• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Snyder isn't leaving. Don't say that!

One day he will and then the true hero will rise: JOSS WHEDON. Better believe it, it will happen. Prolly after JL1.

There's been more rumors of it being great than it has of it being bad.

Sssh, no tears. Two rumours actually about it being crap, knowing the history of the DCEU it will end up true. Good news is I'll probably enjoy it.

Raptor

If Disney buys DC, hypothetically, we're going to get a carbon copy of the MCU just with DC characters. Is that what you want? I sure don't.

No I want movies in tone of what we are getting but well made, not badly edited, badly estructured, questionable acted, below average written movies.

Basically I want something like Batman Begins, TDK. and not more movies like BvS and SS.

Disney buying DC might be the worse thing it could happen but jesus christ something must happen, since Nolan abandoned ship things are getting worse by the minute.

Ross61

One day he will and then the true hero will rise: JOSS WHEDON. Better believe it, it will happen. Prolly after JL1.

Sssh, no tears. Two rumours actually about it being crap, knowing the history of the DCEU it will end up true. Good news is I'll probably enjoy it.

I don't believe it but we'll see.

You might have gone crazy with that Affleck news.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
No I want movies in tone of what we are getting but well made, not badly edited, badly estructured, questionable acted, below average written movies.

Basically I want something like Batman Begins, TDK. and not more movies like BvS and SS.

Disney buying DC might be the worse thing it could happen but jesus christ something must happen, since Nolan abandoned ship things are getting worse by the minute.

Nolan ain't got time for that crap. That Dunkirk prologue shits on everything Marvel and DC have put out in their universes combined.

I don't believe it but we'll see.

You might have gone crazy with that Affleck news.

Tbh I'm just bored.

Firemind

Nolan. Can't. Direct. Action.

Raptor

Correction, he can't direct fight choreography

Agreed, and if Inception is anything to go by he does know action but maybe he doesnt like to go all crazy on it.

And even if it where true, I rather watch Begins or TDK a million times before seeing BvS again.

a916

So... the latest rumor is Affleck is dropping out of Batman, acting, as well.

The rumor being Armie Hammer
playing Dick Grayson will be given the cowl from Batman

If that's the case fuck this all... burn it all to the ground and start again.
You don't retire Batman in your newly launched cinematic universe half a movie in.

You don't retire Batman in your newly launched cinematic universe half a movie in.

On the plus side, DickBats!

That would make a lot of sense after BvS narratively tbh. A lot of sense, it would be a good idea for the story arc that they have given him. But fuck man they can't give us something like that Bruce and Alfred combo in such a short supply and end it already

Where's this coming from? Got a link?

WhiteWolf

Where is the rumor coming from?

Edit: beaten.

a916

Where's this coming from? Got a link?

Mark Hughes on Forbes talked about it, and I just heard John Schnepp reiterate that it's a rumor from a good source. The Armie Hammer thing is purely conjecture on top of the rumor. Not the same rumor I want to make clear.

I feel like having a super old Batman when your Superman was a week old was a really dumb move from the beginning... this would solidify the entire thing.

Raptor

Put Gore Verbinski as director and we might have an upgrade on our hands.

Mark Hughes on Forbes talked about it, and I just heard John Schnepp reiterate that it's a rumor from a good source. The Armie Hammer thing is purely conjecture on top of the rumor. Not the same rumor I want to make clear.

I feel like having a super old Batman when your Superman was a week old was a really dumb move from the beginning... this would solidify the entire thing.

Hmm..that'd be..hmm. Sounds like shit is going all sorts of wrong over there. Damn..

guek

Banned

no way

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I don't believe that for a second. They would lose so much face if he's not Batman in the movie. Ben wouldn't put out a statement like he just did saying he's still "all in" when they know he wouldn't be. Though I guess we do live in the new age of flat out lying to people and getting away with it...

a916

Again, I want to stress it's a rumor, and the Hammer thing is speculation ON TOP of the rumor.

Crap like this always comes out with a negative story comes out... people go overboard with the reaction.

I don't believe that for a second. They would lose so much face if he's not Batman in the movie. Ben wouldn't put out a statement like he just did saying he's still "all in" when they know he wouldn't be. Though I guess we do live in the new age of flat out lying to people and getting away with it...

Shit..you could run the fucking county.

a916

To be fair, he's all in on the project. Doesn't mean he's all in for 5 more Batman projects.

I'd be down for Armie Hammer as Bats if Affleck stays on and it's a pseudo-Beyond setup.

The other Armie Hammer in Batman thing I heard was a sort of Godfather Part 2 setup where he plays a much younger Bruce in a parallel story. But it's all just rumors.

Good. I liked the The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (2015 film).
https://goo.gl/search/The+Man+from+U.N.C.L.E.

I'd be down for Armie Hammer as Bats if Affleck stays on and it's a pseudo-Beyond setup.

The other Armie Hammer in Batman thing I heard was a sort of Godfather Part 2 setup where he plays a much younger Bruce in a parallel story. But it's all just rumors.

Thats a dope idea. Have the flashbacks linked to some mystery he's solving that's related to a previous case. Fuck it would be so good. Uncharted territory for superhero movies too.

Shit..you could run the fucking county.

Not if he's tolerant of other races or religion or sexual orientation lol...:(

The events of JL1(+2?) leaving Batfleck crippled and looking for a successor that he finds in Dick would be pretty dope. I can already imagine Affleck as a grumpy asshole mentor.

Not sure about Armie Hammer as Dick tho
gucci3.png

a916

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of Bruce being replaced.

For all the right and the wrong reasons.

We're talking about the JL forming and it not having Bruce and Clark together for significant time... let that sink in. I hate the sound of it.

shingi70

Banned
Warner Bros fucked up with Affleck, he's a great actor but they're batman should have been as youg as everyone else.

Going older Bruce never made practical sense

Ross61

Warner Bros fucked up with Affleck, he's a great actor but they're batman should have been as youg as everyone else.

Going older Bruce never made practical sense

If it means that they plan to baton pass to a younger and more diverse group than I completely am for it.

If it's one thing that DC has over Marvel it's legacy. Have Affleck play Batman for a few movies than pass it on to a younger face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom