• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Joker screenshots.
GMLELzQ.jpg

edZKiqR.jpg

XzomDjE.jpg

2YSXEgb.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's Common in that last shot, yeah? Looks like the outfit we saw him in.

Wonder when the hell they're going to fit in that club scene, considering all the other stuff going on.

Ninjimbo

I'm still getting used to this Joker's look. I trust Ayer and Leto to pull it off, but I wonder how much of Heath's Joker is still a thing in people's minds. I showed some of the pictures of SS Joker to one of my friends and she was just shaking her head.

That design really came out of nowhere lol.

Effect

Guessing I'll be getting the iTunes version. Ugh. Will just wait and see what Amazon actually puts out before buying though just in case they are putting up the extras but not putting it on the product page.

It's red with the Flash logo... not sure where I see an issue

The lack of Lightning ears makes the Flash look very weird. Maybe you were referring to that stating the ears are red but I don't see it. In other concept arts you don't see it either.

By the way I love the costume look, just needs the lightning ears because he just looks naked to me.

VanWinkle

Hmm, looks like Vudu has a disc+digital option. I can watch it now digitally and then Walmart will ship the disc out to me when that releases. But it doesn't say if it's a blu-ray or not. Hmmm...

Edit: actually, it IS the blu-ray, and it's the same price that Amazon charges for the physical copy! SWEET! So now I can watch it tomorrow, and still have the blu-ray copy like I wanted, without spending any extra money.

Dead

well not really...yet
So, YMMV, but...

I know some people were hoping this would be a Kingdom of Heaven level improvement. Here' s the deal, it's not, but it's the biggest improvement an extended cut has made to a film since KoH IMO. It can't be at the KoH level simply because Scott's DC took a movie that some people literally hated, and made them come around to it. The people that HATE this movie due to reasons like the tone, or decisions in how these characters are portrayed, won't be swayed. This movie will never be for them, that's all there is. But for everyone else, those who already loved or liked it, or those on the fence due to the critical flaws of the TC (pacing, editing, characterization, poor narrative development)...this is a very big improvement.

Improvements:

- Proper narrative flow
- Logical editing and scene transitions
- Vastly improved pacing
- Establishing of setting
- Restoring Clark's agency in the film as co-lead with Bruce
- Restoring Lois' relevance to the film
- A more clear and better executed build up of Lex's plan.

Where before it felt like scenes just ended and moved on to other non related scenes, the whole thing just flows naturally now because not only are the individual scenes allowed to breathe more, but the overall tapestry moves in a way that makes sense thanks to the restoration of deleted subplots.

The movie also gives us a much better sense of place. Like Batman's intro, instead of going straight to the chimney full of bats, the movie begins with the two cops in their car enjoying a football match between Gotham and Metropolis, followed by them driving off into a big establishing shot of Gotham city. Or when Clark goes the mountains, originally he's just there at the top, now we see Clark arrive at the base of the mountain as some locals comment on his climbing up, it's a much less jarring sequence of events.

One of the biggest revelations in this cut for me, was just how fantastic the lead up to the senate bombing is. You literally just see all these pieces falling into places, with Lex manipulating the strings in the background. There's this huge sense of build up that was utterly lacking before.

The additions to the ending were also really nice.
The shots of Metropolis deserted, the offices of the Planet empty, as everyone is gathered at Superman's funeral. Pete Ross at Clark's funeral. The Priest from MoS is officiating Clark's funeral, the implication that Bruce paid for it...
All help to make the event seem bigger and more emotional than in the theatrical cut.

Overall, the theatrical cut was around a 6.5/10 for me. This bumps it to an 8.5/10 for me personally. It's a more complete work and clearly what should have been what was released in theaters (or as close to it as possible)

VanWinkle

So

I know some people were hoping this would be a Kingdom of Heaven level improvement. Here' s the deal, it's not, but it's the biggest improvement an extended cut has made to a film since KoH IMO. It can't be at the KoH level simply because Scott's DC took a movie that some people literally hated it, and made them come around to it. The people that HATE this movie due to reasons like the tone, or decisions in how these characters are portrayed, won't be swayed. This movie will never be for them, that's all there is. But for everyone else, those who already loved or liked it, or those on the fence due to the critical flaws of the TC (pacing, editing, characterization, poor narrative development)...this is a very big improvement.

Improvements:

- Proper narrative flow
- Logical editing and scene transitions
- Vastly improved pacing
- Establishing of setting
- Restoring Clark's agency in the film as co-lead with Bruce
- Restoring Lois' relevance to the film
- A more clear and better executed build up of Lex's plan.

Where before it felt like scenes just ended and moved on to other non related scenes, the whole thing just flows naturally now because not only are the individual scenes allowed to breathe more, but the overall tapestry moves in a way that makes sense thanks to the restoration of deleted subplots.

The movie also gives us a much better sense of place. Like Batman's intro, instead of going straight to the chimney full of bats, the movie begins with the two cops in their car enjoying a football match between Gotham and Metropolis, followed by them driving off into a big establishing shot of Gotham city. Or when Clark goes the mountains, originally he's just there at the top, now we see Clark arrive at the base of the mountain as some locals comment on his climbing up, it's a much less jarring sequence of events.

One of the biggest revelations in this cut for me, was just how fantastic the lead up to the senate bombing is. You literally just see all these pieces falling into places, with Lex manipulating the strings in the background. There's this huge sense of build up that was utterly lacking before.

The additions to the ending were also really nice.
The shots of Metropolis deserted, the offices of the Planet empty, as everyone is gathered at Superman's funeral. Pete Ross at Clark's funeral. The Priest from MoS is officiating Clark's funeral, the implication that Bruce paid for it...
All help to make the event seem bigger and more emotional than in the theatrical cut.

Overall, the theatrical cut was around a 6.5/10 for me. This bumps it to an 8.5/10 for me personally. It's a more complete work and clearly what should have been what was released in theaters (or as close to it as possible)

This is great, man. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom