• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder Woman action figures.
j0WP6s9.png
7PdrQdn.png

Ashhong

Heinberg is probably best known as a comics writer, who both worked on Wonder Woman and wrote with Johns in the past. He has TV credits, too, but I don't believe he's worked on movies. Him and Johns have the screenplay credit. Snyder has story credit, which can be as simple as him saying "set it during World War 1." All the minutiae is on Heinberg and Johns. If there's anything peculiar, Heinberg gets a story credit while Johns doesn't.

Honestly how credits are handled in movies is a bit of a mess. Zak Penn has a story credit on The Avengers when the script was all but rewritten from scratch by Whedon.

Ah, I thought I heard that Snyder had a pretty big part in the story for WW, but if it was mostly Johns that makes it a bit more interesting.

It's 2017 and I may be able to see Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and (Insert black Member that should be Martian Manhunter, but is Cyborg her) as well as Superman all on the same screen

I don't care

That's not a good thing, at all

I care also.

Raptor

It's 2017 and I may be able to see Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and (Insert black Member that should be Martian Manhunter, but is Cyborg her) as well as Superman all on the same screen

I don't care

That's not a good thing, at all

I care for Superman and Wonder Woman and Flash, being together in a movie, but I dont trust Snyder anymore.

Oh and batman I guess....

I care though and Im hoping for the best.

a916

Heinberg is probably best known as a comics writer, who both worked on Wonder Woman and wrote with Johns in the past. He has TV credits, too, but I don't believe he's worked on movies. Him and Johns have the screenplay credit. Snyder has story credit, which can be as simple as him saying "set it during World War 1." All the minutiae is on Heinberg and Johns. If there's anything peculiar, Heinberg gets a story credit while Johns doesn't.

Honestly how credits are handled in movies is a bit of a mess. Zak Penn has a story credit on The Avengers when the script was all but rewritten from scratch by Whedon.

"yo fam," eating a burger, "put ah... make sure you show a lex lethor truck passing by" Boom, writing credits.

It works the same way for producer credits

Justice League is the only dc movie I'm anticipating. Until they announce somebody good for batman. Then that too

Aquaman looks baller in JL. But I don't really fuck with James Wan movies tbh, so the solo im ambivalent about. He made the worst fast and furious movie since the 4th. Though I suppose he's not to blame for that one, it was always gonna be hard to fix that with walkers death.

Wonder Woman will at best be mid-tier mcu quality.

JL is the only one with any shot at feeling unique due to snyder's inability to make things divorced from his own style and ideas. We'll get jokes, sure. But its also gonna be snyder as fuck with the cynicism and muscle worship on display lol.

Definitely seeing all 3 movies one way or another because of the characters involved tho.

Bunch of nonsense in this thread. Plenty of people, including myself, are looking forward to black panther moreso than Infinity War. Which is the culmination of all the mcu films so far and the big bang for the avengers. It has a better director and writer team on it as well

Does that mean it's a sad or strange state of affairs for marvel? This is pretty much the analogy people are going for with the whole aquaman /JL thing.

That would be dope no doubt. Or have him go to sea world and rescue the whales there too. And have mera control the water to make the roads a slip and slide

Imagine the fast 5 vault sequence but with aquaman on top of a whale breh

a916

Shut up Disco, you're gonna be singing Wan's praises with the rest of us when Aquaman rides a shark from one tower into another.

It's been a long day, without you my friend...

*This October, find out what family means*

Wooooh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

*Aquaman: King of Atlantis opening this Friday*

That would be dope no doubt. Or have him go to sea world and rescue the whales there too. And have mera control the water to make the roads a slip and slide

Imagine the fast 5 vault sequence but with aquaman on top of a whale breh

It better have a subplot about Aquaman taking revenge for the events in Blackfish.

In all seriousness, the Fury Road stunt coordinator is working on Aquaman so I have high hopes.

Director said some of the cooler action scenes are gonna be on land. I hope he goes all out with the water portion too tho. You can do a lot with variables like sealife and shit

Wasn't the same stunt people used for Suicide Squad too? So I wouldn't get too excited. It's more about what's being asked of them than anything else.

Ross61

Director said some of the cooler action scenes are gonna be on land. I hope he goes all out with the water portion too tho. You can do a lot with variables like sealife and shit

I thought that was the writer? Didn't think he was talking comparatively about the underwater and on land scenes.

The writer is the only thing that has me worried.

Wasn't the same stunt people used for Suicide Squad too? So I wouldn't get too excited. It's more about what's being asked of them than anything else.

I swear Tom Hardy said the stunt team was heading to Toronto for Suicide Squad and he was bummed he wouldn't get to work with them again. *shrugs*

Edit: Yeah, the same supervising stunt coordinator was on both. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0635815/

I get excited..you kick me down..lol 😞

Ralph Fiennes would prolly be a dope Darkseid. I wonder what casting rumors are for him right now. He needs a good voice.

Even if JL had a proper trailer, people would still feel iffy towards it because people are split on Man of Steel, hated Batman v Superman, and don't like Suicide Squad

people apparently liked suicide squad quite a bit actually, I dunno why but it resonated well with people.

LionPride

Banned
Ralph Fiennes would prolly be a dope Darkseid. I wonder what casting rumors are for him right now. He needs a good voice.

people apparently liked suicide squad quite a bit actually, I dunno why but it resonated well with people.
WHO!?!?

I have not seen or heard one positive thing about that movie since it came out?

IconGrist

I wouldn't mind leaving this up for a vote... but should we spoiler tag the eventual toy image of Ares? At least until the first weekend of WW is done?

Unless they drop a promotional shot/show him in a trailer...

Just to not get into a huge debate about it like last time I think we should spoiler tag any images like that.

Ross61

Just came to my attention that since the Ares a "build a figure" he might actually grown in size significantly in the movie.

I'm kinda getting hype at the Wonder Woman vs Ares battle.

I know we're hoping that they don't show Ares until the movie, but that is most likely unlikely. Marketing studies suggest that those of us that don't want to be spoiled on something like that are a small minority.

Ninjimbo

Like, the average person shouldn't be more excited for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 than the damn Justice League, but....
The average person doesn't care about any of these movies. The only people excited for GOTG2 are nerds on the internet and you can find a fanbase for anything..

LionPride

Banned
The average person doesn't care about any of these movies. The only people excited for GOTG2 are nerds on the internet and you can find a fanbase for anything..
Believe it or not, the average person who goes to the theatre at all during the year, would be seeing GoTG 2 over JL. Average people have seen the DCEU movies and don't like

And I know you can find a fanbase for anything, this is a fanbase full of people with strange opinions and unneccessary tendencies alongside some relatively normal and cool people talking about some not good movies

I must know some nerd ass 60+yos lol..probably the most liked movie by every friend's parents. We've all had a laugh about it. Even got a call from one's mom telling me she saw the trailer one Facebook..guessing the music gets them into it..

VERY odd statement... Don't think $775 Million (for the first movie) was earned from nerds alone. There is a market, and Disney knows how to market the shit out of their movies. I sure don't like the formula, but it works. And I think DC/WB would be better off taking a bit of that. When their movies aren't even landing with nerds, you have a problem.

LionPride

Banned
VERY odd statement... Don't think $775 Million (for the first movie) was earned from nerds alone. There is a market, and Disney knows how to market the shit out of their movies. I sure don't like the formula, but it works. And I think DC/WB would be better off taking a bit of that. When their movies aren't even landing with nerds, you have a problem.
They ain't landing with nerds OR "regular" people. That's bad.

I ain't even talkin money, just critically.

They ain't landing with nerds OR "regular" people. That's bad.

I ain't even talkin money, just critically.

I think both are an issue, critically and financially. And I dig these movies (not Suicide Squad though), but I see it is not landing. I'm hoping Wonder Woman will, and Justice League is too big to fail so I hope they're keeping that movie under a microscope, but the outlook isn't looking great. Couple that with the Affleck news and whatnot, and my outlook is getting smaller and smaller.

Obviously normal people liked Suicide Squad enough as evidenced by it's legs at the box office.

To this day, I have no idea how Suicide Squad had the legs it had. I think it was marketed a bit better than BvS, which helped quite a bit I'm sure. I still hear the soundtrack songs on the radio (I still kinda dig em, so yeah haha) and I think it had enough "fun" for most people. But yeah man, it's weird...

IconGrist

Obviously normal people liked Suicide Squad enough as evidenced by it's legs at the box office.

Suicide Squad will always be that weird one where DCEU fans and non-DCEU fans are left scratching their head. Some will come up with any excuse to downplay its success, the rest just take it for what it is. A movie that resonated people outside of its target demographic. Or maybe they were the target demographic the whole time and WB played us while laughing on their way to the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom