• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Cool, hope they go even further and just delete him all together.

Ryan Gosling Joker NOW!

a916

It's crazy how quickly he can clean himself up

ppTime9.jpg

Well to be fair, I don't think he can stroll out of bed and walk into the Oscars... so that has to do with it too

So current count, DC 5
Marvel, 1?

And it's petty.. but hey I had to sit around while this forum went through moS discussions every week for 3 years... I'll take glee in some pettiness

There's pettyness from both sides... I don't blame some of the DC fans because the salt is unreal lol.

Even though it would be petty and childish, sure why not. It'd actually be funny

and you would know from petty and childish.

Well to be fair, I don't think he can stroll out of bed and walk into the Oscars... so that has to do with it too

There's pettyness from both sides... I don't blame some of the DC fans because the salt is unreal lol.

that's like saying Democrats and Republicans are currently the same.

LionPride

Banned

You say that like I don't know that I'm petty as fuck. Something I readily admit about myself. I'm Petty fucking Murphy, Petty Pendergrass

Also you right, there isn't pettiness from both sides...

a916

Cool, hope they go even further and just delete him all together.

Ryan Gosling Joker NOW!

They'll do that... if you promise to come back and score the JL movie alongside the Aquaman movie and Green Lantern.

Have you been to a DC thread? lol... it's a cess pool... deserved or not. DCEU has taken more Ls than Meek Mill, and the one time they get some recognition it's met with derision? Please...

J_Viper

Slight update from Mellow Mel regarding SS2
I don't know. I just met some guys about story points. It's not a done deal or anything. But it's just fun to shoot the bull when it comes to stories. And if we can elevate any kind of concept it's good. We'll see.
Link

Hope he gets on board.

With The Batman, Nightwing, SS2, and Sirens on the horizon, it looks like a shift from DCEU to the Batman Cinematic Universe is on the horizon. Wonder if that has anything to do with the quality of JL...

They'll do that... if you promise to come back and score the JL movie alongside the Aquaman movie and Green Lantern.

Have you been to a DC thread? lol... it's a cess pool... deserved or not. DCEU has taken more Ls than Meek Mill, and the one time they get some recognition it's met with derision? Please...

and pretty much all of the derision comes from one side is my point. have you not seen how Republicans have acted the last ten years? Lol.

a916

Link

Hope he gets on board.

With The Batman, Nightwing, SS2, and Sirens on the horizon, it looks like a shift from DCEU to the Batman Cinematic Universe is on the horizon. Wonder if that has anything to do with the quality of JL...

He's definitely had a change of attitude concerning comic book movies.

Boke1879

The thing with SS. Is that while yes it's a comic book. People aren't as familiar with a lot of the characters so you can kinda push the envelope with those movies. A lot of the content is pretty mature.

At to what someone said earlier. yes it looks like they are going to a more Batman centered universe. I don't think it speaks to the quality of JL. I just think it makes sense and is something they should have done from the beginning. It also has the potential to make money and give them critical hits so to speak.

Mel's comments on comic movies make sense, especially following how violence and heroism is treated in Hacksaw Ridge. And I think the distinctions made in that movie of good and bad, righteous and order, wrong and malicious, fit with Suicide Squad, in theory. But one of many failings of Suicide Squad was failing to do that. And as much as I don't care for Mel as a person, there's a sense of irony when the mantra of Suicide Squad is bad people doing good things. Although I'm still conflicted about whether I'd want him on it.

Are we comparing reactions to fucking comic book movies to Republicans vs Democrats?

Get a fucking grip on reality

how about you get a damn grip. it's called an analogy.
all you've done since day one of you coming into this thread is tone police people, tell everybody what they should and shouldn't like, shit on everybody's opinions and analysis of the movies and are a constant pain in the butt. you came in here because you had an issue with Bleepey. you didn't settle it so now you hang around like bad news. you're obnoxious and rude. get over yourself. you're going on ignore too I don't much care what you have to say.

all you've done since day one of you coming into this thread is tone police people, tell everybody what they should and shouldn't like, shit on everybody's opinions and analysis of the movies and are a constant pain in the butt. you came in here because you had an issue with Bleepey. you didn't settle it so now you hang around like bad news. you're obnoxious and rude. get over yourself. you're going on ignore too I don't much care what you have to say.

Honestly, I kinda agree with this mostly and I don't give shit anymore.

LionPride

Banned
Okay bye. You made a fucking dumb analogy, like insanely stupid about fanboys of two companies making comic book movies. Disregarded the amount of pettiness that some of you spout in regards to those "opposing" movies, and again just made a stupid analogy.

You can't act like I don't have reasonable discussion in this thread, I have since day one. With anyone. You just want it to be a circlejerk of DCEU fans? That's it? Not have someone who honestly wants these movies to succeed and is slightly upset that these movies are currently 1/3, looking like 1/5?

Shit ain't that fucking serious, but whatever.

LionPride

Banned
It's how you can tell privilege. Think people dying because of pettiness is a game comparable to a comic feud that doesn't even matter to anyone with sense
Shit is bananas, like it ain't that deep fam. Never has been, never will be. Some people in here need to hop off that all in for the team shit. People liking your movie or not shouldn't validate you, it shouldn't affect you that people do or do not like "your" movies or another companies. This ain't sport fandom, this is blind fandom about comic book movies. Shit. Ain't. Serious.

WhiteWolf

Link

Hope he gets on board.

I'm really hoping he signs on too. He would probably keep the budget in check along with making sure the scope of the film stays small and grounded, perfect for Suicide Squad (which is what I thought I was getting after seeing the Comic Con trailer for the first one).

IconGrist

Shit is bananas, like it ain't that deep fam. Never has been, never will be. Some people in here need to hop off that all in for the team shit. People liking your movie or not shouldn't validate you, it shouldn't affect you that people do or do not like "your" movies or another companies. This ain't sport fandom, this is blind fandom about comic book movies. Shit. Ain't. Serious.

It's serious enough for you that every time someone tries to explain why one of these movies made them feel whatever way you need to point out how it ain't that serious. Like it's hard for you to just let someone say some shit about something they like. Who are you to judge how other people feel about something? I have a news flash for you, you ain't that important.

LionPride

Banned
It's serious enough for you that every time someone tries to explain why one of these movies made them feel whatever way you need to point out how it ain't that serious. Like it's hard for you to just let someone say some shit about something they like. Who are you to judge how other people feel about something? I have a news flash for you, you ain't that important.
Nigga I don't act like I am. News flash for you, you ain't that important either fam. I have many many many times said you can feel however you feel about these joints, but sometimes some of yall look a bit too deep into something not there. So I step in when some wild n out shit is said.

something something salt meme 4 page ot about award "WE WON" firework emoji something

At the very least you'd think we could get an apology for the comparison, but nah. They're worried about if any of their films will ever be good again, AND comparing it to my being worried about if my friend will be allowed to pee in public restrooms in her state without getting beat up again. Stay Classy

LionPride

Banned
something something salt meme 4 page ot about award "WE WON" firework emoji something

At the very least you'd think we could get an apology for the comparison, but nah. They're worried about if any of their films will ever be good again, AND comparing it to my being worried about if my friend will be allowed to pee in public restrooms in her state without getting beat up again. Stay Classy
Fucking wild.

J_Viper

You guys need to give LionPride a break. Yeah he's a grouch, but he's harming no one.

Apparently Trevante Rhodes hinted that he may be up for the role of John Stewart: https://twitter.com/joshuahorowitz/status/836329140823322627

Also David Ayer tweeted a picture of Black Mask, may be hinting towards GCS villian: https://twitter.com/davidayermovies/status/836361383436431360

Funny, "He'd make a great John Stewart" came to mind when I was watching Moonlight.

My pick for Black Mask is still Frank Grillo. Marvel really did him dirty.

LionPride

Banned
You guys need to give LionPride a break. Yeah he's a grouch, but he's harming no one.

Funny, "He'd make a great John Stewart" came to mind when I was watching Moonlight.

My pick for Black Mask is still Frank Grillo. Marvel really did him dirty.
Know what, I'll take it. I'm a petty ass grouch who frequently argues with people in this thread, but have I actually done anything harmful?

I don't want Grillo as Sionis, I can't see it.

His issue was more about the amount of money pumped into them vs. stories of real heroes who are left in the independent pool where there is no money to really tell their stories.

a916

His issue was more about the amount of money pumped into them vs. stories of real heroes who are left in the independent pool where there is no money to really tell their stories.

Real heroes like war veterans... or "real heroes" like super heroes not named Superman?

I look forward to joining Wonder woman in the sun, the next film in the academy award winner cinematic universe, DCEU.

😂😂😂😂😂

IconGrist

Nigga I don't act like I am. News flash for you, you ain't that important either fam. I have many many many times said you can feel however you feel about these joints, but sometimes some of yall look a bit too deep into something not there. So I step in when some wild n out shit is said.

You step in? Sounds like something someone who thinks he's important would say. If they are seeing shit that's not there, let them. What difference does it make to you?

bryanee

You step in? Sounds like something someone who thinks he's important would say. If they are seeing shit that's not there, let them. What difference does it make to you?

He's gotta be right and tell people they're wrong. He does that a lot. God forbid some one find something in a movie that others dont.

They're worried about if any of their films will ever be good again, AND comparing it to my being worried about if my friend will be allowed to pee in public restrooms in her state without getting beat up again.

Clipped it down to my relevant point. Making such a comparison is legit harmful. NOT stepping in and saying something is silence, which is akin to condoning and supporting it and also vocally expresses that it's okay. Yall can't let tomfoolery like that slide and think nobody's affected by it

LionPride

Banned
He's gotta be right and tell people they're wrong. He does that a lot. God forbid some one find something in a movie that others dont.
I can have an opinion that they are wrong or looking for something that isn't there

*shrug* sorry I don't act like Batman vs Superman is the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel

IconGrist

Clipped it down to my relevant point. Making such a comparison is legit harmful. NOT stepping in and saying something is silence, which is akin to condoning and supporting it and also vocally expresses that it's okay. Yall can't let tomfoolery like that slide and think nobody's affected by it

Did you just equate how someone feels about a movie to transgender bathroom rights?

haha, I didn't care for the academy award winning film Suicide Squad at all but the salt from the award is hilarious.

Also always going to preface the movie with academy award winning film.

guek

Banned
Nigga I don't act like I am.
No, you really do. All the time. It's obnoxious as fuck. Everything else you say would be tolerable if you weren't so high on yourself. Even the post I quoted from where you're trying to say you're not high on yourself comes off self absorbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom