• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrush64

Banned
Yeah, as someone who loved the theatrical version, this is so much better. Like much much better. So many more things make sense now.

Perry White one liners are the best man, especially that Kansas one.

Do you guys think Snyder can take what he learned from BvS and make Justice League a good 2.5 hour long movie? I'm worried that he physically cannot take all of his ideas and edit them down to a average runtime. Between Watchmen and BvS, I have a sinking suspicion that Justice League will end up in the same boat.

JTripper

My only hesitation would be not getting the blu-ray when it releases for some reason and having to deal with that complication.

Anyone have experience with this offer before?

Yeah hell would be raised if somehow you didn't get the Blu-Ray when it released. Has anyone bought this kind of deal before on VUDU?

Busty

Banned
Do you guys think Snyder can take what he learned from BvS and make Justice League a good 2.5 hour long movie? I'm worried that he physically cannot take all of his ideas and edit them down to a average runtime. Between Watchmen and BvS, I have a sinking suspicion that Justice League will end up in the same boat.

I'm quietly confident that Snyder can make the Justice League film work in a way that no one thought possible.

Very quietly confident. But confident.

WhiteWolf

Thrilled at reading the responses, but should we now worry about WB throwing around their weight and making Snyder change his vision for JL? WB fucked up on the TC and is now doing a major corse correct based on responses to a butchered film, not what was approved initially. I'm guessing that's what was meant when it was reported Affleck wanted to be executive producer to support Snyder. He can help prevent another film being hacked apart.

He's the director GAF deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll criticize him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our prophet. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Couldn´t come up with stuff for the last sentence lel

WB did Snyder bad man. Instead of trying to cram as many showings into a day as possible, they should have released the better movie. Dude got shanked.

Hppefully WB or whoever the fuck decided to do what they did to BvS theatrical version has learnt their lesson. Assuming it wasn't Snyder himself I feel very sorry for him. You could tell he was really down about BvS' reception.

Penguin

Thrilled at reading the responses, but should we now worry about WB throwing around their weight and making Snyder change his vision for JL? WB fucked up on the TC and is now doing a major corse correct based on responses to a butchered film, not what was approved initially. I'm guessing that's what was meant when it was reported Affleck wanted to be executive producer to support Snyder. He can help prevent another film being hacked apart.

I mean... from a standpoint both camps are right and wrong.

Like Warner shouldn't be condemned for trying to push an initial release that is both short enough for your typical fan and good. And Synder should be allowed to make the movie he wants.

Let's hope both teams can find a mutual middle ground that folks enjoy.

ryan299

Depends on the script. Even though the UC is a better movie, the film is still bloated and really shouldn't have been that long. They should've done their editing in the scripting stage.

I remember Nolan saying during TDKR press, that he did his 'editing' on the script. Made it as tight as possible, so that it didn't get torn up in post.

a916

Yeah, as someone who loved the theatrical version, this is so much better. Like much much better. So many more things make sense now.

Perry White one liners are the best man, especially that Kansas one.

Apples don't cost a nickel. NOT IN HERE.NOT OUT THERE!

Effect

Nice. Went for the Vudu (forgot this was Walmart's service) version for the film. Downloading the digital version now and the blu-ray will ship when it releases. Damn good deal. This download is going to take a while though and not sure how big this HDX version is going to be. If this is something Vudu does regularly, the combo deal, I might be buying more films from them, at least ones I really want to see again right away. Amazon's digital version is a mess. Each cut is $20 and no extras. I'm likely not to watch the theatrical cut again but it would be nice to still own it as part of the collection.

cr0w

Old Member
Watching the Jon Schnepp review right now. He's wearing the same "Hey, Cthul-Aid!" shirt I have. Hah.

IconGrist

I'm jealous you guys got to get that disc+digital thing to work. It just kept giving me a stupid error so I just bought the digital copy.

JTripper

Nice. Went for the Vudu (forgot this was Walmart's service) version for the film. Downloading the digital version now and the blu-ray will ship when it releases. Damn good deal. This download is going to take a while though and not sure how big this HDX version is going to be. If this is something Vudu does regularly, the combo deal, I might be buying more films from them, at least ones I really want to see again right away. Amazon's digital version is a mess. Each cut is $20 and no extras. I'm likely not to watch the theatrical cut again but it would be nice to still own it as part of the collection.

Is shipping free for when the Blu-Ray releases?

Effect

Watching the Jon Schnepp review right now. He's wearing the same "Hey, Cthul-Aid!" shirt I have. Hah.

I'm glad he's had such a 180 on the film and really enjoyed it.

Is shipping free for when the Blu-Ray releases?

Looks like it. I didn't get charged shipping. Only got charged the tax.

I'm jealous you guys got to get that disc+digital thing to work. It just kept giving me a stupid error so I just bought the digital copy.

That sucks. :(

Do you have to make an account on the Walmart site or anything like that if you go this route?

Tabby

Say what?
It was on /r/movies I believe. OP telling every one that UC came out digitally and that people should give it another chance because it's improved, then a few hours later he posted a screenshot of his inbox of people telling him to off himself and watch Civil War instead.

strafer

It was on /r/movies I believe. OP telling every one that UC came out digitally and that people should give it another chance because it's improved, then a few hours later he posted a screenshot of his inbox of people telling him to off himself and watch Civil War instead.

Let me off this planet now. I don't wanna live here anymore.

man, some of the plot points they removed from the movie are absolutely essential for establishing the tone of several scenes. for example
the african woman who was bribed by lex, the whole lead up to the capital scene creates a real sense of tension and impending doom. it hammers home the granny's peach tea moment becaues the viewer is on edge along with the senator.
absolutely none of that is present in the TC, the entire tone of the capital hearing is much more relaxed and ho-hum. it's totally out of context in comparison to the UC.

the africa scene also makes a whole lot more sense now. as does clark deciding to go and threaten batman's life in order to try and stop him. lex's plan makes more sense as well. it still has pacing issues. the knightmare is totally pointless. as is the reveal of the justice league. should have kept it to wonder woman and left the other 3 as a mystery (or it could have been a post credit sequence).

i liked the TC, but this is a LOT better, jumps from a 6.5 or so to like 8 for me.

VanWinkle

About to watch the ultimate cut now. For reference I actually liked the movie a lot when I watched it, but retroactively started thinking more negatively of it. I didn't really like Man of Steel. I thought the writing was a lot better in BvS.

guek

Banned
I rewatched the Flashpoint Paradox movie last night. What a good time. My only real nitpick is that it doesn't give a compelling reason for Thomas Wayne to believe Barry's story so completely without any lingering doubt or suspicion.

Aquaman's over-roided design always makes me chuckle too.

IconGrist

I rewatched the Flashpoint Paradox movie last night. What a good time. My only real nitpick is that it doesn't give a compelling reason for Thomas Wayne to believe Barry's story so completely without any lingering doubt or suspicion.

mos_splash_shield2.png

VUDU site isn't working for me. Gives me an error when I try to confirm my shipping address.

Edit: Oh yeah, in case you prioritize this kind of thing, you can't remove CC info from your account unless you call customer service.

Penguin

Does he?

I thought Thomas' sole motivation was making sure his son lived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom