• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
yu6K9wr.gif

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Wow that looks awesome. Auquaman is what I'm looking forward to most in JL and this just amplified my excitement. Looks better than I expected.

Ninjimbo

Gal is a sweetheart. I'm rooting so hard for her movie to be a smash hit since people like her and Zack care so damn much about doing it right.

Snyder was working on his birthday.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, you finally get some news/footage and it dies in here. You nerds.

Vyer

I always felt one of the biggest problems with an Aquaman movie is how everything looks in movement underwater. Like the cameo in BvS looked too 'realistic'...IOW I don't think you can do an action movie like that and make it look like a real human swimming. footage of humans moving underwater is generally too sluggish and deliberate. That's what they did in BvS and I don't think it translates well.

So I really like that little teaser, because it looks much more fluid and exaggerated and I like that. Everything underwater has to find a balance between smooth, quick action and still actually looking like, you know, it's under water. That clip gives me hope they may have found that balance.

I think unless they come up with some Superman "gravity shield" bullshit, Aquaman flying underwater will look silly imo.

I think it will look fine. Just make him shoot through the water like a torpedo. It's the slower shots that will be harder, but the footage looks like they're handling that well.

Ninjimbo

When the news dropped, I remember people making a big deal about BvS UC being rated R. There was a backlash from those people that in no way should a movie starring Superman be rated R and I found that kind of weird. Aren't there plenty of violent and grim Superman stories? I always thought comics were written more for an adult crowd so why would some be against a Rated R Superman movie?

Anyways, it got me thinking about WB and if we'll ever see another Rated R capeflick from them. I know Deadpool was a success and Logan is being received well, so there's incentive. But what properties could benefit from a R tag? Is it even smart to go for a film with an R rating?

J_Viper

Seeing a Disney movie with a rotten RT average is so strange. This looked quite terrible though.

If Kong ends up with a higher average I'm gonna laugh.

EDIT: whoops wrong thread lol, how do I delete....

Ninjimbo

BnB never looked like it would be anything other than mediocre. Regardless of the quality, it's going to make bank so Disney probably isn't worrying. Part of me hates that Disney is pandering so much to nostalgia these days with these live action remakes because they're capable of so much more. It sucks to see them tread the same ground.

BnB never looked like it would be anything other than mediocre. Regardless of the quality, it's going to make bank so Disney probably isn't worrying. Part of me hates that Disney is pandering so much to nostalgia these days with these live action remakes because they're capable of so much more. It sucks to see them tread the same ground.

I want B&B and Lion King to succeed so that I can have my Aladdin live action. And then, when Disney is ashes, they have my permission to stop.

a916

The pandering they are doing to the OT is the one that makes me sick... like screw off with the OT already. I don't need to see THIS MUCH Han Solo

firelogic

When the news dropped, I remember people making a big deal about BvS UC being rated R. There was a backlash from those people that in no way should a movie starring Superman be rated R and I found that kind of weird. Aren't there plenty of violent and grim Superman stories? I always thought comics were written more for an adult crowd so why would some be against a Rated R Superman movie?

Anyways, it got me thinking about WB and if we'll ever see another Rated R capeflick from them. I know Deadpool was a success and Logan is being received well, so there's incentive. But what properties could benefit from a R tag? Is it even smart to go for a film with an R rating?

An rated R Batman movie would be great. Not R for nudity or language but for the grim dark tone and brutal violence. Again, I don't mean show arms and legs being torn off. I think a movie that takes place before BvS when Batman was on his last case and ultimately makes him hang up the cowl is when he was at his most brutal and deranged. When he was beating up criminals to a bloody pulp, breaking limbs, and wrestling with what he's doing and what he used to stand for and how nothing he's done has amounted to anything.

Edit: Of course this would never happen in our lifetime because the DC movies are already being raked over the coals as it is. They aren't going to go even darker with an R-rated Batman which is a terrible shame. They should have the balls to make an R Batman movie along with PG13 ones and the people should be fine with that. You don't even need a huge budget for an R Batman so the risk isn't even that great, especially in a world where Deadpool and Logan exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom