• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor

Ok I saw it and the Flash scene still doesnt make sense to me, why the fuck did they leave it before Bruce woke up? should have been after but maybe Snyder thought the paper sheets flying was a giveaway that it was a real thing.

Still confusing, Metahumans stuff should have been cut and only leave the WW in there to make sense fo why she is there in the first place.

But it is now a coherent film and it is competent directed but I feel Snyder had to much to put in the movie that maybe a more concise, more tighted edited with more urgency ala TDK movie would had worked better IMO.

I dont know need to see it a couple more times.

Speaking of JL I saw "The New Frontier" what the fuck man,
Superman bites the dust and is absent the entire
"The Centre" battle, I was pissed.

Pachimari

Yeah I feel like Production Threads aren't really necessary. They die down rather quickly when nothing new comes out of the set, and as said, it's the same folks discussing. Rather just have everyone in here. It's a complaint of mine that us MCU gaffers do those productions threads.

I'm also halfway through the Ultimate Cut and is greatly enjoying it.

xSJpF6H.jpg

Ashhong

What annoys me about the bullet plot isn't even so much that so much was cut for TC, although that is terrible. It's that I'm not sure why they needed to make it a unique military prototype superbullet, but then not explain what was special about it. In terms of a frame job, it seems just sloppy to deploy high tech prototypes there unless you're also doing it for a reason. Nothing they did required special bullets, nor do we even know what was special about them in the first place.

The only purpose of it being a specialized bullet was so Lois would have to do more research into it and find out it was Lex.

The bullet was an accident. It was never meant to be found. Luthor gave the bullets (and guns we suppose) to the rebels and they were from his own material because that way they were untraceable to any other purchase. Of course he didn't count on the government having that data.

The Superman framing was less "Superman did this" and more "whenever Superman appears bad things happen" and of course, as said by Lex, demonstrating he was either not all powerful or not all good. It's the same intention of the senate bombing. Of course Superman didn't explode the bomb, but people doubted of his innocence or were mad because he didn't find the bomb.

I don't know about this. Lex had everything planned. I wouldn't doubt that he planned for her to find it.

After nice guys and big short I'm finally sold on gosling. I think he works much better being humorous than stoic. Dude would crush it as hal or kyle.

Lol at expecting him to be a green lantern or getting Refn on any of these major dc projects tho. Doubt it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
After nice guys and big short I'm finally sold on gosling. I think he works much better being humorous than stoic. Dude would crush it as hal or kyle.

Lol at expecting him to be a green lantern or getting Refn on any of these major dc projects tho. Doubt it.
Isnt he going to be Gambit?

Nice Guys made me want Gosling as Booster Gold so bad.

Gosling Hal would be cool too. Get Shane Black to direct. Say screw it and recast Russel Crowe as Kilowog.

onipex

Everything made clear in the UC was already clear to me in the TC. The UC is better and I doubt I'll watch the TC again.

Most people I know have it as their favorite comic movie. Its not number 1 for me but in my top 3.

shingi70

Banned
Ok I saw it and the Flash scene still doesnt make sense to me, why the fuck did they leave it before Bruce woke up? should have been after but maybe Snyder thought the paper sheets flying was a giveaway that it was a real thing.

Still confusing, Metahumans stuff should have been cut and only leave the WW in there to make sense fo why she is there in the first place.

But it is now a coherent film and it is competent directed but I feel Snyder had to much to put in the movie that maybe a more concise, more tighted edited with more urgency ala TDK movie would had worked better IMO.

I dont know need to see it a couple more times.

Speaking of JL I saw "The New Frontier" what the fuck man,
Superman bites the dust and is absent the entire
"The Centre" battle, I was pissed.

That's sort of the point of the new Frontier scene. Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are non factors and it's precisely that point that allows for others most prominently Hal, Barry, and John Jonzz to usher in the Silver Age which is a new Frontier so to speak. The big three despite being as young as the other other heroes kinda straddle both the Golden and Silver Age.

Raptor

That's sort of the point of the new Frontier scene. Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are non factors and it's precisely that point that allows for others most prominently Hal, Barry, and John Jonzz to usher in the Silver Age which is a new Frontier so to speak. The big three despite being as young as the other other heroes kinda straddle both the Golden and Silver Age.

Now that you put it that way is true, Hal, Barry, Martian, even the damn Atom got the job done, WW almost got killed and the Bat was just there lol.

MisterHero

What annoys me about the bullet plot isn't even so much that so much was cut for TC, although that is terrible. It's that I'm not sure why they needed to make it a unique military prototype superbullet, but then not explain what was special about it. In terms of a frame job, it seems just sloppy to deploy high tech prototypes there unless you're also doing it for a reason. Nothing they did required special bullets, nor do we even know what was special about them in the first place.
Luthor outfitted his goons with his own designs so they would be untraceable. Except the CIA probably connected the unique metal to his tower. :p

Could they have figured it out with Lois's specific bullet? They were there after all.

Luthor outfitted his goons with his own designs so they would be untraceable. Except the CIA probably connected the unique metal to his tower. :p

Could they have figured it out with Lois's specific bullet? They were there after all.

Lol, bullet that is only made by LexCorp vs deploying guns using standard 5.56 nato and 7.62 warsaw ammunition. The latter would assuredly be more difficult to trace considering the world is flooded with it already :p

I get that it's not really major, because Luthor was taking care of evidence and paying people to lie and so on. It just felt like a poor decision, no point taking unnecessary risks.

bryanee

I don't know if its been mentioned.

Not strictly related to the DCEU but Noel Neill died on Sunday at the age of 95. She played Lois Lane in the Adventures of Superman along side George Reeves. RIP.

a916

I don't know if its been mentioned.

Not strictly related to the DCEU but Noel Neill died on Sunday at the age of 95. She played Lois Lane in the Adventures of Superman along side George Reeves. RIP.

RIP

Also he oozes charm. Something DCEU could always use more of, as Dwayne Johnson sits on the sidelines.

guek

Banned
Lol, bullet that is only made by LexCorp vs deploying guns using standard 5.56 nato and 7.62 warsaw ammunition. The latter would assuredly be more difficult to trace considering the world is flooded with it already :p

I get that it's not really major, because Luthor was taking care of evidence and paying people to lie and so on. It just felt like a poor decision, no point taking unnecessary risks.

That's kinda how I felt about sending back those checks with the antagonizing writing. What if Bruce had seen that a week earlier and gone to investigate? We do get a cool moment of Bruce freaking out internally though, so there's that at least.

Penguin

That's kinda how I felt about sending back those checks with the antagonizing writing. What if Bruce had seen that a week earlier and gone to investigate? We do get a cool moment of Bruce freaking out internally though, so there's that at least.

I feel like it was intended to be a slowburn with the "You let your family die" being the final dagger

Though it does beg the question why he didn't look for it the first time Wallace was arrested and kept shouting "I work for Bruce Wayne"

Ahasverus

There are some contrievances yeah, some of the plan was based on luck, but that's how CBMs work. It's not as farfetched as Hank Pym manufacturing a rumor involving like 7 people to talk to each other with the exact words at the exact time he needed to reach the exact person he needed.

Lex's is one of the most solid I could say, I mean, he had an emergency exit anyway.

guek

Banned
There are some contrievances yeah, some of the plan was based on luck, but that's how CBMs work. It's not as farfetched as Hank Pym manufacturing a rumor involving like 7 people to talk to each other with the exact words at the exact time he needed to reach the exact person he needed.

Lex's is one of the most solid I could say, I mean, he had an emergency exit anyway.

Hank Pym didn't rely on chance though, he bribed his cleaning lady. That one is pretty straight forward.

But yes, you're right, there is some suspension of disbelief required to make most movies work.

Hank Pym didn't rely on chance though, he bribed his cleaning lady. That one is pretty straight forward.

But yes, you're right, there is some suspension of disbelief required to make most movies work.

The problem is, how did Hank know it would get to Michael Pena's character? It's a pretty convoluted game of telephone that is played up for comedy instead of logic.

The problem is, how did Hank know it would get to Michael Pena's character? It's a pretty convoluted game of telephone that is played up for comedy instead of logic.

yeah and it ended up being one of the better things about the movie. it's just a gag, the whole crux of the film doesn't hinge on such a thing.

word of the job would have gotten to lang's ears one way or another. i don't even like the movie much but cutting the Pena stuff out in favor of a more straight-forward and 'logical' method would have sucked imo.

yeah and it ended up being one of the better things about the movie. it's just a gag, the whole crux of the film doesn't hinge on such a thing.

word of the job would have gotten to lang's ears one way or another. i don't even like the movie much but cutting the Pena stuff out in favor of a more straight-forward and 'logical' method would have sucked imo.

oh no no no I wholeheartedly agree he's the best part of the movie, and I would never want it removed, it's just that that scene had no logical purpose. Similarly, the Lex bullet plotline isn't logical to the story, but it highlights how many resources he has. And the letter scenes really just play up the drama.

If you overanaylize these things, you'll never enjoy a movie.

yeah I didn't mind the letter scene either honestly. I actually liked how concerned Bruce was about him getting his cheques when he saw him on the news. Stuff like that and the metropolis scene showed that there were times in the Snyder-verse where he was still a good-hearted man (man I sound corny as fuck haha)

my suspension of disbelief takes a huge hit with Bruce not knowing anything about Superman though (especially after Lois finding out fairly easily in Man of Steel). I still can't buy that 'rage blinded him' excuse. But I can see they needed him to be ignorant of Superman in order to further the plot, the whole movie would have to be rewritten otherwise. that kind of stops me from loving this movie but I like it much more than I did in theaters now. Probably my favorite Snyder film honestly.

yeah I didn't mind the letter scene either honestly. I actually liked how concerned Bruce was about him getting his cheques when he saw him on the news. Stuff like that and the metropolis scene showed that there were times in the Snyder-verse where he was still a good-hearted man (man I sound corny as fuck haha)

I agree, it helps sell that Bruce wasn't completely hardened yet. Made the heel turn a bit softer a landing than it would have been.

guek

Banned
Oh thank God it only involved 6 impossible coincidences instead of 7.

What impossible coincidences? Pym gave her instructions. The chain was also 4 people long. The girl told her boyfriend to tell Luis's cousin who told Luis. The only step out of his direct control was the last which yes, required a little luck, but it's not as far fetched as you're desperate to make it.

The problem is, how did Hank know it would get to Michael Pena's character?

Because he was spying on Scott and his friends.

To be clear, I wasn't actually ragging on the notes. I actually liked that bit despite the unnecessary risk Lex was taking. It's a movie, I don't mind suspending disbelief a little for a cool scene. The bullet thing was far more contrived but that plot point didn't even go anywhere significant.

What impossible coincidences? Pym gave her instructions. The chain was also 4 people long. The girl told her boyfriend to tell Luis's cousin who told Luis. The only step out of his direct control was the last which yes, required a little luck, but it's not as far fetched as you're desperate to make it.

To be clear, I wasn't actually ragging on the notes. I actually liked that bit despite the unnecessary risk Lex was taking. It's a movie, I don't mind suspending disbelief a little for a cool scene. The bullet thing was far more contrived but that plot point didn't even go anywhere significant.

No, I know you're not ragging on it, and I'm not ragging on the Ant Man scene either, it just still required a healthy heaping of Movie Luck, just as a great deal of BvS required.

Ahasverus

It Requires that a bunch of crooked people to only tell highly valuable information to the right people, and nobody else, just in time for Scott to have a lapse in conscience just during Pym's vacations time.

It IS an impossible coincidence AND I don't care, it was funny and worked.

Cinema Sins proof style gives us halfbaked explanations when if the pieces are right it's better for us to fill in the holes, I mean, I can /feel/ the bullet stuff has a point, I can't see it and it's probably a hole, but the way the movie is presented I can't help but keep searching for answers, like I can't see them but Lex could.

The plot point ended in Lois having legal proof of Lex's involvement in terrorism and at the end of the movie it's what let them capture him (the newspaper says "Lex Luthor arrested in Capitol Bombing case"). Same with Antman, it's Hank Pym, he probably is such a genius and said the exact things needed for his plan, and it was needed for Scott to get the suit.

The logic is faaar reaching, but the emotional response is there. It's the important thing.

Effect

Are we in for round 2 of Jena Malone/Dan Ambroyer, who are they playing hype?
Yeah I don't think people really cared that much about Ambroyer. People were really curious about Jena Malone's character. I do wonder if her character could show up again though give how important Star Labs is to both Cyborg and now Flash. Should could also be a go to now for Lois for other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom