• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleepey

Let me guess, in the game Batman will be an incredible stoic badass who punches guys till almost death while throwing one liners and will mamage to incite sexual desire to every woman around, while overcoming impossible odds with his witt.

Yawn.

I'm a bit tired of Batman, it's like writers turned him into a Mary Sue. In fact, BvS villain Batman might be the first one I care for since TDKR.

Let's hope he gently electrocutes pedestrians to sleep before he runs them over, you know, for safety. I think the Batman game is missing a Gargoyle or two.

I'm excited for the Telltale game (then again I play pretty much all Telltale games). I like the idea that you can choose to handle situations as Bruce Wayne or Batman plus the Telltale styling makes me hope for less punching and more detective work. I can't blame people for always going back to him for ideas. Batman's an easy superhero to market. For some reason the gaming industry is highly tentative towards actual superpowers to the point the best Flash/Superman game going around is Saints Row IV.

Tabby

Japanese Suicide Squad trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEgDR1TrVGs

Also, Wonder Woman costume comparison:
3tbhb3W.png

Good lord. She's beautiful, the costume is beautiful, this movie is going to be beautiful.

bryanee

Let me guess, in the game Batman will be an incredible stoic badass who punches guys till almost death while throwing one liners and will mamage to incite sexual desire to every woman around, while overcoming impossible odds with his witt.

Yawn.

I'm a bit tired of Batman, it's like writers turned him into a Mary Sue. In fact, BvS villain Batman might be the first one I care for since TDKR.

He's coming for you

https://youtu.be/KpATD31mrLc?t=2m4s

You can never have enough Batman.

I really hope WB isn't pulling a Star Wars Celebration 2016 Panel at Comic-Con. No fucking reason to show the stuff only to the audience there.

They showed us the sizzle reel thrice. THRICE!

GeeTeeCee

I really hope WB isn't pulling a Star Wars Celebration 2016 Panel at Comic-Con. No fucking reason to show the stuff only to the audience there.

They showed us the sizzle reel thrice. THRICE!

Remember how pissy WB got when they were "forced" into releasing the leaked Suicide Squad footage last year?

We ain't getting shit.

Remember how pissy WB got when they were "forced" into releasing the leaked Suicide Squad footage last year?

We ain't getting shit.

Yeah, and then they released the teaser and they saw that it got more attention than BvS Comic-Con trailer.

views8tu02.png

They would be incredibly dense to not release everything after the panel. Fuck those executives. They don't know shit. I am a fan, too.

GeeTeeCee

Yeah, and then they released the teaser and they saw that it got more attention than BvS Comic-Con trailer.

views8tu02.png

They would be incredibly dense to not release everything after the panel. Fuck those executives. They don't know shit. I am a fan, too.

I fully agree, though I imagine said braindead execs will want to prioritise the fans who paid an obscene amount of money to get into Comic Con over us freeloading normals. Even this brief wait for the new Rogue One trailer is killing me.

Rooster12

Yawn.

If the villain turns out to be the Joker I'll never play another Batman game again

GeeTeeCee

That Enchantress clip feels pretty spoilery, and I don't think they needed to show it. Probably the first marketing misstep Suicide Squad has made for me so far.

Psykoboy2

Yawn.

Batman will remember that.

Effect

That Enchantress clip feels pretty spoilery, and I don't think they needed to show it. Probably the first marketing misstep Suicide Squad has made for me so far.

It certainly does feel that way and I wish I hadn't seen that. Though I'm sort of glad that I did because it does appear they're
going full magic with her
. It's one thing to have that said and another to actually see it and that makes me really happy.

The Alamo Drafthouse put tickets out today and the #squadhype looks real. There are already several showings that are 50%+ sold. That's roughly where both BvS and Civil War were a week before showings started. Doesn't compare to the madness of the last Star Wars, of course.

Suicide Squad doesn't have IMAX 2D option nor one of the premium economy screens...dang. Begrudgingly going with 3D then.

I'm going with regular 2D in Epsom.

I would like to go BFI but its 3D only as you said...and i hate 3D. It makes me feel awfully headachey. At least in town its just a bus ride, short walk and £12 for a ticket as opposed to £12 travel, £25 ticket :p

Does anyone know if JL will be shot in IMAX(2D) at all?

I want that screen real estate for the money shot of the group.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going with regular 2D in Epsom.

I would like to go BFI but its 3D only as you said...and i hate 3D. It makes me feel awfully headachey. At least in town its just a bus ride, short walk and £12 for a ticket as opposed to £12 travel, £25 ticket :p

Does anyone know if JL will be shot in IMAX(2D) at all?

I want that screen real estate for the money shot of the group.

No IMAX for JL.

Which is bullshit.

Just got my Suicide Squado tickets for Thursday the 4th. Super hyped, can't wait. :)

Whoever handled the promotions and advertising should be retained for future DC movies. They're doing a better job than what was used for BvS.

To be fair, I feel like Suicide Squad is a much easier film to promote than BvS. You can only have fun with the ads to the extent of the tone of the movie. It wouldn't make sense to have a goofy ad campaign for BvS because the movie itself had a very serious tone. That being said, you're 100% right, make sure they handle all future marketing campaigns and give them a raise WB!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna be seeing SS in Vegas on the 5th. I almost didn't want to go to Vegas just because I wanted to make sure I was going to be able to see the movie opening night. The guys I'm going with are down to see it Friday afternoon, so that takes care of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom