• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Truly great recent comic book shows

Arrow season 2
The Flash season 1
Gotham season 2
The Walking Dead... I wanna say season 5... whichever was with the prison and the governor
Daredevil season 1
iZombie season 1

Ashhong

It kind of bugged me the reaction to CW Superman.

Both episodes him and Supergirl spent the entire time patting each other on the back. "Look how SUPER we are!" Supes gets in J'onn's face about kryptonite even though their possession of it kept the Kryptonians from killing millions of people, if not more.

The whole time I was watching it I kept thinking "This is not Superman" and then I'm reading reactions like "WB could learn a thing or two" or "I hope Snyder is watching". I really hope he wasn't because it was a terrible interpretation of the Man of Steel.

I hated CW Superman. That dude was cheesy as fuck and not what I care to see. It's one of the reasons I feel people really have blinders on regarding DCEU. The reaction to it was alarming and I hope WB doesn't try to copy it.

And Luke Cage was the most boring Netflix Marvel show, not JJ. I couldn't even finish it.

Jessica Jones is favorite superhero tv show. Everything else felt like a slog (all the other Netflix shows), dipped in quality severely (Arrow, Flash), or is only good for youtube clips(LoT, AoS)

I need to watch Supergirl

a916

Jessica Jones is fucking good as hell. Luke Cage is good. Legends is fine this season. Arrow has been good since Season 3 really since Season 4 is just Season 2 again and 5 is legit. SHIELD is great. Tell me how it's not.

Also, Man of Steel was his first day on the job, made sense. BvS, aight you've had time to have people love you, why you fuckin round being an uncharasmatic stale ass dude

Jones was good, then got downright terrible near the middle and had a slight up tick near the end. It was never as good as it was during the initial episodes.

J_Viper

ATa30yQ.png
Ben has aged like a President
I posted this a couple pages back, but Gotham City Sirens is also likely for 2018 since it has a director, a star, and a script; plus, it has been rumored that Margot Robbie would roll into shooting Sirens this summer after she finishes I, Tonya. Shooting this summer should be enough time for it to be ready for summer 2018 release.

But Batman seems pretty unlikely to make the cut for next year, especially if Affleck's own exhaustion was a major factor in him dropping out of directing. Even if they found a replacement today and they agreed not to rewrite the script at all and the new director needed no more than a month or so to get ready, I imagine Affleck will still want to take a bit to comedown from Justice League and Live By Night and take his time in ramping back up into Batman mode. If burn out was a problem for him before, I can't imagine he'll want to jump right back into the very thing that was burning him out.

Right, right, totally forgot that Sirens is happening, despite Suicide Squad: Crazy Mel Edition being in the works

a916

I posted this a couple pages back, but Gotham City Sirens is also likely for 2018 since it has a director, a star, and a script; plus, it has been rumored that Margot Robbie would roll into shooting Sirens this summer after she finishes I, Tonya. Shooting this summer should be enough time for it to be ready for summer 2018 release.

But Batman seems pretty unlikely to make the cut for next year, especially if Affleck's own exhaustion was a major factor in him dropping out of directing. Even if they found a replacement today and they agreed not to rewrite the script at all and the new director needed no more than a month or so to get ready, I imagine Affleck will still want to take a bit to comedown from Justice League and Live By Night and take his time in ramping back up into Batman mode. If burn out was a problem for him before, I can't imagine he'll want to jump right back into the very thing that was burning him out.

If they gives us a Sirens movie before hitting us with Batman... or another Superman, or a Justice League main character... something is SERIOUSLY wrong with WB.

Bleepey

People don't like Snyder's Superman because he shows how horrible humanity can be.
  • He is blamed for collateral damage that is 99% Zod,
  • He just goes out of his way to save people and it has unexpected consequences
  • He saves his gf and people from a drone attack and he is framed for causing an international incident
  • In MOS he makes himself known to the world because Zod threatened to destroy the planet and humbles himself talking to the military.
  • He tries to answer for the events in Africa and instead someone tries to kill him by bombing him. Unlike the so called better interpretation of Superman when his role in the world is questioned he doesn't think he's above the law and think the safest hands are still his own.That's something just shy of Mark Millar's "Does the A on my head stand for France" levels of hubris and arrogance.
  • Throughout the film he is the only person that gives a shit about people being shanked in prison and people's civil liberties lost due to them living in fear of the Batman
  • He tries to bring about change in public opinion by being a goddamn investigative journalist
  • He saves the life of the guy who gagged his girlfriend, tortured and kidnapped his mother, framed him for crimes, took a dump on his reputation and created a monster to kill him,
  • Didn't run from a nuclear blast so as to try to kill Doomsday.
  • Was willing to admit he was wrong about his executioner in order to to try to save his mother's life
  • Plead with his executioner to try to save his mother life oh and gave up his life to save the world

But he ain't Superman cos he ain't got a cheshire grin across his face at all times[

Ninjimbo

People don't like Snyder's Superman because he shows how horrible humanity can be.
  • He saves his gf and people from a drone attack and he is framed for causing an international incident
  • In MOS he makes himself known to the world because Zod threatened to destroy the planet and humbles himself talking to the military.
  • He tries to answer for the events in Africa and instead someone tries to kill him by bombing him. Unlike the so called better interpretation of Superman when his role in the world is questioned he doesn't think he's above the law and think the safest hands are still his own.That's something just shy of Mark Millar's "Does the A on my head stand for France" levels of hubris and arrogance.
  • Throughout the film he is the only person that gives a shit about people being shanked in prison and people's civil liberties lost due to them living in fear of the Batman
  • He tries to bring about change in public opinion by being a goddamn investigative journalist
  • He saves the life of the guy who gagged his girlfriend, tortured and kidnapped his mother, framed him for crimes, took a dump on his reputation and created a monster to kill him,
  • Was willing to admit he was wrong about his executioner in order to to try to save his mother's life
  • Plead with his executioner to try to save his mother life oh and gave up his life to save the world

But he ain't Superman cos he ain't got a cheshire grin across his face at all times[
This is well put. Goes to remind you how much of a good person Clark is in these movies. But it's all ignored because his existence is made responsible for the deaths of thousands.

a916

dhMeAzK.gif

Tabby

Well said.

IconGrist

I came so close to applauding this but you just had to throw shade at Marvel, lol. It's like you can't resist. But other than that I agree.

This is a good post. People want surface level mimicry of what they imagine Superman to be that forget it's about the actions.

jombag

Good post. Now do Batman

"Bleepey was right"

Blader

If they gives us a Sirens movie before hitting us with Batman... or another Superman, or a Justice League main character... something is SERIOUSLY wrong with WB.

It outgrossed Man of Steel and came within 100m of BvS, with better legs and no China showings. From a business perspective, Sirens and SS2 make more sense as next steps than Aquaman or a second Superman. Having said that...

So Justin Kroll said on Twitter yesterday that GCS
"is not happening for a long time"

NEVER MIND THEN.

I think some of you guys need to get a grip with this "BvS showed some ugly truths about humanity, it was too real for the plebs" nonsense. My dislike of Snyder's depiction of Superman has zero to do with what I think of the human condition. :lol

LionPride

Banned
I think some of you guys need to get a grip with this "BvS showed some ugly truths about humanity, it was too real for the plebs" nonsense. My dislike of Snyder's depiction of Superman has zero to do with what I think of the human condition. :lol
I swear...

Jones was good, then got downright terrible near the middle and had a slight up tick near the end. It was never as good as it was during the initial episodes.
I can concede this, it's still the best MCU Netflix show though. By far.
Jessica Jones is favorite superhero tv show. Everything else felt like a slog (all the other Netflix shows), dipped in quality severely (Arrow, Flash), or is only good for youtube clips(LoT, AoS)

I need to watch Supergirl
Supergirl was my second favorite Arrowverse show this season behind Arrow, then the crossover happened and it has quickly fallen behind to last place with Flash slightly ahead of it.

SHIELD is just the best though, like seriously. Just great advancement by all the characters seeing them grow and become amazing, and the fact most of the actors have to play multiple versions of themselves with variations and they pull it off is great

Azazzel

Not to mention, doesn't matter how awful humanity is portrayed in this films, that doesn't automatically makes Snyder's Superman a great character. I mean, those things aren't exactly mutually exclusive.

IconGrist

I'd love to hear some elaboration on this. Every time I hear this as a counterpoint its either just left as "That's not it" or I get some dance around the bush answer that says "Superman should not be affected by the world around him".

This is a greatass post.

And it's not Marvel shade, y'all, the A on his head thing is a good point of comparison that isn't even from the movies.

edit: And if none of this addresses your issues with Snyder's supes, I have to wonder what exactly those issues are, because this is a pretty damn solid list of Superman ass shit he's done.

IconGrist

This is a greatass post.

And it's not Marvel shade, y'all, the A on his head thing is a good point of comparison that isn't even from the movies.

"The so called better interpretation..." bit is what I was referring too. Cap was often described as the better interpretation of Superman. I saw it quite often in the Civil War threads. It's also something I've seen Bleepey comment on before.

Bleepey

I came so close to applauding this but you just had to throw shade at Marvel, lol. It's like you can't resist. But other than that I agree.

I can't help myself ;) I just find it weird that people like MovieBob and others say shit like Captain America is a better depiction of Superman than Superman purely cos he thinks he is right, consequences be damned. Superman in the Snyder films is far more humble whether it is allowing himself to be handcuffed by the military or trying to explain himself at Senate hearings. meanwhile Cap says I don't even care how the rules will be enforced, I'm Captain fucking America, I know better than you.

Ashhong

It's a fucking sickness

That entire post about Superman and this is all you keep harping on about over and over.

Can you get the fuck over it? He's unhappy with how a movie/universe that he enjoys is being criticized, and is choosing to vent his frustration. It's not a fucking sickness, it's just jealousy

"The so called better interpretation..." bit is what I was referring too. Cap was often described as the better interpretation of Superman. I saw it quite often in the Civil War threads. It's also something I've seen Bleepey comment on before.

I can see the relation obviously but it's so hard to compare because they were both accepted and treated so differently in their respective movies. Cap was never seen as a villain or looked down upon until CW, and even then it's only a select few. From all the DCAU stuff I've seen (my only source for DC knowledge) I can only remember 1 instance where Supes thinks he's better than the law, and that was in an alternate universe IIRC. Cap in the MCU isn't anything like the Superman that I know.

-------

I do disagree about this whole "people don't like how humanity is shown" thing though. Aint nobody going to a DC movie and thinking that deeply about it.

LionPride

Banned
That entire post about Superman and this is all you keep harping on about over and over.

Can you get the fuck over it? He's unhappy with how a movie/universe that he enjoys is being criticized, and is choosing to vent his frustration. It's not a fucking sickness, it's just jealousy
It's petty ass bullshit that is fucking absurd. Like can't make one fucking goddamn post without saying something about Marvel. ONE FUCKING POST. It's fucking absurd and needs to stop for anyone to take Bleepy's posts seriously.

It's petty ass bullshit that is fucking absurd. Like can't make one fucking goddamn post without saying something about Marvel. ONE FUCKING POST. It's fucking absurd and needs to stop for anyone to take Bleepy's posts seriously.

It's almost like your need to tell everyone everything you hate all the time..

a916

Are you referring to the last line? Because that's not a shot at Marvel... because a lot of the reviews were saying that.

EDIT: Oh wait the "A" line

They told me you'd race behind... stumble.... fall... but in time, you will join Kal in the sun.

Problem with snyders superman is that he just seems off. Like he doesnt want to be there at ALL. MoS supes>> BvS supes Imo.

JJ and LC are ass tier, flash is fucking formulaic as shit, but arrow is great this season. AoS is about to be cancelled so who cares.

a916

I can concede this, it's still the best MCU Netflix show though. By far.

What did you think about DD season one? I absolutely loved it more than the other Marvel shows. But not necessarily because of DD but because of Wilson Fisk. Really enjoyed his portrayal.

It outgrossed Man of Steel and came within 100m of BvS, with better legs and no China showings. From a business perspective, Sirens and SS2 make more sense as next steps than Aquaman or a second Superman. Having said that..

How much of that has to do with MOS dropping in the middle of no where and SS being the third movie of this DCEU? Am I wrong in believing that Superman, if marketed properly and the character nurtured, can be a bigger ace than Harley Quinn? Or is this just the times we live in where Joker/Harley trump Superman?

LionPride

Banned
What did you think about DD season one? I absolutely loved it more than the other Marvel shows. But not necessarily because of DD but because of Wilson Fisk. Really enjoyed his portrayal.
I enjoy it, but JJ is the best. Just loved it all. It had the problem they all have had if being way too long tho.

Ashhong

I think you have a problem as well if you can't just ignore it and look past one little sentence in a larger post. You need to learn to live with it, just as we all have learned to deal with your negativity in here (no offense intended) :)

LionPride

Banned
I think you have a problem as well if you can't just ignore it and look past one little sentence in a larger post. You need to learn to live with it, just as we all have learned to deal with your negativity in here (no offense intended) :)
The main reason I got in this thread was because of Bleepy doing that dumb shit. I'm negative because I genuinely do not enjoy or like BvS and SS. Because I actually enjoy talking about them with yall some days (despite the fact some of yall lookin for shit that ain't there, it ain't that deep fam)but Bleepy pisses me off with that shit. Needs to hop the fuck off and have a damn discussion without invoking Marvel. I ain't gotta learn to live with petty ass bullshit when a much better solution for discussion as a whole is to just stop

Ashhong

The main reason I got in this thread was because of Bleepy doing that dumb shit. I'm negative because I genuinely do not enjoy or like BvS and SS. Because I actually enjoy talking about them with yall some days (despite the fact some of yall lookin for shit that ain't there, it ain't that deep fam)but Bleepy pisses me off with that shit. Needs to hop the fuck off and have a damn discussion without invoking Marvel. I ain't gotta learn to live with petty ass bullshit when a much better solution for discussion as a whole is to just stop

I know it was, and then you stuck around shitting on the movies and our "persecution complex" every chance you could get. I'm not saying there wasn't some constructive discussions that were had, but it is what it is. My point is, just as you are entitled to say whatever the fuck you want, so is he. If he strongly believes in whatever he's saying, he is allowed to. I think just the other day you said "I don't need to step back on something I believe in" or something along those lines.

LionPride

Banned
I know it was, and then you stuck around shitting on the movies and our "persecution complex" every chance you could get. I'm not saying there wasn't some constructive discussions that were had, but it is what it is. My point is, just as you are entitled to say whatever the fuck you want, so is he. If he strongly believes in whatever he's saying, he is allowed to.
It's dumb as hell.

You followed him here, that's on you. You knew what you were getting yourself into when you ventured into the thread. If it's that much of a problem, there is an ignore function for a reason.

LionPride

Banned
You followed him here, that's on you. You knew what you were getting yourself into when you ventured into the thread. If it's that much of a problem, there is an ignore function for a reason.
Screw the ignore function, because if I used it I would not see a shit ton of posts from so many people. Why not just enjoy discussion? 😊

LionPride

Banned
You are the only fucking one taking it away from the discussion. Nobody else cares nearly as much as you do
I care because what's the point? Why do it during every fucking post you make? Plus his points about Superman were shit anyway if you wanna be on discussion

And you all encourage the behavior by not calling him out on it constantly, he just keeps doing it

You clearly have an issue with Bleepey to the point of following him here, but you guys could just have settled it through some private messaging I think.

Yup. Should've been settled in a PM or in the OT thread that sparked the response. Instead, he had to follow him in here to jump him about bringing up Marvel. Instead we now have to deal with the constant bitching about it.

LionPride

Banned
Yup. Should've been settled in a PM or in the OT thread that sparked the response. Instead, he had to follow him in here to jump him about bringing up Marvel. Instead we now have to deal with the constant bitching about it.
I did bring it up in the thread, no response. Therefore I came here because I seriously doubted he would answer a PM and he didn't respond for pages when I asked in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom