• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Because you questioned my usage of stepping in, something I did when that intellectually vacant comparison was brought up

Intellectually vacant is a very apt description of any argument I see you involved in these days. Just saying. If it seems like I'm poking you a lot lately, it's because I'm giving you the not so subtle hint to shape up because we've noticed you making a lot of bad posts and getting into annoying insufferable arguments. Don't be such a dick to your fellow users, don't be so annoying, tone down your rhetoric. No one likes a shit stirrer.

LionPride

Banned
Intellectually vacant is a very apt description of any argument I see you involved in these days. Just saying. If it seems like I'm poking you a lot lately, it's because I'm giving you the not so subtle hint to shape up because we've noticed you making a lot of bad posts and getting into annoying insufferable arguments. Don't be such a dick to your fellow users, don't be so annoying, tone down your rhetoric. No one likes a shit stirrer.
Kk

IconGrist

Because you questioned my usage of stepping in, something I did when that intellectually vacant comparison was brought up

We were talking about you "stepping in" when someone is expressing how they feel about a movie and how you have to set them straight. A random analogy you called out earlier has little to do with that conversation and you know it. Don't try to elevate your discussion point by merging two different subjects.

I will end that conversation here.

jackdoe

haha, I didn't care for the academy award winning film Suicide Squad at all but the salt from the award is hilarious.

Also always going to preface the movie with academy award winning film.
Definitely. Suicide Squad is an absolutely, terrible movie (probably one of the worst, if not the worst movies I've had the misfortune of watching in the past five years) with no redeeming qualities IMO, but it is hilarious that if WB wanted to, they could put "Academy Award Winner" on the Blu-Ray package. I kinda wish that they do moving forward.

giphy.gif

LionPride

Banned
Nigga I don't act like I am. News flash for you, you ain't that important either fam. I have many many many times said you can feel however you feel about these joints, but sometimes some of yall look a bit too deep into something not there. So I step in when some wild n out shit is said.
What I said, specifically when wild n out shit is said. I meant in this entire fucking thread my guy, that shit fit under Wild n Out
We were talking about you "stepping in" when someone is expressing how they feel about a movie and how you have to set them straight. A random analogy you called out earlier has little to do with that conversation and you know it. Don't try to elevate your discussion point by merging two different subjects.

I will end that conversation here.

what's the word on when the trailer will drop? I would think Logan or WW. Seems weird we haven't even gotten trailer one yet.

I don't count the SDCC footage as a trailer, or even a teaser really.

jackdoe

I hope they save it until WW comes out. Its the Princess that needs pushing right now.
That's an odd way of seeing things, since trailers are uploaded to the internet instantly and the movie that it's "attached to" means pretty much nothing. The last time I remember people paying money to see a movie trailer was for The Phantom Menace.

-edit-
Oops, completely misread your post. Disregard this completely.

If you look at how Warner Bros handles a number of their big movies, marketing starts almost a year out or more. So it is a little odd they've waited this long to officially release something for Justice League.

I guess I should clarify by stating stuff that is released in theaters.

Theaters are important, but I think that importance has gone down in recent years. A good trailer gets a shot ton of views online. Studios likely love it since it gives them pretty quick metrics.

If nothing else, I expect them to hype the release for the trailer fairly far ahead of time. I doubt it'll just be randomly dropped attached to a film, no matter how big the film may be (like Kong).

That said, I'd love another theater event like for Bad, though after the leak I doubt they want to do it again hahaha

I remember walking out of moonlight last october hoping trevante rhodes would one day blow up

Never did I expect that so soon he'd get a part in predator AND possibly play John Stewart God damn that's awesome

Also if we don't get a JL trailer in front of kong and get new wonder woman clip instead then fuck this earth. The streets is fiending for that aquaman footage. And some new batman and flash combat

Ninjimbo

Trevante Rhodes would be pretty cool for GL. I liked his part in Moonlight even though it was brief. He really sold the broken aspect of the character with very few words. He was also in excellent shape. I want abs like that.

Ashhong

Hot damn the drama in the last few pages was better than any movie in the DCEU

And I just rewatched that JL trailer, hype is rising againnn

Thanks Duckroll ;) Your help is much appreciated.

I also watched the initial footage and yeah, that was rough, we need that new Terrence Malick inspired trailer like MOS

Trailer #2

or

a balls to the wall seven samurai trailer of almost five minutes of footage:

Trailer

Or more like BvS

Teaser

I'm looking forward to it.

Sambrez_

I don't think the trailer will drop magically out of nowhere.
It's gonna be teased, with website clues, etc. like they did for MoS and maybe BvS, I can't remember. They're gonna bring the hype and tease the trailer. It's their most important movie in this DC universe.

I think winning an Oscar really cheered David Ayer up, he was looking sad for a bit there -- apologizing for the movie on twitter unnecessarily and whatnot.

Just be yourself, David ;)

Also get more than 6 weeks to write a script and also get a better action director for the 2nd unit.

Ross61

I think winning an Oscar really cheered David Ayer up, he was looking sad for a bit there -- apologizing for the movie on twitter unnecessarily and whatnot.

Just be yourself, David ;)

Also get more than 6 weeks to write a script and also get a better action director for the 2nd unit.
He's not the one writing the script. Probably do some rewriting if he sees fit.

Ninjimbo

You know, I'm willing to forgive Ayer on the action scenes in SS seeing as how he didn't get to edit the version we saw in theaters. The guy who was mostly responsible probably didn't have a clear vision of what should have been shown and fucked it up.

I'm hoping the Black Mask speculation is true. The characters seems up Ayer's alley.

I'm of two minds. Ayer played the soldier for Warners and didn't deflect as is expected. But it would've been nice if he fought to get something resembling the original vision out there.

And hypothetically a Black Mask villain going against Selina, who somehow ropes Ivy and Harley into it, is a simple plot to roll with. Maybe she steals something from him as what kicks off the events.

Setsuna

I'm of two minds. Ayer played the soldier for Warners and didn't deflect as is expected. But it would've been nice if he fought to get something resembling the original vision out there.

And hypothetically a Black Mask villain going against Selina, who somehow ropes Ivy and Harley into it, is a simple plot to roll with. Maybe she steals something from him as what kicks off the events.

This is his vision

I kinda want it to be a heist movie. Have the theft as the payoff, not the premise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom