• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterHero

I don't get why people have an issue with this at all... there exists a Jenny Olsen who's an accomplished writer at the Planet who's ahead of Clark. This Jimmy Olsen was a CIA operative that Lois didn't even know AND she had her life put in danger by Jimmy (something Jimmy would never do). You would think people would be clapping about upping Jenny's place in the workforce AND casting a woman yet it's Snyder so hack blah blah.
Her name is Jenny Jurwich. Anyways here's how I'd fix Jimmy Olsen

CIA Agent Jimmy Olsen, Codename: Elastic Lad

strafer

Yes even though like with Mjolnr the impact should kill Steve.

Yeah, I would think so. The amount of force.

4930387-4333071-sup%2Bpunch.gif

Would kinda send him flying.

witness

Loved the directors cut, my wife was flipping out at how good it was (she did not like the theatrical version at all). The
Arkham mention by Batman at the end made her lose her shit lol
. We both agreed that the pacing was so good and that now everything makes sense. I can't believe how many pivotal moments were cut, I could never watch the original again. They really should have just released this version instead, I would have loved to see how critics and the general audience would have reacted. Excited to get my blu ray in a few weeks. This actually restore my faith for Justice League.

i saw it. i don't really like giving movies number ratings. (one movie I'll rate a 7 I like a lot more than another 7 etc.) but i guess if i had to this would go from a 4 or 5 to a 7 due to the ultimate cut feeling like a way more coherent film. changing it from a kind of crap superhero blockbuster to a pretty good (but overlong) superhero epic.

detailed my thoughts here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=208647619&postcount=624

I've never been that hot on Snyder. This might be my favorite film of his by far, he uses his strengths to good use in this cut. And he's got the benefit of some pretty good actors to work with too. I'd put it over Dawn of the Dead.

I might agree with you there. Toss up of Watchmen DC or BvS UE for me. While I prefer BvS, I felt Watchmen justifies its length better.

Personally I wouldn't say either is night and day from the theatrical cuts, but it makes me curious if MoS had one, would I end up liking that too.

strafer

I might agree with you there. Toss up of Watchmen DC or BvS UE for me. While I prefer BvS, I felt Watchmen justifies its length better.

Personally I wouldn't say either is night and day from the theatrical cuts, but it makes me curious if MoS had one, would I end up liking that too.

Cant remember if snyder ever talked about MoS deleted scenes.

Loved the directors cut, my wife was flipping out at how good it was (she did not like the theatrical version at all). The
Arkham mention by Batman at the end made her lose her shit lol
. We both agreed that the pacing was so good and that now everything makes sense. I can't believe how many pivotal moments were cut, I could never watch the original again. They really should have just released this version instead, I would have loved to see how critics and the general audience would have reacted. Excited to get my blu ray in a few weeks. This actually restore my faith for Justice League.

I think the cut is a hell of a lot better, in small ways at first, but the changes in the first adn second acts make the third act actually resonate more. I just don't know if reviews would have been THAT much better. BvS was in a weird position in that a lot of people hated it going in, or if you prefer, the movie had to justify itself more than the average comic book film did. I don't think the UE would have helped get rid of that baggage. It would have scored better, absolutely, maybe even into the 50% RT range, but it would still have been divisive as fuck.

It's kinda like this image:

4117818b2b40f5f385ebdddac38295c8.jpg

everything about the movie becomes contentious, it goes from a flawed film to utter dogshit. DIscussions become exaggerated. Batman becomes murderman. Lex is now the Joker.

SJRB

Gold Member
kFdtb4ih.jpg

How brave or stupid you gotta be to commit crimes in Gotham?

God that part was so awesome, highlight of the movie. Batman unleashed, finally.

When that one thug tries to shoot him in the head point-blank, Batman goes out of his way to break that dude's arm just as punishment. The dude was already down but he broke it anyway just to fuck him up.

So do you think Captain America could block a Superman punch with the shield?

MCU Cap is one of the few examples of the movie counterpart being more powerful that the original comic. He shrugged of Mjolnir, and fought Ultron to a standstill with his bare hands, so who knows?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Movie Superman would just wreck the whole Avengers team. Unless they have some Kryptonite.

JL prediction:

Supes: I need a new suit.
Bats: I got you.

A lighter blue version of what we have now. Calling it.

Ahasverus

Movie Superman would just wreck the whole Avengers team. Unless they have some Kryptonite.

JL prediction:

Eh, it was blue enough for me. All it needs is a bigger belt and longer boots.
I really like BvS, definitely doing a rewatch. Based on what many are saying, it sounds like WB really did screw up, eh?
WB should apologize and the suits responsible for the TC be fired asap.

JL prediction:

He gives him red underwear to screw with him. Superman owns it to get back at him. Batman gets jealous and wears black underwear.

a916

Cap in the MCU seems to be as strong or as weak as he needs to be it seems.

The entire MCU is like that... everyone got nerfed in Civil War to make it seem like Black Widow could somehow get the upper hand on Black Panther or Hawkeye is actually useful lol.

MCU Cap is one of the few examples of the movie counterpart being more powerful that the original comic. He shrugged of Mjolnir, and fought Ultron to a standstill with his bare hands, so who knows?

Not only shrugged it off--the impact blew THOR back.
But Bucky's metal arm? Top-tier...except vs Spidey.

I love the movies, but yes, some of that is eh.

JL prediction:

I'm fine with his suit, though. I'm not fine with him being wood when he has more range than that.

The entire MCU is like that... everyone got nerfed in Civil War to make it seem like Black Widow could somehow get the upper hand on Black Panther or Hawkeye is actually useful lol.

Yes, but it wasn't a real fight either. Between Vision and BP, Iron Man's squad was pretty OP on its face.

I'll watch the extended cut this afternoon.

User1608

Banned
WB should apologize and the suits responsible for the TC be fired asap.
I get that people don't necessarily want a longer movie (independent of tone and characterization, I liked them personally), but yeah, releasing the UC in theaters would have been better long term, I feel. Sure, it goes on too much and is a bit bloated but at the end of the day, this version turned out to be a good film. I'd rather a good film that's too long than one that is a jumbled mess going by what the previous consensus was. I'll probably give the TC a whirl down the line.

Ahasverus

I get that people don't necessarily want a longer movie (independent of tone and characterization, I liked them personally), but yeah, releasing the UC in theaters would have been better long term, I feel. Sure, it goes on too much and is a bit bloated but at the end of the day, this version turned out to be a good film. I'd rather a decent film that's too long than one that is a jumbled mess going by what the previous consensus was. I'll probably give the TC a whirl down the line.
Don't! It's not worth it, at the end of the day your mind will fill the blanks and you won't feel the disorienting feeling audiences had.
Margot Robbie

User1608

Banned
Don't! It's not worth it, at the end of the day your mind will fill the blanks and you won't feel the disorienting feeling audiences had.

Margot Robbie
I'll take your advice.:p

If I were to do a ranking of my fave superhero movies from the last two years, it'd go like this:
1.Civil War
2. Winter Soldier
3. AoU
4. Ant-Man
5.BvS

Not too bad I'd say. Really excited for the future of the DCEU now. Also love how Batman was portrayed but Jesus Christ he's an asshole lol.

It is really funny to me.

First watching, TC, I liked him.
Second time, TC, I fucking hated him.
Watching the UC, I actually liked him again.

(Lex Luthor)

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say, those look like cartoon eggs. How did he get them so perfect?

I saw the Joker action figure at Toys "Я" Us. Sadly, they had no one else. I don't know if I want to get Joker yet. I wanted Deadshot and maybe Harley...and then Katana and Boomerang when those come out later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom