• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibbles

I'm pretty sure the selfie that Leto posted had to be JL. Why else?

The movie is wrapped. He's not going to get into character for a selfie.
I've been on Beard-Watch since he posted it to see if it's a recent photo or not because he had a beard in his latest photos before that lol. Of course his latest snap is just his eyes and forehead so I can't tell. >_> He was in Hollywood a few days ago though.

Review from someone who hated BvS @ 17:50 - https://youtu.be/pFd0KU-ZzYs

New Wonder Woman pics.
ryBjdtr.jpg

L6KqlLB.jpg

HCc03kR.jpg

CltMTBt.jpg

I hope those pictures of WW are representative of the look of the film. Otherwise, WB is going to have a mild shit storm on their hands if they show up with footage muted with a blue filter at SDCC.

Interesting fact from the article is how Patty Jenkins met with WB about Wonder Woman in 2005. I knew of Joss Whedon and Paul Feig stories, but never heard that before.

Ashhong

I hope those pictures of WW are representative of the look of the film. Otherwise, WB is going to have a mild shit storm on their hands if they show up with footage muted with a blue filter at SDCC.

They already showed footage from the film they can point to if people complain. These are clearly set pictures, of course it's not going to have the same filters

I could see Croc being underused. He's probably mostly there as the muscle or a character to have a few gruesome scenes tearing people apart, and not have a real story-line.

Wonder if in later movies if it gets one and he appears in it they would go with something in that his mutation gets worse that would require a shift to CGI and not practical effects. Depending on the incarnation, Croc is either a giant hulking mess or a still-humanoid figure like he is in this movie.

I could see Croc being underused. He's probably mostly there as the muscle or a character to have a few gruesome scenes tearing people apart, and not have a real story-line.

Wonder if in later movies if it gets one and he appears in it they would go with something in that his mutation gets worse that would require a shift to CGI and not practical effects. Depending on the incarnation, Croc is either a giant hulking mess or a still-humanoid figure like he is in this movie.

I'd imagine they might stick with the practical effects route. I'm assuming its cheaper but also its not like the actor is so overlaid with makeup etc he can't articulate. MoCap'd CGI etc is amazing but still lacking in that regard, imo. I could see him being in the Batfleck solo film considering the last rumours regarding the plot were that it'd include a lot of Batman villains, guessing a pseudo Knightfall situation = a breakout at Arkham.

I feel short of the film being even longer a few characters feeling under-cooked is almost a necessary evil of this sort of thing. Suicide Squad wouldn't work if it was just Harley, Deadshot, Katana etc. You need some expendables and some who are a little more one note to act as contrast, I think. Plus if Ayer is up for a sequel (heard that he and Smith signed on to a sequel) then it'd be an oppurtunity to redress the balance a bit.

I'd imagine they might stick with the practical effects route. I'm assuming its cheaper but also its not like the actor is so overlaid with makeup etc he can't articulate. MoCap'd CGI etc is amazing but still lacking in that regard, imo. I could see him being in the Batfleck solo film considering the last rumours regarding the plot were that it'd include a lot of Batman villains, guessing a pseudo Knightfall situation = a breakout at Arkham.

I feel short of the film being even longer a few characters feeling under-cooked is almost a necessary evil of this sort of thing. Suicide Squad wouldn't work if it was just Harley, Deadshot, Katana etc. You need some expendables and some who are a little more one note to act as contrast, I think. Plus if Ayer is up for a sequel (heard that he and Smith signed on to a sequel) then it'd be an oppurtunity to redress the balance a bit.
True, the effects seem fine, I'm just saying it from curiosity because Croc kind of goes both ways in what he'll be like. Like in the Arkham Games, in Origins he's Croc but still has a human type of appearance and Batman can take him hand to hand since this is Batman's early years, in Asylum he's larger and Batman needs to use gadgets and in Knight he's practically a mini Godzilla.

You have a point. I'm fine with some characters missing out on an arc because if you tried giving everyone their story in a movie that has about six to eight main characters, you're going to be left in something of an issue trying to fulfill it. Not to mention some are villains and some are good guys, so it can't be a type of superhero sense where all arcs can be wrapped up by beating the bad guy and getting some sort of closure from that.

But I think that having the focus being on Harley, Deadshot, Katana and maybe Waller works fine because we'll still have all of these side characters to be established. I'm not expecting Croc or Boomerang to have proper arcs, but I know they will get a lot of screen-time and their own badass moments to establish them firmly as characters.

Croc in SS is just another notch in the belt of practical > CGI for prominent foreground characters. CGI on big huge monsters and humanoids just isn't there yet. If they wanted him bigger I'd rather they use camera tricks and computers to make the practical actor look bigger than to CGI it up. They should have done that for doomsday. They should do that for darkseid

Pachimari

I just hope that nobody dies in Suicide Squad. Well, Ropeguy is a given but...

Also want to see Poison Ivy and Riddler in a Batffleck movie.

strafer

I just hope that nobody dies in Suicide Squad. Well, Ropeguy is a given but...

Also want to see Poison Ivy and Riddler in a Batffleck movie.

It's not really. We don't know anything about the destiny of the characters, for all we know all of them could make it.

Suicide Squad tickets are now on sale in the US!

One theater nearby that has fancy reclining seats has tickets for $7.25 (2D) to $9.25/$10.25 (3D) for the morning and afternoon on premiere date, as well as reserved seating. That theater is also never busy. I'm so watching it there. Those reclining seats are super comfy.

Ropeguy better have a rope-related death. Have him scale down a wall only for Harkness to have a boomerang bounce off a surface and slice his ropes in half leading him to fall a few dozen feet.

Also quick question. Do we know if the squad are fitted with any equipment designed to explode or shock them if they act out?

SlipknotRopeguy has practically unbreakable ropes he created himself! I'm not sure if boomerangs could break them!

...anyway, they have small explosives in their necks, just like in the comics and animated stuff.

SlipknotRopeguy has practically unbreakable ropes he created himself! I'm not sure if boomerangs could break them!

...anyway, they have small explosives in their necks, just like in the comics and animated stuff.
Ah, right, thanks for the answer! Maybe Ropeguy gets blown up to show the squad and the audience what happens if you act out.

Ahasverus

I love it. The BvS is basically the battle-worn and faded version of the one we'll see in the Wonder Woman movie. Makes me wonder if Justice League will have the BvS one or if Diana will have the costume fixed up to look back to normal and like the past version.
According to the set visit reports, it's a very bright red.

Ahasverus

Let me guess, in the game Batman will be an incredible stoic badass who punches guys till almost death while throwing one liners and will mamage to incite sexual desire to every woman around, while overcoming impossible odds with his witt.

Yawn.

I'm a bit tired of Batman, it's like writers turned him into a Mary Sue. In fact, BvS villain Batman might be the first one I care for since TDKR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom