• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks. Frank Grillo isn't captivating enough to be a major villain. If he's cast in one of these rather he be a henchman or a character of less screentime. Marvel got it right tbh

Jonogunn

No thanks. Frank Grillo isn't captivating enough to be a major villain. If he's cast in one of these rather he be a henchman or a character of less screentime. Marvel got it right tbh

I totally disagree. He would be a great grounded street level baddy for Cap. Perhaps pair him up with a bigger baddy boss but I really enjoyed the small interaction between him and Cap in Civil War. I wanted to see more of it. Plus crossbones vs cap had been great in the comics.

IconGrist

I watched an interview with him recently and he had a lot of charm. He could do well in a role that gives him an opportunity to shine.

I watched the Ultimate Cut again, but this time in proper 1080p. It makes me sad that this isn't a better film, because it is easily one of the most gorgeous films I've ever seen, and I've seen a shit ton of them.

guek

Banned

I don't think he's been given a big enough role to prove he can't handle it. I've enjoyed him in everything I've seen him. He was at least better as Crossbones than Callan Mulvey as KGBeast, though Crossbones was admittedly much more of an actual character.

It's gonna be weird watching Mulvey in the elevator scene in Winter Soldier after seeing BvS.

The branded merchandise of Suicide Squad still seems really weird to me

It aint my style but it feels on point for the market they're targeting.

Really hope they bring the goods to SDCC. And I hope they aren't so stupid they wouldn't put it up online after showing it. After last year's fiasco and subsequent hissy fit, I doubt they'd do it again. They need all the goodwill they can muster.

I don't think he's been given a big enough role to prove he can't handle it. I've enjoyed him in everything I've seen him. He was at least better as Crossbones than Callan Mulvey as KGBeast, though Crossbones was admittedly much more of an actual character.

nope. I don't see that at all. They're both in their respective movies to just look like a couple of badasses/muscle for the bad guys. And there's nothing wrong with that, they served their purpose well. Crossbones gets a couple more lines out that's about it.

And Grillo did have a lead opportunity in Purge Anarchy and he was not bad. But if I was WB I'd be like "hmm...lets get Jon Bernthal instead" lol.

Penguin

This is such a bad-ass figure

CmxUqmyXgAIYdzQ.jpg

CmxUrHpXYAAa_mi.jpg

https://store.na.square-enix.com/pr...stice-play-arts-kai-wonder-woman?sf30453731=1

I liked KG Beast in his minor role and wouldn't mind if they straight copied the horribly burnt > comic accurate costume transition of Crossbones. Reoccurring theme of the UC where you see him hovering around in scenes added tension. And his exaggerated accent is great. Drrrrop it. I'll keeel her.

Effect

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda worried about the OST for Justice League. Mad Max had like one cool track (Brothers in Arms) and maybe the MM theme. Other than that it wasn't anything special. Deadpool was just some noise with nothing special to it. All his other work isn't really giving me confidence. I wonder if he will be able to pull it off on his own. Wish they at least got a solid replacement for Zimmer to collaborate with Junkie XL. Stuff like Beautiful Lie, Day of the Dead, this is my world, not action oriented but more emotional. That is Zimmer, expecting we won't be getting similar stuff (at that level) for JL.

Not to mention he has to do: Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman and the JL theme. Good luck...

I liked KG Beast in his minor role and wouldn't mind if they straight copied the horribly burnt > comic accurate costume transition of Crossbones. Reoccurring theme of the UC where you see him hovering around in scenes added tension. And his exaggerated accent is great. Drrrrop it. I'll keeel her.

Yeah he was a cool henchman. People like this guy and grillo have a pretty mean look to them. Just gotta have them stand around and look menacing to bolster the strength of the bad guys haha.

Honestly I'll take his accent over the twins in avengers 2. When I realized that was what I was gonna have to endure for the next 2 and a half hours it was pretty scary lol. Thank God they reined it in for cap 3.

IconGrist

Kinda worried about the OST for Justice League. Mad Max had like one cool track (Brothers in Arms) and maybe the MM theme. Other than that it wasn't anything special. Deadpool was just some noise with nothing special to it. All his other work isn't really giving me confidence. I wonder if he will be able to pull it off on his own. Wish they at least got a solid replacement for Zimmer to collaborate with Junkie XL. Stuff like Beautiful Lie, Day of the Dead, this is my world, not action oriented but more emotional. That is Zimmer, expecting we won't be getting similar stuff (at that level) for JL.

Not to mention he has to do: Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman and the JL theme. Good luck...

Zimmer did the all the JL themes. Junkie will just be building off his work for the movie and whatever original tracks he composes.

That beautiful lie motif they use when Bruce is running into the dust in the metropolis sequence.....whew. That and the junkie xl batman theme that plays when he gets his mean mug on really boosts the scene like all good film music should.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Zimmer did the all the JL themes. Junkie will just be building off his work for the movie and whatever original tracks he composes.

Any source for this? Before he did BvS, I know that was the idea. But he never got around to it I think. They did BvS and then he was just done with cbmovies.He did Superman, WW and partly Batman (the 'emotional' part, Junkie was more of the action).

IconGrist

I'm watching Man of Steel (for like the millionth time) and that trucker just tried to shove Clark. Without missing a beat I laughed. I laugh every single goddamn time.

I'm watching Man of Steel (for like the millionth time) and that trucker just tried to shove Clark. Without missing a beat I laughed. I laugh every single goddamn time.

Also when that fisherman saved Clark from the trap and said "you're gonna get yourself killed" haha

IconGrist

One thing I just noticed is after Superman destroys the World Engine and he's drained (powerless), reaching towards the sun, the track playing is also in BvS when Superman is looking at the pics of his mother Lex throws at him. Where he also feels powerless. Nice touch.

Edit: Another tidbit. Zod and Superman have a stand off at a construction site. Superman uses his heat vision to prevent Zod from hitting him with construction material. In Superman II, they also have a standoff at a construction site where Superman uses his heat vision to prevent Zod from hitting him with construction material.

Do Hot Toys have a Wonder Woman figure?
Yup: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-wonder-woman-hot-toys-902687/

I would love that Knightmare Batman but aren't they like $250?
Yup. :/
If they were way cheaper or I was rich, I'd consider buying them. But either way, I'm hesitant to pay more than maybe $30 for a single figure.

Personally, I'm sticking to Mattel's DC Multiverse for my DCEU figure fix. $20 each, more characters, and faster output. I already have Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Harley Quinn (jacketless version). I'll be picking up Deadshot, Diablo, and Rick Flag soon, and then Katana, Boomerang, and the purple coat Joker once those are out. There are also Aquaman, Lex Luthor, Armored Batman, Knightmare Batman, silver suit Joker, gown Harley, jacket Harley with mallet, Suicide Squad Batman with breathing mask, and the Bat Creature from that short cemetery nightmare shot. I'll get some of those eventually, too.
If anyone is interested in getting a Batman from them, I'd recommend getting the Suicide Squad version of Batman over the Dawn of Justice one. They have the same body, but the Suicide Squad version comes with two heads (regular and breathing mask), both of which are improved over the original, and he also comes with a bunch of accessories (Batarangs, grapnel gun, handcuffs), which the Dawn of Justice one lacked altogether. He also comes with the torso for the Killer Croc build-a-figure of the Suicide Squad line.

There was a debate whether he did it intentionally to throw off suspicion or was aloof for a moment. Fact that the guy could push him implies it's the former.

Or maybe superman was so fuckin classy and such a fuckin gentleman that he decided to let the fisherman think he saved him from it.

guek

Banned
But if I was WB I'd be like "hmm...lets get Jon Bernthal instead" lol.
"Too late,suckas!" - Jeph Loeb probably
The ridiculousness of this would make me laugh so hard

Raptor

Or maybe superman was so fuckin classy and such a fuckin gentleman that he decided to let the fisherman think he saved him from it.

Yeah Im going with this one myself, looked that way, trying to blend in as noob too, I have done that myself a few times.

Nice stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom