• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna hate it if they actually go through with the Joker torturing Harley into insanity instead of manipulating her with his words. All I can do is hold the hope out that the Joker is all set to torture her then stops and goes "had you fooled for a second, didn't I" which causes Harley to burst out into laughter.

And hopefully after that they will get some ice cream and sing songs while dancing with unicorns.

He's seemingly based on mexican cartel drug lords, seems fitting to have tattoos then

He wears freaking purple suits and puts on clown makeup every day. Tattoos are whatever. They never needed an excuse for it imo. It seems like a pretty normal decision for a take on the character.

The joker is gaudy. That's just his thing.

BFI IMAX tickets bought for the midnight showing!

tumblr_o5i4rycIuM1udh5n8o1_r1_500.gif

Anth0ny

Since BvS came out, I've been obsessed with Superman.

Rewatched the 1978 movie
Rewatched the entirety of Superman TAS
Read All Star Superman and Superman: Secret Identity for the first time, and I'm going through some of the other "classic" Superman comic book stories

Haven't rewatched Man of Steel, but my BvS Extended Edition blu ray will arrive next week. After exposing myself to a bunch of fantastic Superman material over the last couple of months, I wonder what my second experience with BvS will be like.

After watching/reading all of that stuff... I get the feeling that Snyder never has. Or it had no impact on him whatsoever. because his Superman is so fucking different from the one in those stories that I don't even know where to begin.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Euh, you already have enough of the same Superman. Something different can't hurt.

Anth0ny

Euh, you already have enough of the same Superman. Something different can't hurt.

when different is bad, it can hurt

I'd love different and good. I'd be happy with the same and good. but different and bad? that's snyder's superman.

luckily I really enjoyed wonder woman and batman in the film, so overall I enjoyed the film. they carried the entire thing for me. it's a shame I can't say the same about supes.

That's the thing with these characters. You've got over 75 years of history with various writers and interpretations that it's tough to define. Snyder's Superman isn't my ideal Superman from most of my favorite stories but he's in line with a number of other takes, including then canonical ones. And often the versions to my taste are departures from who that character was. Feel Lex Luthor back in the '80s is the best example of that.

All that said, if and when Snyder's Superman isn't weighed down by the burden of being who he is, I see the Superman I like in him. It speaks more to the world to the character. Maybe that's where the JL comes in.

Rewatched the 1978 movie
Read All Star Superman and Superman: Secret Identity for the first time, and I'm going through some of the other "classic" Superman comic book stories

Haven't rewatched Man of Steel, but my BvS Extended Edition blu ray will arrive next week. After exposing myself to a bunch of fantastic Superman material over the last couple of months, I wonder what my second experience with BvS will be like.

After watching/reading all of that stuff... I get the feeling that Snyder never has. Or it had no impact on him whatsoever. because his Superman is so fucking different from the one in those stories that I don't even know where to begin.

I get what you mean. I've found the superman of old a lot more endearing. Personally, aside from that knightmare timeline I think the superman in BvS ultra turbo edition isnt all that bad tho. He's pretty much doing the usual hero shit throughout as well. It's not as jarring a change as man of Steel was (though I gotta say that oil tanker scene was a solid classic superman moment for me)

I really like the approach they took to the worlds view of superman in BvS tho. But I think he would benefit from no longer being burdened by it anymore. Im glad they did it but now its time he just shoulders the responsibility. Justice League will likely be that movie.

The superman we see saving the girl in Mexico, or the oil tanker, or in numerous scenes in returns and the Donner stuff is a top 5 superhero of all time imo

I get what you mean. I've found the superman of old a lot more endearing. Personally, aside from that knightmare timeline I think the superman in BvS ultra turbo edition isnt all that bad tho. He's pretty much doing the usual hero shit throughout as well. It's not as jarring a change as man of Steel was (though I gotta say that oil tanker scene was a solid classic superman moment for me)

For me it's when he cauterizes Lois' wound on the ship where he's that balance of gentle and commanding. There are a handful of moments like that in MoS that make me wish I liked the movie more. All Superman's interactions with Harry Lennix in MoS are great, too. A letdown of BvS is keeping Lennix interacting with Lois. Would've been cool if Lennix had a similar role to Malloy in Secret Identity.

IconGrist

I think I may finally be done with OT about these movies. I just don't find the conversation to be open anymore. Which for me is a shame because I like to talk about them.

Ashhong

Jack O Connell would rock. But man I've been asking for casey red hood since before ben was even being considered for batman.

The dude was incredible in jesse james, best affleck actor too. He gets across that pettiness and jealousy so well.

but yeah i guess if they want him to be in his 20s O Connell is it right there. Also would have liked Michael B Jordan as Dick Grayson but I dunno how this marvel stuff works. i guess because he's in Black Panther he's off limits now? wack.

Press stuff is tonight?

Someone on Twitter was saying they've already seen it, guess it was a shit talker...

I wonder if I'll wake up to praise or critcisms.

There have been people who have seen a cut of the film through test screenings. So the person might have seen it that way. And I think that was only like 6-8 weeks ago or so.

Bleepey

Rewatched the 1978 movie

How different is it?

I suppose it depends on the age of Jason. Mostly been expecting WB would try to get Jack O'Connell if they wanted a Jason in his 20s.
I'm just joking over the Casey thing but he'd be better than Supernatural fans thinking just because Ackles voiced him once means he's a shoe-in for the part.

The guys 38 and he looks it. That means there are about five years between him and Affleck. And yet sure, people want him as someone who was a kid or teenager when working alongside Bruce. If they (and they likely would) go straight to Red Hood Jason then yeah, someone in their 20s is best.

I'm just joking over the Casey thing but he'd be better than Supernatural fans thinking just because Ackles voiced him once means he's a shoe-in for the part.

The guys 38 and he looks it. That means there are about five years between him and Affleck. And yet sure, people want him as someone who was a kid or teenager when working alongside Bruce. If they (and they likely would) go straight to Red Hood Jason then yeah, someone in their 20s is best.

nah I'm not asking for him to pass off as someone in their 20s lol. just suggesting that perhaps Batman hired a Robin that was only a few years younger than him for his first sidekick.

nah I'm not asking for him to pass off as someone in their 20s lol. just suggesting that perhaps Batman hired a Robin that was only a few years younger than him for his first sidekick.
Oh-no, I'm not knocking you for that, I apologize if it came off that way. I'm just really bothered by people wanting that Supernatural guy when he's too old for the role in any believable way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom