a timeline as we have.

WhiteWolf

The thing is though, I want Snyder to do a BvS style brutal Batman. I don't want a toned down version. Anyone else can do that.
Same here man, Snyder's Batman is my favorite Batman on film. He should do the Batman film in the DCEU since he had such a large part in creating this current iteration of the character. I was hopeful Ben would stick close to that, but who knows now.

I'm really worried JL is going to have studio fingerprints all over it, but I guess at this point I just hope it makes money so Snyder has a shot at directing The Batman.

a916

Im going to go ahead and predict here:

Wonder Woman = Good
Aquaman = Good

Justice League = bad to garbage.

I think AM will be the best of the bunch, JL I have no idea, I love most of Snyder's films but they don't review well so... who knows. Wonder Woman should be in real good hands but jesus, if that thing critically bombs...

Never heard of Heinberg, but didn't Snyder write WW?

Heinberg is probably best known as a comics writer, who both worked on Wonder Woman and wrote with Johns in the past. He has TV credits, too, but I don't believe he's worked on movies. Him and Johns have the screenplay credit. Snyder has story credit, which can be as simple as him saying "set it during World War 1." All the minutiae is on Heinberg and Johns. If there's anything peculiar, Heinberg gets a story credit while Johns doesn't.

Honestly how credits are handled in movies is a bit of a mess. Zak Penn has a story credit on The Avengers when the script was all but rewritten from scratch by Whedon.

LionPride

Banned
What's the point of all this if we're not even excited for the biggest film in the lineup.

It's 2017 and I may be able to see Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and (Insert black Member that should be Martian Manhunter, but is Cyborg her) as well as Superman all on the same screen

I don't care

That's not a good thing, at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom