• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahasverus

If they're a no name with their characters not announced they are probably playing tree No.3.

So many Kiler Crocs and Riddlers were casted in the Nolan trilogy.

So, as y'all probably know, I'm like 110% on board with Skwad, but I do have one wish for it that seems like it's going to go unfulfilled: I really hope they do justice to Killer Croc. Dude's gone through a fascinating period in the comics recently, going from random muscle-thug to an actual sympathetic antivillian in a very short period. I hope they capture some of that newfound character depth in the movie, though I'm not really expecting it.

Sucks to be youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

j/k

giphy.gif

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Kenzo! We have to let Batman walk through Berlin, so that movie gets tax refunds and starts a week earlier here!

Shall I write the letter to the ministry of culture or do you want to?

Kenzo! We have to let Batman walk through Berlin, so that movie gets tax refunds and starts a week earlier here!

Shall I write the letter to the ministry of culture or do you want to?

Going to every sneak preview two weeks before the NA release is probably easier..

I need to get me a friend who works in the movie theatre.

Ahasverus

The only bad feeling I have about Squad is that it won't give me a satisfactory Bman vs Joker confrontation and he's going to be treated as a regular thug. Rumor has it the focus of the Batman scene is Harley, which sucks, who cares about Harley vs Batman.

IconGrist

The only bad feeling I have about Squad is that it won't give me a satisfactory Bman vs Joker confrontation and he's going to be treated as a regular thug. Rumor has it the focus of the Batman scene is Harley, which sucks, who cares about Harley vs Batman.

I'd rather it just be a tease for now. Save the juicy stuff for the standalone. Otherwise you run the risk of harming the SS stuff in its own movie.

Ahasverus

I'd rather it just be a tease for now. Save the juicy stuff for the standalone. Otherwise you run the risk of harming the SS stuff in its own movie.
Of course I didn't expect an epic face off, but I wanted /something/, remember Batman became cruel because of the last time he saw the Joker so I supposed there was going to be a bit of emotional impact in their confrontation, but apparently there isn't. It's ok, let's see what the movie plot brings. Film looks awesome.

Penguin

I like the Doomsday shot because when you think about it, really the first time Superman has had to look up to something.

I love how everyone still keeps spelling his last name with two G's, even when there's official images right there in front of them showing it only has one. It happens every time online. Haha.

Dawn of Justice is definitely the best shot cape movie in a long time, if not ever (shit one of the best shot blockbusters in a while period)

http://imgur.com/a/ncVsM

Fong shot the heck out of this film. My only grief is that the home releases don't have IMAX scenes in 16:9 ratio. During the fight between Bats and Supes, some of the cropped IMAX shots don't look as good as when I watched the film in theater imo, which is a shame.

strafer

Fong shot the heck out of this film. My only grief is that the home releases don't have IMAX scenes in 16:9 ratio. During the fight between Bats and Supes, some of the cropped IMAX shots doesn't look as good as when I watched the film in theater imo, which is a shame.

this makes me sad

Fong shot the heck out of this film. My only grief is that the home releases don't have IMAX scenes in 16:9 ratio. During the fight between Bats and Supes, some of the cropped IMAX shots don't look as good as when I watched the film in theater imo, which is a shame.

Sometimes I wonder how Nolan swings it to get IMAX scenes in his home video releases. It's my understanding Skyfall never released with the IMAX ratio, or at least it's what I've been waiting for to fill out my Bond 25 pack. On the other end you have Gravity that gets a silent space edition.

Fuck IMAX, it being a factor into butchering BvS TC makes me fume. Let the tech mature and not be a pain in the ass.

Fuck IMAX, indeed. I'm actually glad that Snyder decided not to use IMAX for JL. Not a fan of the changing ratio tbh. But cropped IMAX shots to 2.40:1? Even worse, especially when the framing isn't prioritized for the widescreen aspect ratio. If a film is shot in IMAX for some scenes, it's home release should at least have those scenes in 16:9.

strafer

Fuck IMAX, indeed. I'm actually glad that Snyder decided not to use IMAX for JL. Not a fan of the changing ratio tbh. But cropped IMAX shots to 2.40:1? Even worse, especially when the framing isn't prioritized for the widescreen aspect ratio. If a film is shot in IMAX for some scenes, it's home release should at least have those scenes in 16:9.

say that to the IMAX The Dark Knight opening. So amazing.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of cinematography, how good is the DoP for JL? I haven't seen any work from him.

Never seen any of his work, but I'd be surprised if it was anywhere close to Fong. Then again, Snyder is still directing so I'm sure it will look good.

Speaking of cinematography, how good is the DoP for JL? I haven't seen any work from him.

Go watch Game of Thrones if you haven't. He did some of the best looking episodes...which were also just some of the best episodes of the show, too. Fabian Wagner worked on episodes 6 and 7 of season 4, episodes 7 and 8 of season 5, and episodes 9 and 10 of season 6.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
is it normal for a movie to have this many producers?

4CDEMHn.png

Lol, half of those people have nothing to do with the movie. George Miller? He'll probably be seeing it when it releases...same way Nolan did nothing for BvS.

The DoP for Wonder Woman....Matthew Jensen is his name. He did Chronicle and Fantastic Four, haven't seen those. Any good? I thought it was going to be Hoyte.

Ahasverus

Charles Roven though
The DoP for Wonder Woman....Matthew Jensen is his name. He did Chronicle and Fantastic Four, haven't seen those. Any good? I thought it was going to be Hoyte.
Very pedestrian tbh. But so looks Suicide Squad so I guess there's no problem with it. Only Snyder movies are going to look crazy.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Charles Roven though

Very pedestrian tbh. But so looks Suicide Squad so I guess there's no problem with it. Only Snyder movies are going to look crazy.

Yeah, not digging the look of SS. It isn't bad, but not as great either. WW is too soon to tell. So far for the director driven movies, at least in that regard I would have liked for them to do something similar.

IconGrist

From what we've seen of WW it looks to have that accentuated blue visual signature that was prominent in Superman Returns and that Hansel and Gretel movie that Jeremy Renner was in. Hate that look.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
From what we've seen of WW it looks to have that accentuated blue visual signature that was prominent in Superman Returns and that Hansel and Gretel movie that Jeremy Renner was in. Hate that look.

Tbf from what they released so far, they were shooting for a few months. Post-production should give it a different look. Whether it will become better...who knows.

Recent casting rumors for JL have Colin Farrell (previously rumored for Constantine), Michiel Huisman (Daario 2.0), and Charles Dance (Tywin, glass eye guy in Last Action Hero)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom