• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frosty just posted a WB Comic Con update on Twitter. Conan O'Brien will be moderating.

Wonder Woman will be there with Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Connie Nielsen, and Patty Jenkins.

Suicide Squad will also have a panel with Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Viola Davis, Jai Courtney, Jay Hernandez, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Scott Eastwood, Cara Delevingne, Adam Beach, Karen Fukuhara, and David Ayer.

strafer

Frosty just posted a WB Comic Con update on Twitter. Conan O'Brien will be moderating.

Wonder Woman will be there with Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Connie Nielsen, and Patty Jenkins.

Suicide Squad will also have a panel with Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Kinnaman, Davis, Courtney, Hernandez, Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Eastwood, Delevingne, and more.

Oh god no.

The source comes from this BusinessWire article for WB's Comic-Con lineup. It also includes a synopsis for Wonder Woman:

“Wonder Woman” hits movie theaters around the world next summer when Gal Gadot returns as the title character in the epic action adventure from director Patty Jenkins. Before she was Wonder Woman, she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, when an American pilot crashes on their shores and tells of a massive conflict raging in the outside world, Diana leaves her home, convinced she can stop the threat. Fighting alongside man in a war to end all wars, Diana will discover her full powers…and her true destiny.

Joining Gadot in the international cast are Chris Pine, Connie Nielsen, Robin Wright, David Thewlis, Danny Huston, Elena Anaya, Ewen Bremner and Saïd Taghmaoui. Jenkins directs the film from a screenplay by Allan Heinberg and Geoff Johns, story by Zack Snyder & Allan Heinberg, based on characters from DC Entertainment. Wonder Woman was created by William Moulton Marston.

Source?

Heinberg wrote an arc of WW ~6 or 7 years ago that was pretty good.

SDCC Press Release

What those two said.

Additionally,

“Suicide Squad” stars Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Viola Davis, Jai Courtney, Jay Hernandez, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Scott Eastwood, Cara Delevingne, Adam Beach and Karen Fukuhara, along with writer/director David Ayer.

The Rope Guy Cometh

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Story by Zack Snyder.

Someone please make a thread with only that part in the OP. Pretty please.

strafer

Story by Zack Snyder.

Someone please make a thread with only that part in the OP. Pretty please.

x6bhDGq.gif

Dead

well not really...yet
Wasn't it Zack's idea to set it in the past (originally talked about Crimean War, then WWI).

Either way, was obvious from the start he had more influence over WW than he did Suicide Squad, since he is directly producing WW himself with his wife.

IconGrist

Wasn't it Zack's idea to set it in the past (originally talked about Crimean War, then WWI).

Either way, was obvious from the start he had more influence over WW than he did Suicide Squad, since he is directly producing WW himself with his wife.

This makes it sound like WB was uninterested and the Snyder's had to pay just to get it made.

jett

D-Member
The source comes from this BusinessWire article for WB's Comic-Con lineup. It also includes a synopsis for Wonder Woman:

A story by Zack Snyder huh.

Semi-related, but what exactly possessed WB to give Snyder this much control and influence over their brand? Was there no one else? Did he kill the competition in a gladiator arena?

Penguin

Interesting looking into Heinberg and seems like he was involved in the Wonder Woman series "Amazon" that was pitched to the CW a few years ago.

Wonder if that's why was picked for the movie since guess kind of origin film.

Semi-related, but what exactly possessed WB to give Snyder this much control and influence over their brand? Was there no one else? Did he kill the competition in a gladiator arena?

Eh his story ideas so far have been interesting imo. I just think the execution has been lacking. This one only has his story credit and no goyer too.....

Pretty crazy how there is no fuchs in that press release. That must mean they scrapped the fuch out of it.

IconGrist

Snyder ideas being executed by Patty Jenkins doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

Dead

well not really...yet
Eh his story ideas so far have been interesting imo. I just think the execution has been lacking. This one only has his story credit and no goyer too.....

Pretty crazy how there is no fuchs in that press release. That must mean they scrapped the fuch out of it.
Fuchs script must have been scrapped when McLaren left I'm guessing.

I hated how Johns wrote Wonder Woman in the first few volumes of New52 Justice League, but she was great in Darkseid War so I'll remain cautiously optimistic about the screenplay.

IconGrist

I hated how Johns wrote Wonder Woman in the first few volumes of New52 Justice League, but she was great in Darkseid War so I'll remain cautiously optimistic about the screenplay.

Yea, Diana in JL was such a different character than the one in her own book. A much worse one than the one in her own book.

Effect

Reposting.

Hmm. For all the hate that might start appearing watch it come out that Zack Snyder is the reason this movie finally got made because he and his wife were pushing it through. Wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be the case. He's on the story team and both he and his wife are producers on this I believe. We know WB had been dragging it's feet for years, decades, on getting anything Wonder Woman live action out the door be it a film or another tv series. Along comes Snyder and boom a Wonder Woman movie, before another Batman film and apart of the first batch along with appearing in Snyder's second DC film.

jett

D-Member

Snyder ideas being executed by Patty Jenkins doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

As someone that has seen the full extent of Snyder's creative prowess, i.e. Sucker Punch, I challenge the notion that his ideas are interesting.

Effect

As someone that has seen the full extent of Snyder's creative prowess, i.e. Sucker Punch, I challenge the notion that his ideas are interesting.

t's actually an interesting concept. For all that film's faults or faults of Snyder trying to get what he wanted across with the film, the creative idea behind it wasn't the problem. Now that being said I think people are to hard on that film and like everything Snyder people go over the top, especially with this one. There are some people that I've come across have never actually seen the film but like to join in on the bashing of it to so it continues to spiral. Now advertising for the film when it first came out is indeed misleading but it's also a hard film to preview without giving away the plot and twist of the film. So that is what it is.

Ross61

Hating Zack Snyder is just so irrational to me. To make disgusting comment about him nd his family because of your disdain of his movies is just pitiful.

hamchan

Hating Zack Snyder is just so irrational to me. To make disgusting comment about him nd his family because of your disdain of his movies is just pitiful.

I think there are plenty of people that dislike him and his films and don't bring his family into it.

Ninjimbo

Why are you pointing to his most interesting idea? :p

Seriously though, Sucker Punch should be seen as an MGS2 type of experience where the product is far too clever for its intended audience. It stumbles in some places but its heart is in the right place.

Ashhong

Jokers tattoos being originally from sharpie markings made by Harley is genius. Makes me not hate damaged now. It actually makes sense and is pretty cool

I'm gonna hate it if they actually go through with the Joker torturing Harley into insanity instead of manipulating her with his words. All I can do is hold the hope out that the Joker is all set to torture her then stops and goes "had you fooled for a second, didn't I" which causes Harley to burst out into laughter.

Ashhong

Oh..just realized in the article the sharpie tattoos were only an idea originally. Since Harley is in her doctor outfit there and Joker has his tats that doesn't seem to be the case...

Now I'm disappointed

Oh..just realized in the article the sharpie tattoos were only an idea originally. Since Harley is in her doctor outfit there and Joker has his tats that doesn't seem to be the case...

Now I'm disappointed

Yeah I was about to say, that was just the genesis of the idea. They're still try-hard tattoos haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom