• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

I cry super easily in general, no shame. I'm an empathetic person, what can I say? Tears come out during the last Speed Racer race. I'm sure I'll cry when Prof X dies (no spoilers, I just assume that's what happens)

IconGrist

Nah, his return will illicit "fuck yeah", his reunion with Lois will bring us to tears.

I cry almost every time Amy Adams starts to cry in any movie she's in so if she cries when reuniting with Clark (which is guaranteed) I will be crying. Amy Adams has the most heartbreaking cry face of any actress according to my experience with actresses crying on film. I nearly lost it when she realized Superman died and her facial expression changed. It still chokes me up a bit.

Ninjimbo

Cried during the funeral scene in BvS and Supes' death. No regrets.

Some of the weirdest shit gets to me in movies. I won't cry during Schindler's List but I'll get emotional and teary-eyed during the final race in Speed Racer. First time I ever cried while watching something was during the episode of Sailor Moon where Tuxedo Mask breaks up with Usagi. I remember how she was ballin her eyes out in a phone booth and I was right there with her, haha. Sailor Moon was dope.

Bleepey

I was rewatching these youtube videos of Superman 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiGZXhs9V9s

Watching this I am reminded why I think I am right and a lot of people are well at best treating Snyder unfairly and at worst are idiots. You see Superman punching Zod threw buildings and yeah he does save a mother and her child it's only after he punches not Zod through the antenna. He is given the opportunity to save people with a grin on his face whilst the Kryptonians give him the chance to. That and every one is cheering him on like thanks Superman, whilst in MOS people are quite rightly shitting themselves. Also MOS was disgusting with the product placement unlike Superman 2 which for some reason gives me the urge to smoke a couple cigarettes and drink a coke.

IconGrist

The only product placement that annoyed me in MoS was the Nokia stuff because it was very in your face. The rest was just regular shit you see on a day to day basis. The main street I live on has a 7/11, Sears and an IHOP on it so that Smallville fight might as well have taken place half a mile from where I live.

firelogic

None of it bothered me because all that stuff is supposed to be happening in our world. It would have been more bothersome if they used fake brand names because you'd be thinking, that looks like a Coke but it's called FizzyPop. I don't get the annoyance with product placement in movies. Just look around your room and you'll see 10 different brand name products.

The Nokia stuff did bug me. Same with the Windows Phones and Surfaces in Quantum Break. Granted it's a Microsoft game, but my God you will never see that many in the real world hahaha
I had a windows phone...

Ashhong

I actually don't remember the Nokia stuff off of the top of my head. The big buildings didn't bother me at all except for the fact that they didn't take any damage iirc

I actually don't remember the Nokia stuff off of the top of my head. The big buildings didn't bother me at all except for the fact that they didn't take any damage iirc

When Zod's message start with the static, there is like a 5 second hanging shot on Jenny's phone playing it.

J_Viper

I wonder how WB reacts to Logan's success, knowing how reactionary they can be.

Maybe they'll learn to leave their directors alone

I'd also like to point out that, even as dark and bloody and serious as Logan was, there was still plenty of humor, and it all landed.

It can be done folks.

When Zod's message start with the static, there is like a 5 second hanging shot on Jenny's phone playing it.

Man, that "You Are Not Alone" vlog scene is the dumbest shit I've ever seen on film.

It's one of those scenes that makes me question how anyone can like MoS and not BvS. There's nothing in the latter that comes close to the former's worst moments.

Matt Reeves and James Mangold are friends, and Reeves is already playing Warners, so maybe he can carry the fire. Who knows if Affleck is willing to take a cut to make a less commercial movie (it's not about the R-rating) like Jackman did. Hoping for the best.

Matt Reeves and James Mangold are friends, and Reeves is already playing Warners, so maybe he can carry the fire. Who knows if Affleck is willing to take a cut to make a less commercial movie (it's not about the R-rating) like Jackman did. Hoping for the best.

that would be nice. hopefully logan inspires Reeves to go to WB and be like "I want none of that suicide squad trash touching my gotham city, let me work"

Ross61

that would be nice. hopefully logan inspires Reeves to go to WB and be like "I want none of that suicide squad trash touching my gotham city, let me work"

"Matt Reeves exits The Batman"

Someday we're gonna talk about how Suicide Squad was only gonna be a marginally better film if WB didn't touch it.

Ashhong

Logan sucks.

It's so good it's bad.

And people said BvS was draining/grimdark.

Fuck everything.

Huh?

And yes they are both a bit draining and grim, but man Logan was so much more gripping. While I loved BvS, the characters just weren't nearly as fun to watch as Logan. Neither of the titular heroes are as likeable as anyone in Logan, which makes all the difference

IconGrist

Huh?

And yes they are both a bit draining and grim, but man Logan was so much more gripping. While I loved BvS, the characters just weren't nearly as fun to watch as Logan. Neither of the titular heroes are as likeable as anyone in Logan, which makes all the difference

He's saying he loved it.

Seeing a Disney movie with a rotten RT average is so strange. This looked quite terrible though.

If Kong ends up with a higher average I'm gonna laugh.

EDIT: whoops wrong thread lol, how do I delete....

Disney pays for the critics, Warner pays for the oscars
troll.png

Bleepey

Remember how everyone said just give it to Bruce Timm and keep Snyder away from the DCEU?

Held by many fans as the benchmark for how the iconic hero should be portrayed when making the leap from comics to other media, it might be a bit of a surprise learn that one of the creators of ”Superman: The Animated Series" once planned a story which held something in common with director Zack Snyder‘s less revered ”Man of Steel."

In an interview with CBR News about ”Justice League: Gods and Monsters," ”Superman : TAS" executive producer Bruce Timm explained how the controversial actions Kal-El took in order to defeat Zod in ”Man of Steel" actually mirrored his original plans for the animated ”Superman: Doomsday" film.

”A couple years back, when ‘Man of Steel' came out, I remember the frenzy of the fans when they said, ”Oh, I can't believe Superman killed General Zod! Superman would never do that." When I was watching the movie, my first thought was, ”Well, dang, I wanted to do that in the Doomsday movie, when we had Superman versus Doomsday,'" Timm told CBR. ”I was going to have Superman do exactly the same deed. Doomsday was going to be getting ready to kill some innocent bystanders, and Superman was already mortally wounded, and he was going to use his last bit of strength to break Doomsday's neck
."

http://www.cbr.com/bruce-timm-on-zack-snyders-man-of-steel-ending-i-wanted-to-do-that/

Lol. I personally find it amusing that people hold Snyder to such a high standard, yet the comic book writers and people who they cite as getting the character Nolan, Timm etc don't meet the standards they hold Snyder too. Nolan's Batman killed a shit tonne of ninjas in Begins, Frank Miller's Batman used a gun and shot a guy, Donner's Superman punched Zod through crowded buildings and murdered the Kryptonains in cold blood and Bruce Timm's Superman punched Captain Marvel through so many buildings or to give a JL example.

People say I can't not talk shit about Marvel yet I think I call out people who do mental gymnastics to handwave away and justify their hypocrisy and double standards whether it's DC or Marvel.

I hope Matt Reeve's doesn't put any "Extended Universe" bullshit in his movie. Logan and TDK ignored that garbage and they were all the better for it!

Ashhong

I hope Matt Reeve's doesn't put any "Extended Universe" bullshit in his movie. Logan and TDK ignored that garbage and they were all the better for it!

Logan had just a little bit, almost too little imo. I would have loved just a little more info on what happened before the movie. Not sure if that counts as extended universe. But yea, no cameos and whatnot and universe setup is needed.

Ninjimbo

Nah. I love the world building. It makes the universe feel more alive knowing that these smaller stories are taking place in a larger world and could potentially have consequences. You could have both in this format as well.

bryanee

I like the bits in Batman and Superman comics where they're chilling on a rooftop talking. I wouldnt mind something like that at the very start of The Batman movie for like 5 minutes.

My hope is that Reeves can push both, Batman and Bruce Wayne. The Planet of the Ape movies have great emotional scenes and pay offs, hope to see the same in this movie, if it ever happens.

Ross61

Matt Reeves: " I want Batman to exist independently of the set universe and not being constrained by the other movies on the slate.

WB:
sheeit.gif

WB: "Matt, how about a Gotham City Sirens or Suicide Squad 2 reference scene in your movie? Oh, I know. Batman uses a mother box to build a new Batmobile! Great lead in to Justice League 2. Plus we can sell new Batmobile toys!"

Reeves:
H7aELZI.gif

At this point, they have to stick with Reeves no matter what, right? I don't think they could absorb the hit of him officially walking away now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom