• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
4xfA3IM.jpg

Penguin

Set reports are dropping

Found this interesting, wonder if kept something similar

Joker’s tattoos are one of the first noticeable differences Ayer and Leto brought to the character, and some of the early designs worked from the idea that Quinn would scribble on Joker with a sharpie while he was “out of it” at Arkham. This idea, like many others on the production, evolved over the course of development. A recurring theme on set seemed to be Ayer’s willingness to change and alter things—he wasn’t married to an idea simply because it was worked out months earlier.

While on set, the producers stressed that the film has a tremendous sense of humor as a result of putting this dysfunctional family together.

David Ayer wrote the character of Deadshot for Will Smith.
Deadshot is in his mask for a fair amount of time of the film.

The female-dominated costume department were big fans of this iteration of Harley Quinn, who in many ways is an alpha right alongside Joker, and they started out with a motto for her as a dominant woman: “People like you need to fuck people like me.”
They explored the design of Harley Quinn thoroughly before settling on the final costume, even going so far as to mock up the original jester’s costume.

http://collider.com/suicide-squad-things-to-know/

strafer

Most striking was the character’s signature purple suit, which they originally planned to include, but after Leto signed on and the character evolved, it no longer suited this version of the villain.

People are going to loose their minds!

Vyer

The tats are the only part of this Joker I haven't been a fan of so far, but that is a rather great explanation/origin for them.

Just saw a Spanish commercial for Suicide Squad while my family was watching Univision. It was the same as the English ones, but with the date and stuff in Spanish, and a guy saying the name with an accent. Still cool though.

Interesting blurbs. Spoiler-y ones tagged are stuff not in trailers.

The second unit director is Guy Norris, who worked on Mad Max: Fury Road.

Katana will have her Soultaker sword and yes, she speaks to it.

Katana’s backstory involving her family isn’t explicitly addressed in the film, but the soul of her husband is in her sword and she does have conversations with it.

Scott Eastwood plays a Navy SEAL that’s part of the main mission alongside the Suicide Squad, not a comics character.

Killer Croc has a Bronx accent. Akinnuoye-Agbaje worked with a dialogue coach.

One of the first things costume designer Kate Hawley was asked to work on was Joker’s ring, which is like a papal ring. Some of the Joker’s design was inspired by bespoke Mexican cartel leaders.

There’s a scene in one of Joker’s clubs in which he has gold go-go dancers all wearing Batman masks.

Ahasverus

Are they saying the purple suit was too much for this Joker? And I thought my jokes were bad.

Affleck is going to give us the real Joker in his movie.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I never wanted to have sex with a clown this bad, yet here we are....goddamnit Robbie. She looks so fucking good, it just isn't fair.

GeeTeeCee

How upset are you going to be when he dies 5 minutes into the mission?

...Only to make his miraculous return during the finale, rappelling in from above and saving the rest of the Squad, who floundered without his steadfast support. Even Batman looks upon the might of Rope Guy and despairs, finding himself wanting in comparison.

Believe.

GeeTeeCee

Calling it.
When he peaces out with the grappling shot we've seen in the earlier trailer, that's where Rope Guy's story ends.

That's what I assumed too, as
they specifically show that moment during Flagg's "you die" speech in the trailer. Slipknot probably tries to peace out immediately after landing and gets blown up as a warning to the others. RIP.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So, I can't be the only one who at times forgot his actual name and thought it was actually Ropeguy...right? Right?

At least he showed in the advertisement. Slipknot's the only one with no merchandise...well, I think I saw one tanktop or something. But besides that, nothing. Not even a cheap figurine. Ropeguy's not getting any love. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom