• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
They'll probably bitch about how she's not in her red and black outfit and how skimpy everything she wears is. Quite foreseeable. :p

More like how she is not a strong, powerful, independent woman. And how she is constantly following Joker, the abuse etc. All that stuff. You bet on it.

antovolk

Not really... BvS screened early too but was under embargo, the local press seeing it days before the movie launches is pretty much the same thing they did with BvS.

If anything, it's a bit worrying.

BvS screened a week early for critics with embargo the day after the fan screenings. This is much earlier than BvS.

Local press is exactly the same though, yes. People already having hissy fits over ST Beyond only having big junket screenings and not local press ones lol

IconGrist

Diana has good taste.

Cm8fVkNWAAAhGW5.jpg

Action #1, Detective #31, Detective #27, and Superman #1

Not really... BvS screened early too but was under embargo, the local press seeing it days before the movie launches is pretty much the same thing they did with BvS.

If anything, it's a bit worrying.

I remember Jon Schnepp saying a couple weeks ago in an episode of Collider Heroes that he heard some bickering between the studio and Ayer. From what I surmised, the point of conflict was what version of the film to release. Ayer wants his cut while the studio or some exec wants to put out an alternate version of the film that they approve of. Schnepp said he heard that the "Ayers" cut won, so I'm inclined to believe maybe WB is just nervous about his version of the film. Especially how the critics destroyed BvS, it could be that they are just extremely paranoid about early reviews. I have blind faith in Ayer so if we are really getting his cut of the movie then I'm not concerned.

IconGrist

I remember Jon Schnepp saying a couple weeks ago in an episode of Collider Heroes that he heard some bickering between the studio and Ayer. From what I surmised, the point of conflict was what version of the film to release. Ayer wants his cut while the studio or some exec wants to put out an alternate version of the film that they approve of. Schnepp said he heard that the "Ayers" cut won, so I'm inclined to believe maybe WB is just nervous about his version of the film. Especially how the critics destroyed BvS, it could be that they are just extremely paranoid about early reviews. I have blind faith in Ayer so if we are really getting his cut of the movie then I'm not concerned.

If Ayers cut didn't win a couple of weeks ago it sure as hell has won now that people have been screaming at WB for fucking with BvS.

a916

Did he say that? I remember him talking about it but then Schnepp got side tracked talking about something else?

I was going to tweet him hoping he could finish that thought, but I must've missed it. So that's what he was talking about. For being such a director driven film division, they should be living/dying on that.

If Ayers cut didn't win a couple of weeks ago it sure as hell has won now that people have been screaming at WB for fucking with BvS.

Watch now, the WB version of SS being the better one and we scream at WB for not believing in themselves.

Ashhong

Has any of you guys taken the time to read the obituary in BvS? It mentions that Clark is an all-star reporter who's won some kind of writer's prize twice now, the only person at the Planet to do so. Doesn't really jive with Perry giving him sports. Maybe it's not considered canon? At one point the obit actually repeats the first few paragraphs lol

J_Viper

WB is truly lost if they were gonna pull this shit again.

Do they not learn?

IconGrist

Excuse the double post but one of the IGN guys confirmed the Suicide Squad set visit embargo lifts at 10am PT tomorrow.

Edit: Beaten and no double post!

Ahasverus

I remember Jon Schnepp saying a couple weeks ago in an episode of Collider Heroes that he heard some bickering between the studio and Ayer. From what I surmised, the point of conflict was what version of the film to release. Ayer wants his cut while the studio or some exec wants to put out an alternate version of the film that they approve of.
notoDisuShitoAgen.jpg

Ashhong

Just finished Justice league unlimited. I hope Superman has the super Saiyan "no more holding back" moment in the DCEU that he has in this vs Darkseid. That was baller.

What series should I watch next? Preferably one on Netflix but others are an option. Teen Titans?

Also anybody else prefer Hal over John? I found John boring most of the time...

Just finished Justice league unlimited. I hope Superman has the super Saiyan "no more holding back" moment in the DCEU that he has in this vs Darkseid. That was baller.

What series should I watch next? Preferably one on Netflix but others are an option. Teen Titans?

Teen Titans is fun, though there's plenty of bleh episodes everyone seems to forget about when they're busy frothing at the mouth over the mere mention of Teen Titans Go.

Young Justice is alright, and on Netflix. I'm quite partial to Green Lantern the Animated Series and Beware The Batman, though Netflix doesn't have them. Batman The Brave and the Bold is good, but you kinda need to be into campy era Batman.

Otherwise, may as well watch all the animated movies.

Ninjimbo

Quick, give me your thoughts on the episode where Superman is flung into the future and grows a beard. And your thoughts on "For The Man Who Has Everything".

If you haven't seen it, I would recommend Batman Beyond because it's awesome. I'm very partial to that Batman suit.

As for Hal vs John, I first heard of Green Lantern through Justice League so...John. Hal seems like the kind of guy you see in a bunch of comic books while John, even if he's a little bland, feels a little more unique to me. To be honest, I don't know much of anything about the Green Lanterns. I just know they made for rad episodes in the JL cartoons and the movie First Flight was pretty dope at the time I saw it.

I should've watched Bruce Timm's GL series when it aired. I heard noting but good things about it.

Ashhong

Quick, give me your thoughts on the episode where Superman is flung into the future and grows a beard. And your thoughts on "For The Man Who Has Everything".

If you haven't seen it, I would recommend Batman Beyond because it's awesome. I'm very partial to that Batman suit.

As for Hal vs John, I first heard of Green Lantern through Justice League so...John. Hal seems like the kind of guy you see in a bunch of comic books while John, even if he's a little bland, feels a little more unique to me. To be honest, I don't know much of anything about the Green Lanterns. I just know they made for rad episodes in the JL cartoons and the movie First Flight was pretty dope at the time I saw it.

I should've watched Bruce Timm's GL series when it aired. I heard noting but good things about it.

I don't have to great of a memory but I remember enjoying both of those. seeing supes return with that beard was awesome. And then when he had to give up his son in the future was heartbreaking. That and the episode with Batman/Ace were probably the most emotional ones I can remember.

What I do know is I much preferred the episodes with the original 7 in then, especially The Flash. Black Canary is hot and all but the side characters bored me. Hal is like Wally, which I like, and John is kinda like Clark which is ok...

I'm thinking just a big focus on the three movies coming out, and how much fun JL will be, like the set visit last month. I don't think we'll hear anything about future movies except maybe Batman. Would be cool to find out why Flash's director followed Channing Tatum along with the other DC actors right before he announced his role. Looks like gambit is pushing forward though...

bryanee

Green Lantern is great and so is Beware the Batman but both of those show take a few episodes to reaaally get going. Young Justice is fantastic.

And as was said above, watch the animated movies. There are quite a few of them.

strafer

Green Lantern is great and so is Beware the Batman but both of those show take a few episodes to reaaally get going. Young Justice is fantastic.

And as was said above, watch the animated movies. There are quite a few of them.

I thought meant the movie for a second there and I was about to go nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom