• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ghostbusters can get 70%, anything can get it. You just have to pander in the right sort of way.

Seriously, why is Ghostbusters so high?

That movie got a really big push because of trolls attacking the ladies in the movie. It feels to me that it was to get back at all those MRA/Gamergate weirdos who couldn't stomach women being the Ghostbusters. All that being said, the thing was unfunny. My wife was mad at me that we watched it. My daughter said she'd stick to the old ones. I can't believe how awful it is. I'd "gladly" watch SS again instead of that..(what am I saying?) 😐

Paul Blart is 33% on RT.

Should be a fucking 0.3

BadAss2961

JL will most likely be an inoffensive outing with fun and plenty of action with a straightforward plot. 70% range on RT. Hardcore fans will be meh on it, general population will be satisfied. Hits a billion. Just enough to keep the ship afloat.
That won't be good enough for critics to pass it. I'd argue Suicide Squad was already the fun outing with a straightforward plot that ultimately left the gen pop satisfied despite the critical backlash. The fanboy conversation is whatever, since it all starts on how the critics see it.

JL has to be undeniably good after where DC currently stands. Call it a conspiracy theory or whatever, that's just how I see it. If JL gets 70%, you can expect one hell of a CBM.

Dierce

That won't be good enough for critics to pass it. I'd argue Suicide Squad was already the fun outing with a straightforward plot that ultimately left the gen pop satisfied despite the critical backlash. The fanboy conversation is whatever, since it all starts on how the critics see it.

JL has to be undeniably good after where DC currently stands. Call it a conspiracy theory or whatever, that's just how I see it. If JL gets 70%, you can expect one hell of a CBM.

I agree. For Snyder to get 70% on RT (disregarding his earlier films) he would have to deliver one of the best films of all time. A lot of critics just hate him to a fault.

ryan299

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, who starred in Netflix's Baz Luhrmann show The Get Down, is in early talks to put on his wetsuit for Warner Bros. Aquaman movie.

The actor has nabbed the part of Black Manta, one of the DC Comics villains. Director James Wan and the studio have been meeting with numerous actors for the part for the past two weeks, settling on Abdul-Mateen over the weekend. The official offer went out yesterday and the parties are now in talks.

via THR

Raptor

aquaman__run_fools__by_ptratux-d81nrmm.jpg

I want this in the movie!

LionPride

Banned
TLA has a bigger fan outcry than BvS? I don't know about that. Nobody talks about TLA anymore other than in passing about how bad it was. BvS will be mocked forever
No it won't. Let a good movie come out, much like people forgot about GL, peeps gonna forget about BvS because it is nowhere near the worst CBM.

TLA is one of the worst adaptions ever, up there with shitty video games

guek

Banned

Considering you're pretending that SS was a decent movie and peddling more DCEU persecution nonsense all in the same post, yeah, I'll call it a conspiracy theory.

I have no doubt you sincerely believe your weird alternative reality though.

Raptor

Well fuck I might be ok for Disney to buy DC if that gets me good movies.

Im only for the quality of the movies, I dont give a crap who owns what.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamnit guek, in this thread only alternative facts count. Get with it!

Disney buying "DC" is so shortsighted it's a wonder why people on forums aren't making these decisions. Warners would've bought Marvel in the 90s and Nintendo would've gone third party with the Gamecube.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Wanting Disney to buy dc? Gross. This thread has lost the plot. It must be destroyed. And from the ashes we'll build a better one

You want it, I know you do.

I really wouldn't be surprised if he ends up making what most consider the "best" DCEU film

Seaman is the hero we need and deserve.

Goddamnit I miss Nolan's one-liners, can't the fucker just write like 5-10 per DC movie?

a916

I really wouldn't be surprised if he ends up making what most consider the "best" DCEU film

Not much of a stretch, was he not deemed the guy most talented after Affleck? With Affleck dropping out, it's pretty much up to him. Jenkins I think is too much of a wild card.

firelogic

Well fuck I might be ok for Disney to buy DC if that gets me good movies.

Im only for the quality of the movies, I dont give a crap who owns what.

If Disney buys DC, hypothetically, we're going to get a carbon copy of the MCU just with DC characters. Is that what you want? I sure don't.

Ross61

What's so wildcard about Jenkins? She's made a phenomenal film before and nothing less. She doesn't have to critical disappointments of Wan, Ayer, Snyder, or now Affleck. It hasn't been a min since she released a film, but talent or knowledge doesn't go away like that.

If Disney buys DC, hypothetically, we're going to get a carbon copy of the MCU just with DC characters. Is that what you want? I sure don't.

Youre pretty much about to get that anyways after snyder leaves.

I think Disney owning dc would not be very good, but for more reasons than just "but it will be like mcu"

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
What's so wildcard about Jenkins? She's made a phenomenal film before and nothing less. She doesn't have to critical disappointments of Wan, Ayer, Snyder, or now Affleck. It hasn't been a min since she released a film, but talent or knowledge doesn't go away like that.

First time for everything!

Watch how in the coming months we have more of these rumours about WW being a mess and all of you desperately trying to ignore it. But in your heart, knowing it is true. Embrace it.

no more pain, just darkness.

Ross61

First time for everything!

Watch how in the coming months we have more of these rumours about WW being a mess and all of you desperately trying to ignore it. But in your heart, knowing it is true. Embrace it.

no more pain, just darkness.

There's been more rumors of it being great than it has of it being bad.

guek

Banned

I think the concern is that it's not really a part of her wheelhouse and she's been out of the game for awhile. It's not that she's expected to do a bad job, just that she is a wild card as stated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom