• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

a916

It's always the same people, too. It's sad that one can have so much resentment for a movie that, 4 months after it came out you still feel the desperate urge to enter every related thread and repeatedly tell everyone who enjoyed the movie that they're wrong and the movie is bad. It's interesting that many of the people with the highest post count in that thread are also the ones greatly dislike the movie.

When I entered and people were complaining there wasn't enough dust on Bruce's clothes after the building collapses I was like "fuck this, I'm out".

2PnUX78.gif

LOL, my reaction exactly. Or the "man when Superman comes down, the dust looks so fake, this movie sucks."

Wot?

I don't get the need to continuously post about something you hate that much. I understand having some back and forth after watching it, but to continue on about the same shit months after? I just don't get it and probably never will.

strafer

LOL, my reaction exactly. Or the "man when Superman comes down, the dust looks so fake, this movie sucks."

Wot?

What? People think that? I saw nothing wrong with that scene.

are they talking about the blur when he lands? that's not bad cgi, that's them selling the impact of the landing and sand on the lens.

UE thread is fun, with or without the riffraff. Broadly I'm reading and nodding to both criticisms and praise for the film. It can go too far on both ends, but it is what it is. Everybody is able to own their own interpretation. The film discussion is only lame when somebody makes something up to have a point. Or dumps on others who don't share their opinion. Haven't seen much of it in the UE thread.

User1608

Banned
UE thread is fun, with or without the riffraff. Broadly I'm reading and nodding to both criticisms and praise for the film. It can go too far on both ends, but it is what it is. Everybody is able to own their own interpretation. The film discussion is only lame when somebody makes something up to have a point. Or dumps on others who don't share their opinion. Haven't seen much of it in the UE thread.
Same thoughts here. Honestly , reading some analysis of the movie, like the Excalibur stuff and I can see it now. It's really cool! The wait for JL got waaaay harder.:( :p

MisterHero

Jesus fucking Christ. Shit posters have ruined comic book movies for me.

I don't go out of my way to try and shut down others' enjoyment of stuff. Why is this allowed?

Those who have seen the Flash costume on set claim this fan art is the nearest yet. Helmet is said to be the biggest departure. Interestingly, the real suit has the white circle around the bolt despite all the concept art.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus fucking Christ. Shit posters have ruined comic book movies for me.

I don't go out of my way to try and shut down others' enjoyment of stuff. Why is this allowed?

Relax, no one is taking away anything. Just watch the movies, like/dislike them and give your opinion. Yeah you have some shitposters who seem to force their opinion as the only truth, but ehh. Just ignore them.

In here you are safe though!

Anyway; which one of you lovely people will make me cool Zack Snyder avatar? I need one.

User1608

Banned
I'm just really glad I went in with an open mind about its tone and such and ended up enjoying BvS. Upon reflection it's really good, I think I'm in love now.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Those who have seen the Flash costume on set claim this fan art is the nearest yet. Helmet is said to be the biggest departure. Interestingly, the real suit has the white circle around the bolt despite all the concept art.

We saw the white circle in one of the concept arts/previews, didn't we ? I can dig it, the best you could do really. It's the Flash, he'll always look a bit weird. In Wilkinson we trust.

I'm just really glad I went in with an open mind about its tone and such and ended up enjoying BvS. Upon reflection it's really good, I think I'm in love now.

One of us, one of us!

SJRB

Gold Member
So what are the chances we'll ever get an Ultimate Edition soundtrack? There's so much music in the movie that isn't featured on the normal soundtrack.

Raptor

Just came to my mind why Doomsday was able to impale Supes? doesnt SUperman has super strong skin hence Man of Steel?

Was it because Doomsdays was just impaled with a kryptonite spear and then growing a spike infused with some of that kryptonite?

Or because he was just super strong?

strafer

Just came to my mind why Doomsday was able to impale Supes? doesnt SUperman has super strong skin hence Man of Steel?

Was it because Doomsdays was just impaled with a kryptonite spear and then growing a spike infused with some of that kryptonite?

Superman was weakened by the kryptonite.

a916

Being around kryptonite weakens Superman as well.

Edit: Damnit Strafer!

IconGrist

Yea, the post count makes you wonder. The last Community thread I somehow managed to blow past all of you (and the same looks to be going on here, lol, sorry). I just checked the OT thread and both Alienous and Veelk have more posts than me. Now, I like to think I'm not like a super fanboy or a "stan" or whatever the fuck that means because I invite the conversation and can accept what people do and don't like. But those two hate the movie (Veelk went so far as to brag about him "ripping into it" in the 'Marvel takes a shot at DoJ' thread) so it's a little weird for them to be so actively engaged in discussions about it. At least to me. Maybe that's normal behavior and I'm an idiot.

Yeah still not entirely sure why we couldn't get Wonder Woman to do that

I think that is based off information we have and not information he has. He has no idea what she is and isn't capable of, not really. Yea he saw her fight but if she dies that's on him. Plus, he just went through that whole revelation of letting go of Krypton and Earth is his world. You kind of shit on that by basically going "Earth is my home and I'm responsible for it" and then immediately go into "here, you do this".

Alienous

Yea, the post count makes you wonder. The last Community thread I somehow managed to blow past all of you (and the same looks to be going on here, lol, sorry). I just checked the OT thread and both Alienous and Veelk have more posts than me. Now, I like to think I'm not like a super fanboy or a "stan" or whatever the fuck that means because I invite the conversation and can accept what people do and don't like. But those two hate the movie (Veelk went so far as to brag about him "ripping into it" in the 'Marvel takes a shot at DoJ' thread) so it's a little weird for them to be so actively engaged in discussions about it. At least to me. Maybe that's normal behavior and I'm an idiot.

Um...

I dislike Batman v Superman, but I enjoy discussing it. I'm a fairly big DC fan, so I'm invested in the films such that, good or bad, I'll probably discuss them heavily. If it were Batman & Robin in its place I'd do the same. I also post a lot in general, so...

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah tbf Alienous does seem open to having a normal discussion. He liked certain things and disliked other stuff in the movie,isn't one of those "lol everything sux" drive-by posters like the others. From what I can tell at least.

Now, someone like Dash_Riprock on the other hand...he seems to live on the negativity around this movie. It's crazy how much he hates it and invests in hating it. With those kinda people you can't have a normal discussion. Everything is disregarded as: "lol, hack Snyder".

IconGrist

Um...

I dislike Batman v Superman, but I enjoy discussing it. I'm a fairly big DC fan, so I'm invested in the films such that, good or bad, I'll probably discuss them heavily. If it were Batman & Robin in its place I'd do the same. I also post a lot in general, so...

I didn't mean to come off offensively. I'm not implying you (or even Veelk for that matter) are "drive-by" posters. The movie itself is heavily discussed here, both the good and bad, so your inclusion was mainly factored by your dislike and that I only see you talk about it in the OT threads. Neither of which is inherently bad but I'm sure you can see how it might come off.

Alienous

I didn't mean to come off offensively. I'm not implying you (or even Veelk for that matter) are "drive-by" posters. The movie itself is heavily discussed here, both the good and bad, so your inclusion was mainly factored by your dislike and that I only see you talk about it in the OT threads. Neither of which is inherently bad but I'm sure you can see how it might come off.

Usually with the community threads it's just an out of sight, out of mind thing - I just forget they exist. That, and there's only really one movie to discuss - Batman v Superman, and that has a thread. When Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman and Justice League come out this will probably be the go-to place to discuss their connections and where the films are going.

And I didn't take it offensively, or anything. I understand what you meant.

Ahasverus

The lasso doesn't work with anyone but Diana though.

Alienous is a great poster, he may dislike the movie, but he argues on its own merits.

Raptor

I think that is based off information we have and not information he has. He has no idea what she is and isn't capable of, not really. Yea he saw her fight but if she dies that's on him. Plus, he just went through that whole revelation of letting go of Krypton and Earth is his world. You kind of shit on that by basically going "Earth is my home and I'm responsible for it" and then immediately go into "here, you do this".

Plus, he didnt knew he was going to get impaled right there :O

Flash could have been more usefull and appeared to Clark and say "You will get impaled, make Bruce do it"

The lasso doesn't work with anyone but Diana though.

Alienous is a great poster, he may dislike the movie, but he argues on its own merits.

Yeah. She could have let him go, grabbed the spear, and let Clark try to grapple with Doomsday, but they had him THEN, and they didn't know they could do it again. Not to mention that they started working together about 5 minutes before :p

It's pretty clear that doomsday was strong enough that WW needed to hold him down with the lasso (and it still gave out in the end), and Batman would have been implaed or not had enough strength to drive the spear into doomsday. They obviously didn't have time to plan it out and it was spur of the moment.

That being said, the brief moment you got to see WW and Superman tag doomsday was great. I wish we got more of that. Felt like Supes should have hung in there better though, he didn't get very many good shots in. They should have been more equal on footing but show that he needed help to contain doomsday like he couldn't with zod.

IconGrist

The Doomsday fight was really disappointing. That's usually Zack's area to shine but the whole thing was very poorly thought out.

Raptor

Yeah, I was expecting a Supes vs Zod 2.0 at least for 3 minutes.

Doomsday was beating Supes as far as I saw in everything including heat vision vs heat whatever doomsday was throwing.

Suicide Squad cast is on Conan during his SDCC show.

hopefully it's nearly as fun as his X-Men interview last year. McAvoy alone is god-tier during interviews. Probably the most likable guy in the whole genre.

wonder if leto shows up. if he shows up to comic con in full joker mode that would be cool.

Penguin

The Doomsday fight was really disappointing. That's usually Zack's area to shine but the whole thing was very poorly thought out.

I think it would have been better if it were concurrent with the Batman warehouse scene because Bats really didn't have a ton to do.

And think could have been more creative with WonderWoman and Supes team-up

And maybe have Batman come in last minute with the Bat-plane then the K-grenade to weaken him before the spear.

Alienous

I think the problem is that Zack was afraid of getting Man of Steel -like complaints.

Really I would have wanted the Doomsday fight to be Zod 2.0. Have Superman duke it out in the city, and be so concerned with saving people that it costs him the fight until Wonder Woman comes in and helps even the odds. Perhaps not the whole fight, but a good chunk should have taken place in Metropolis. They cheated themselves out of a few cool moments they could have had, like Superman directly saving a few pedestrians, and a crowd witnessing Superman's death.

There are only so many ways you can stage a fight that takes place on the middle of nowhere, and the Doomsday fight did about all it could do given that limitation.

I think it would have been better if it were concurrent with the Batman warehouse scene because Bats really didn't have a ton to do.

I actually liked that. The best shot is the one over Batman's shoulder as WW and Superman battle Doomsday and there are lasers and all sorts of shit going on. It shows he needs people like Wonder Woman and Superman on his side to deal with bigger and bigger threats moving forward.

Penguin

Actually liked the idea from one of the fake scripts

That Doomsday was just programmed(and believe close to his comic origins) to walk a path of destruction

And Superman was trying to stop him before he reached the masses

Gives the movie/fight a ticking time bomb and a sense of urgency.

On the note of abandoned locale, I was gonna make a thread about this earlier in the year, but hate ranty threads.

I really hate this post-MoS world where everyone has to let you know that things are abandoned or mostly empty when heroes figh

Age of Ultron did it... then did it again with the climax
Civil War did it with the airport
This does it with the island, Metropolis and then the finale district.

Deadpool kind of does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom