• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross61

Can't imagine the changes have been that crazy. Has anything they shown from that event changed?

They really didn't show much except concept art. And concept art in these movies rarely show the final product. Also taking into account that Flash is being rewritten from the ground up.

They really didn't show much except concept art. And concept art in these movies rarely show the final product. Also taking into account that Flash is being rewritten from the ground up.

With Barry being a forensic scientist in just about every single incarnation of the character, that would be a very odd choice to change it.

tjmf9o91rx67nt1mhukn.jpg

I am so getting this.

Bleepey

I care because what's the point? Why do it during every fucking post you make? Plus his points about Superman were shit anyway if you wanna be on discussion

And you all encourage the behavior by not calling him out on it constantly, he just keeps doing it

What points about Snyder's Superman did I make that was shit? Like seriously point them out I am genuinely curious.

Also I call out double standards, I have called out people who complain about the killing of Zod or Batman killing in equal measure and not in a "but Marvel" way but in a look at all the "cinematic and comic book precedent" sort of way. Also the only reason I brought up Cap in my post was to make a point about what makes Superman Superman not to shit on Marvel. I love Mark Miller's immaturity. Reviewers say Cap was a better Superman than Superman and I am not quite sure why. He doesn't smile, he kills more hydra agents than cancer, he is kinda arrogant because he thinks his way is the way to go and acts irrationally every time the apple of his eye is threatened. The only reason I can think is the respective universes don't test him, he is viewed positively for like 5 movies before his role in the world is questioned, he can kill with impunity and it's ok because Cap is a soldier (though there have been continuities where he doesn't kill), he is not shown being incapable of saving large groups of people till AoU, and he thinks he is above the law because he's an Avenger I guess.

I did bring it up in the thread, no response. Therefore I came here because I seriously doubted he would answer a PM and he didn't respond for pages when I asked in here.

What did you ask me?

a916

Reviewers say Cap was a better Superman than Superman and I am not quite sure why. He doesn't smile, he kills more hydra agents than cancer, he is kinda arrogant because he thinks his way is the way to go and acts irrationally every time the apple of his eye is threatened. The only reason I can think is the respective universes don't test him, he is viewed positively for like 5 movies before his role in the world is questioned, he can kill with impunity and it's ok because Cap is a soldier (though there have been continuities where he doesn't kill), he is not shown being incapable of saving large groups of people till AoU, and he thinks he is above the law because he's an Avenger I guess.

You know... you're right about that. All the "Captain America is a better Superman than Superman" articles were some circle jerk bs...

Fix the chest, neck, gloves and weird wires and its actually not terrible.

The wires light up don't they? I don't know...

Bleepey

The irony of Bleepy taking really poorly thought out pot shots at marvel while sucking the metaphorical cock of BvS never fails to exhasperate me.

My pot shots aren't poorly thought out. When you have people handwaving Zemo's omniscience, Vision shooting War Machine, Thunderbolt Ross's speech only making sense if you ignore previous films and a host of other shit meanwhile people are nit picking the movie to find plot holes for shit explained in the movie like why didn't he give the spear to Wonder Woman, they never explain why Batman and Superman fight, Lex's motivation etc

Yager

Banned
I don't even know what the hell is this community anymore. What is the core discussion? DCEU? Marvel Movies? Zack Snyder? LionPride saying how he hates things and how wrong those who think different are? Pls help.

Tabby

It's not happening... I'm fairly certain the one we see is the second one.

Why do you say that?

I thought the one we see now is the one that Barry made himself, hence the wires that you see tying the different plates together.
Set reports say that WayneTech gives him a new suit at the end of the movie.

a916

Why do you say that?

I thought the one we see now is the one that Barry made himself, hence the wires that you see tying the different plates together.

I have nothing to really go off, nothing concrete. But my assumption is that this suit is the one he get's from Bruce. We've seen Superman in the posters, he's supposed to be dead, standing alongside Flash.

I just have a hunch that people are setting themselves up for disappointment.

It's not happening... I'm fairly certain the one we see is the second one.

pretty much, if we see a better design it won't be in justice league.

i don't think its a big deal though. it aint great. but it's not horrendous like a few other costumes have been in the past. will get used to it in no time. I just hope they redesign the suit for his solo movie and JL2.

AND GIVE BATMAN BACK HIS BVS SUIT

Speaking of Batman's JL suit, looking at the toys, the tactical suit is his regular suit with extra armor. But yeah, BvS suit with some cowl adjustments would be perfect.

And the Flash suit we've seen ain't his second suit. He wears it in Suicide Squad and he has it when he meets Bruce. The question isn't whether it exists; it's whether we see it in action. Worst case it'll be like other comic movies where he's wearing it at the end but doesn't do anything in it. Think Magneto wearing some curtains he found at the end of First Class.

Busty

Banned

I also assumed that this was the case.

Who knows at this point?

hmm, as broncobuster noted that looks like he took his regular suit and strapped armor plating onto it. i like how it's a noticeable upgrade rather than being rebuilt from the ground up.

still like his other suit more but god damn does it look good on that toy. i want it, and the Hot Toys Mad Max Batman too.

bryanee

And the Flash suit we've seen ain't his second suit. He wears it in Suicide Squad and he has it when he meets Bruce. The question isn't whether it exists;

This. If you pause the JL comic con footage at 1.18 you can see part of the leg that has the same armour plates on it.

shingi70

Banned
Bleepys argument rings hollow, he tries to throw shade at Captian America for being above the law, but forgets what got Superman in the mess of BvS is literally decideding to be above the law. He interfered in a US military mission, he destroyed the sattalite that was meant to track him, and according to that montage dude keeps skirting international law. Is it in service of the great good yes, it you can say the same thing about Captian America.

shingi70

Banned
Sorry for the double post, but my rebuttal in bold.

People don't like Snyder's Superman because he shows how horrible humanity can be.

Humanity sucking has nothing to do with clark being underwhelming.

• He is blamed for collateral damage that is 99% Zod,

It it sort of his fault, and the film never actually lets him tell his side of the story, to either Bruce or the public. We as the audience knows this but no one else does.
  • He just goes out of his way to save people and it has unexpected consequences

The same thing can be said for any superhero, not just superman.
  • He saves his gf and people from a drone attack and he is framed for causing an international incident

Yes, he was framed but one can argue that he shouldn't have been in Africa in the frst place. it's a thing in comics how the Justice League tends to avoid going to certain countries due to political treaties
  • In MOS he makes himself known to the world because Zod threatened to destroy the planet and humbles himself talking to the military.

This I can agree with, I wouldn't say he humbles himself in fact hes a bit of cocky dick which I like. I guess the main argument for some is he shouldn't be forced to reveal himself but he should do it yo inspire people.
  • He tries to answer for the events in Africa and instead someone tries to kill him by bombing him. Unlike the so called better interpretation of Superman when his role in the world is questioned he doesn't think he's above the law and think the safest hands are still his own.That's something just shy of Mark Millar's "Does the A on my head stand for France" levels of hubris and arrogance.

Marvel shade much, and that's the point in a better film, the bomb would have went off after Clark had his say, so many of the movies problems come from not wanting to particularly slow down for Clark. This clark does have a moral code and is guy doing what he does for the right reasons, but the movie never lets him actually tell this to anyone. ironically in the expanded cut we see what should superman's answer through clark's adamancy to write the story on Batman. Superman/Clark Kent is at his best when he's a social crusader.
  • Throughout the film he is the only person that gives a shit about people being shanked in prison and people's civil liberties lost due to them living in fear of the Batman

Again this is great point, but even lionpride said his problem was with superman, and not clark kent.

• He tries to bring about change in public opinion by being a goddamn investigative journalist
    but in the process he doesn't even do the damn job he's being paid to do.
  • He saves the life of the guy who gagged his girlfriend, tortured and kidnapped his mother, framed him for crimes, took a dump on his reputation and created a monster to kill him,

Yeah clark is selfless,

• Didn't run from a nuclear blast so as to try to kill Doomsday.

This was the most superman moment in the film, it honestly should have been the last moment tbh.

• Was willing to admit he was wrong about his executioner in order to to try to save his mother's life
  • Plead with his executioner to try to save his mother life oh and gave up his life to save the world

This would have worked a lot better if the two had more exchnages and scenes with each other. its basically the batmobile scene, and then a fight.

But he ain't Superman cos he ain't got a cheshire grin across his face at all times[

Humanity sucking has nothing to with how badly clark is portrayed.

Who is the vilain of JL? Cant be steppenwulf I would assume, too unknown

It's Steppenwolf. The main thrust of the movie is about the Justice League, so like how The Avengers smartly reused Loki, you don't want to overshadow that. Maybe Darkseid shows up at the end but I doubt he'll be punching or getting punched.

LionPride

Banned
Someone else brought it up, but Superman/Clark really doesn't say anything in the movie. Everyone talks for him and during the senate scene, he doesn't get to say a word because they blow up the building. Not a good move.

shingi70

Banned
Someone else brought it up, but Superman/Clark really doesn't say anything in the movie. Everyone talks for him and during the senate scene, he doesn't get to say a word because they blow up the building. Not a good move.

Like I said before, it's more annoying because you could let Clark use the same arguments he use to perry, as Superman. He's just a guy from Kanas, and with that power he's here to do what's right, and he's not a god so he's bound make mistakes.

Penguin

That was clearly a product of someone up top thinking needed more Batman, it's a lot more balanced in the Ultimate Edition.

LionPride

Banned
That was clearly a product of someone up top thinking needed more Batman, it's a lot more balanced in the Ultimate Edition.
Not enough in the UC either. He says a few more things, but he still doesn't say a lot of shit. Everything is told to him or about him

Setsuna

What do you want him to do? Walk in their and start arguing with the senate?

Ashhong

Using the "that's not Flash's final costume" excuse isn't very good. All the toys and statues and shit is his "old design" so how much time could we possibly get with the new one? It's going to be The Flash suit for JL and that's what matters right now. I hope it gets upgraded mid movie but I doubt it

What do you want him to do? Walk in their and start arguing with the senate?

Snyder could have let Superman speak before blowing it up. Although, was the meeting being recorded? If so, I guess Lex wouldn't have wanted the world to hear what he has to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom