• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this kinda weird thing with TDK.

I always think the movie ends at the hospital and Joker blowing it up and walking into the bus. But then it goes on and everytime I am surprised.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
As big of a Batman fan as you are I just don't see how that's possible, lol. But whatever floats your boat.

I almost cried in the theater both times, Caine delivered. Still getting goosebumps watching it.

And I'm weird too.

IconGrist

I almost cried in the theater both times, Caine delivered. Still getting goosebumps watching it.

And I'm weird too.

I guess I'm weird too since I like Snyder Superman. I'm told a lot I don't understand Superman if I like this version so I think, "Am I out of touch?" Then they say Singer got it right and I fall into the "No, it is the children who are wrong" camp.

I guess I'm weird too since I like Snyder Superman. I'm told a lot I don't understand Superman if I like this version so I think, "Am I out of touch?" Then they say Singer got it right and I fall into the "No, it is the children who are wrong" camp.

I also like Snyder Supes. I want that motherfucker to struggle, and then earn his fame.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

I think liking Superman is the wrong thing to do in the first place.
too easy, but I had to.

I almost forgot: bought tickets for Suicide Squad opening night! Loved the BvS one: some hardcore fans. A lot of Superman shirts, no Batman iirc. The crowd reaction when Wonder Woman showed up was something else, people went nuts. And this is the Netherlands, where those things never happen and are frowned upon as being 'weird'.

I also like Snyder Supes. I want that motherfucker to struggle, and then earn his fame.

Getting his ass kicked by Batman certainly helps. Now the rest of the Justice League has to do the same thing and he is golden.

And Superman fans in tears, but ehh. You win some, you lose some.

Odoul

MOS Supes was fine to me. ANd I've never been too fond of the Donner/Singer interpretation,

I also loved STAS.

I think I'm a fan of Superman/Clark that feels like normal guy and Superman is sort of his sidejob instead of the paternalistic figure that sort of thinks he's better than the rest of humanity.

I've never been a huge comic reader so maybe that's it.

IconGrist

too easy, but I had to.

I almost forgot: bought tickets for Suicide Squad opening night! Loved the BvS one: some hardcore fans. A lot of Superman shirts, no Batman iirc. The crowd reaction when Wonder Woman showed up was something else, people went nuts. And this is the Netherlands, where those things never happen and are frowned upon as being 'weird'.

Getting his ass kicked by Batman certainly helps. Now the rest of the Justice League has to do the same thing and he is golden.

We'll give you BvS since Supes hands Batman his ass in every canonical fight ever done.

On the subject of audience reactions I get no such thing here. It's very irritating because I think I'm the only goofball internally losing my shit but then I go online and hear "my crowd went nuts" and I'm envious.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
We'll give you BvS since Supes hands Batman his ass in every canonical fight ever done.

On the subject of audience reactions I get no such thing here. It's very irritating because I think I'm the only goofball internally losing my shit but then I go online and hear "my crowd went nuts" and I'm envious.

*insert Joker laugh*

Man, BvS was a gift from heaven on multiple levels. And yeah, I think your best shot is to go to night openings when all the hardcore fans are there. They are more open to that sort of stuff and probably can't contain themselves. Like I said; it never happens here in the Netherlands. That was one of the few times I had that happen to me. And I go to the theater a lot.

Tom Hardy is the best anything.

Have you seen Locke?

Sure did, really liked it. Best BMW commercial ever!

No but seriously, I know he was interested in other DC movies. Wonder what they'll end up giving him. Fucking Revenant, that movie was not worth it to lose him in SS.

*insert Joker laugh*

Man, BvS was a gift from heaven on multiple levels. And yeah, I think your best shot is to go to night openings when all the hardcore fans are there. They are more open to that sort of stuff and probably can't contain themselves. Like I said; it never happens here in the Netherlands. That was one of the few times I had that happen to me. And I go to the theater a lot.

Sure did, really liked it. Best BMW commercial ever!

No but seriously, I know he was interested in other DC movies. Wonder what they'll end up giving him. Fucking Revenant, that movie was not worth it to lose him in SS.
I rather have Tom Hardy in another role then Rick Flag honestly

Yager

Banned
too easy, but I had to.

I was going to reply something witty and fun, but I realized it's not worth it. I just hope that some day, you'll join us in the sun.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I rather have Tom Hardy in another role then Rick Flag honestly

True, but still. Would have been great. If only we had the original cast (Gosling as Mr. J and Tom Hardy as Rick Flagg). I like what we have now, but still wondering how that would have been. I would certainly be even more hyped. I'm still not sure how the chemistry between Joker and Harley will be, that is essential. Gosling has chemistry with a phone book when he is on screen, he would have killed it with Margot Robbie as HQ.

I was going to reply something witty and fun, but I realized it's not worth it. I just hope that some day, you'll join us in the sun.

But the DCEU doesn't like the sun, we in that Batdarkness.

Bleepey

Very true. I mean when I hear a lot of the criticisms to Supes and Bats I don't think they hold water. it's like people have romanticisied notions of these characters that don't really exist outside of the animated series and even then, don't hold water.

Look at how people complained about Cavill not smiling or killing Zod and Superman would never kill. Yet look at Superman 2, Reeve killed Zod it was OK, I guess he should have bragged to the world to look at Zod's snapped neck and smiled whilst doing it.

Or about the many times batman has killed from his inception to the fact he has killed in way more film incarnations than not.

Oh and before I forget look at how people criticised the damage in MoS when very little of it is caused directly by Superman or the claims Superman never saved anyone. Whilst we are at it, people complained about the motivations for Batman , Lex and Superman despite it being explained in the trailers. Oh and then people would say stupid shit like "in the world's finest movie, it was clearly explained that Superman doesn't like Bats cos he's brutal and unaccountable, whilst Batman doesn't like Superman cos reasons" Meanwhile in BVS they turn it up to 11, Superman hates Bats cos not only of his brutality but because people live in fear of Batman. Batman hates Superman cos of a build up of events, the collateral damage in metropolis, getting in his way and finally the bombing.

People can find the movie boring, but I feel people cling to reasons to hate on the movie.

Woops sorry guys apparently this dude is known for giving fake reviews. He had a lot of posts there and people seemed to trust him, but people on SHH posting receipts of him making fake Star wars and BvS reviews. Gah, sounded pretty much what I'd expect too.

I fell for it too like a dummy.
OptimalThoseFoal-size_restricted.gif

Woops sorry guys apparently this dude is known for giving fake reviews. He had a lot of posts there and people seemed to trust him, but people on SHH posting receipts of him making fake Star wars and BvS reviews. Gah, sounded pretty much what I'd expect too.

The SHH/BvS stuff was so cringy. Like random people were flooding that BoxOffice thread and asking him the same question multiple times, all the while buffering it with "I don't believe you because of the Star Wars stuff". It felt more like "he's not answering our questions quickly enough, therefore he's fake".

Kibbles

That Joker pic Jared posted the other day must've been old because he has a full beard as seen here today. Wah wah wah.
tumblr_oaf0hnXKab1shxv8yo2_400.jpg

Best dc performance over a series of films is caine's Alfred and Oldman's Gordon

Runner up to Christian Bale and Chris Reeves

In any one movie its gotta be Ledger by a landslide I think. Eckhart did really good too but man that joker.

I think best of the snyder dc films so far is definitely Michael Shannons Zod.

And Tom Hardy won for dropping out of suicide squad for revenant. He was so great in revenant and rick flag looks like the dullest character of the squad. Would have been a waste of his time.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
What is the best score though. It's from Zimmer, no doubt about that. But which one. I think MoS score is GOAT.

IconGrist

I love the MoS score but I think there was better variety in the BvS score. It was only missing the actual Superman theme from MoS.

What is the best score though. It's from Zimmer, no doubt about that. But which one. I think MoS score is GOAT.

Nahh I think Williams and elfman did damn good work too.

My favorite is probably batman returns. And then batman begins and superman and then man of Steel.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I love the MoS score but I think there was better variety in the BvS score. It was only missing the actual Superman theme from MoS.

That is what makes the MoS score better. No track is wasted and every single one is a pleasure to listen to. From the sad lullaby, violin to the majestic and grand Flight theme, to the Zod/Arcade epicness. It had it all. Zimmer did not hold back.

But then again he gave us Beautiful Lie and the WW theme in BvS. But TDKR had Why do we fall? I'm gonna miss him so, so much :(

Nahh I think Williams and elfman did damn good work too.

My favorite is probably batman returns. And then batman begins and superman and then man of Steel.

Williams theme lacks the punch that a Superman theme should have and the rest of the OST is boring. Elfman's theme is good for the first minute or so, once it picks up it also becomes incredibly generic. Zimmer>>>>>>

Are we doing a Squad deadpool? Or is it too obvious at this point? Whatever the case, here is my final prediction list.

Deadshot:
Lives
Harley Quinn:
Lives
Joker:
Lives
Amanda Waller:
Lives
El Diablo:
3rd to Die
Enchantress:
Dies 4th
Rick Flag:
Lives
Katana:
Lives
Captain Boomerang:
Lives
Slipknot:
Lives for five seconds and then 1st to bite it. :(
Killer Croc:
Dies 2nd

IconGrist

Are we doing a Squad deadpool? Or is it too obvious at this point? Whatever the case, here is my final prediction list.

Made one minor change.

Deadshot:
Lives
Harley Quinn:
Lives
Joker:
Lives
Amanda Waller:
Lives
El Diablo:
3rd to Die
Enchantress:
Lives
Rick Flag:
Lives
Katana:
Lives
Captain Boomerang:
Lives
Slipknot:
Lives for five seconds and then 1st to bite it. :(
Killer Croc:
Dies 2nd

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

Sure.

Deadshot:
Dies
Harley Quinn:
Dies
Joker:
Dies
Amanda Waller:
Dies
El Diablo:
Dies
Enchantress: