• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
The entire MCU is like that... everyone got nerfed in Civil War to make it seem like Black Widow could somehow get the upper hand on Black Panther or Hawkeye is actually useful lol.

Every comicbook character ever is like that. Batman somehow survives Doomsday's atomic fart by hinding behind some rubble while buildings are blown away around them. He also magically has enough super strength to throw heavy crates like baseballs and ragdoll people.

VFI43i9.gif

There are a handful of really goofy shots in BvS and that's one of them for me.

Batman introduction in this movie is incredible. How you hear these screams in this very grimy looking place and even the people who were rescued are scared too, no other films (or cartoons) have sold that kind of "Demon of the Night" aura that this scene did. That's what I really want Affleck to take away from this one. Treat batman almost like a demon from another world whenever he's around civilians/cops. And also that warehouse scene for the action. It's all there for him, he just needs to do his own thing with the script. Hopefully he goes for a bit of a noir-vibe.

Despite my problems with the film I think the world building in here is unmatched by the rest of the genre. The universe feels so lived in with the single 3 hour movie. I already get a sense of the DC heroes (albeit mired in cynicism) existing with such a long history and how it's effected the world around them. Particularly Superman, with the religious implications and all the hero worship/admonishment.

VanWinkle

Batman introduction in this movie is incredible. How you hear these screams in this very grimy looking place and even the people who were rescued are scared too, no other films (or cartoons) have sold that kind of "Demon of the Night" aura that this scene did. That's what I really want Affleck to take away from this one. Treat batman almost like a demon from another world whenever he's around civilians/cops. And also that warehouse scene for the action. It's all there for him, he just needs to do his own thing with the script. Hopefully he goes for a bit of a noir-vibe.

Despite my problems with the film I think the world building in here is unmatched by the rest of the genre. The universe feels so lived in with the single 3 hour movie. I already get a sense of the DC heroes (albeit mired in cynicism) existing with such a long history and how it's effected the world around them. Particularly Superman, with the religious implications and all the hero worship/admonishment.

Only problem I had with that introduction scene is that there were subtitles for what the people behind the bars were saying despite the fact that the cops (whose perspective we were viewing from) didn't understand her. I feel like it shouldn't have had subtitles.

Firemind

Every comicbook character ever is like that. Batman somehow survives Doomsday's atomic fart by hinding behind some rubble while buildings are blown away around them. He also magically has enough super strength to throw heavy crates like baseballs and ragdoll people.

You mean movies period. I mean, Indiana Jones survived an atomic blast inside a hurling refrigerator just to show an extreme example.

shingi70

Banned
He would cherish sleep as not to have his senses on all the time I'd imagine. Plus I'm super being Superman has a steep mental toll.

that was one the best intros, super scary in the theater.

guek

Banned
........yeah that's what made it great. Christ are you always this much of a debbie downer?

How is pointing out a few specific parts of a movie not working for me being a debbie downer? It's not like I'm making broad generalizations based on minute issues I have or shitting on WB as a production company. I even said everything up to that point was great, that shot of him in the corner just looks friggin goofy as hell.

Ashhong

Well, yeah.

It was great until you see Batman just chillin out in a corner.

I agree, Everytime I see that scene I don't know how he doesn't see Batman from the start. It wasn't that dark and the dude is right I'm his sightline. Then Batman has the weirdest pose ever like he's sprawled out for a nude photo shoot

I actually kinda liked the shot, but yeah, it is a little silly looking, especially out of context. Make the room a smidge darker and it really works tho.

IconGrist

I agree, Everytime I see that scene I don't know how he doesn't see Batman from the start. It wasn't that dark and the dude is right I'm his sightline. Then Batman has the weirdest pose ever like he's sprawled out for a nude photo shoot

Surprise Bat-dong!

The DC_Cinematic subreddit makes me laugh. "It feels good around here..." Get the hell out of here with that shit, lol. Some people take movies way too seriously.

shingi70

Banned
I wonder how DC plans to address the difference between magic and super science with the next few films. Will they pull an MCu and combine them.into being one in the same. I'm thinking of how Zeus relates to the New Gods!

Penguin

I wonder how DC plans to address the difference between magic and super science with the next few films. Will they pull an MCu and combine them.into being one in the same. I'm thinking of how Zeus relates to the New Gods!

Well pretty sure going full on with magic with Enchantress and the Soul Blade in Suicide Squad.

Speaking of Squad, how are you folks gonna prep for it?

MoS/BvS marathon?

Assault on Arkham?

Riding the comics?

Well pretty sure going full on with magic with Enchantress and the Soul Blade in Suicide Squad.

MoS/BvS marathon?

Assault on Arkham?

Riding the comics?

i'm prolly gonna watch an episode of king of the hill while i eat before i leave for the theater.

Soul Blade? You mean Katana's Soultaker? Unless Namco's sponsoring Suicide Squad, which would be dope. I did make Katana in Soulcalibur V in anticipation, so maybe they noticed!

Riding the comics?
Comics are definitely the best form of transportation. Put some NOS in there, and you're flying through the streets!

But seriously, though, all of the above. Though I did the last two already a while back.

MoS/BvS marathon?

Assault on Arkham?

Riding the comics?

Y'all better get on Ostrander Suicide Squad before the movie drops.

Kibbles

Leto interview: "The Joker feeds off resentment. The more resentment, conflict, and enemies he gets, the more fulfilled he feels.”
Idk if scans are allowed so can't post source

Robbie tells us that she never had a problem with Leto’s special deliveries. "I loved that stuff. I mean, Jared was doing half of my work for me. Harley’s very much part of this relationship, and to have such commitment on the other half made my job a thousand times easier and a thousand times more fun. It keeps you on your toes, I don’t know what’s going to happen when we go on set, I have no idea what he’s going to do. It’s so exciting to act opposite that."
"It really brought [things] to life for us,” adds Delevingne. “Going from us rehearsing from the page to going to such visceral things [that] you can feel and touch, in your face, like… holy shit! It’s like interactive theatre.”
Indeed, one gift from Leto is credited with forging the Squad itself. While Ayer got the actors working on bonding and developing their characters, Leto stayed separate. However, on one occasion he did make his presence felt, as Jay Hernandez remembers. “One of Joker’s henchmen came into the rehearsal space, and when that happened it galvanised us; something happened,” he tells us. “The Suicide Squad was born!” laughs Smith.
“He just burst in. 'What the fuck? I know we’ve got security outside!’"
"He had a dead pig, and threw it down on the table and said, 'Here’s a present froth Mr J,’” Kinnaman picks up. “He had the slit throat with the tongue sticking out,” interjects Delevingne. “And me and Jai looked at each other like, 'We’ve got to do somethig, man!”’ laughs Kinnaman. “He’d already walked out so we ran down the corridor and dragged him back into the room. He was like 'Guys, it’s over, it’s over.’ 'It’s not over!’ We pulled him in and everybody jumped him. We tied him, took a picture, put the pig around his shoulders and put an apple in its mouth.” 
“That was [Leto’s] gift, and it was really special and mind-blowing and fucking awesome,” concludes Hernandez. “When it happened, it’s like everybody turned and we were instantly like, what are we doing? What the fuck are we doing?” “'We’ve gotta retaliate, we’ve got to do something’” remembers Robbie. “It changed everything.” “The final drop in the cauldron,” adds Delevingne gleefully.

It sounds like the cast of Suicide Squad had a blast making the film which is always nice to hear if they channel their enthusiasm well on screen.

Also since Snyder made the Watchmen film and the recent DC Rebirth happened, does anyone think that (Rebirth spoiler)
Dr. Manhattan could show up in the DCEU just like he's now showing up in the Rebirth universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom