• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if your prediction is probably the correct one Icon. Also curse you INST, I clicked
Slipknot
first, thought you lost your mind, then clicked the rest one by one which caused me to break out in laughter. Jerk.

fvrxTYi.gif
Loving all the high quality gifs! Now we know
the context of the "GOT A BOYFRIEND?" comment from the trailer.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't be surprised if your prediction is probably the correct one Icon. Also curse you INST, I clicked
Slipknot
first, thought you lost your mind, then clicked the rest one by one which caused me to break out in laughter. Jerk.

Loving all the high quality gifs! Now we know
the context of the "GOT A BOYFRIEND?" comment from the trailer.

Ropeguy will survive and save the DCEU.

Remember that Suicide Squad Android/iOS game I posted about before? It turns out it's also on PC and Mac! It's completely free. I just got the PC version. I've been playing the Android version since last night, and it's very fun.

http://specialops.suicidesquad.com/

Edit: 'Suicide Squad: Special Ops' is a Shockingly Good Movie Tie-In Game that's Actually 100% Free

And here's the thread for it I made last night: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1246797

Some shots I took of the PC version:

IconGrist

https://youtu.be/11XUMlY7BpY

What do you lot think of her opinion. I sorta agree with her. I think Lex's problems weren't sex appeal but the theatrical release Had its problems and things like Lex or the Martha moment were things people could latch on to.

She was one of like two people I've seen that liked the TC better than the UC. Her outlook on things can be a bit iffy sometimes. Like her fascination with Gal Gadot's hair. It's about 60% of what she focuses on when talking about her Wonder Woman.

Ahasverus

Oh my God, that SS track.. Is this real life? It's like it came from Shirley Walker herself. It almost feels like it doesn't mix with the Suicide aesthetic, but still, I guess the movie will make it work.

So apparently Patty Jenkins wanted to make Wonder Woman since 2003! And she's very happy with the current result. It seems that it's simple too. Look.
“When I made Monster and they asked me what I wanted to do [next], I immediately said, ‘I want to make Wonder Woman,” says Jenkins, during a break from production on the Leavesden set of her dream job. “Everybody knew I wanted to make a superhero movie.”

“Part of the reason I’m in such a good mood is this is the movie I’ve wanted to make my entire life,” she says. “I feel so grateful that I get to be able to do this.”
Hype

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
She was one of like two people I've seen that liked the TC better than the UC. Her outlook on things can be a bit iffy sometimes. Like her fascination with Gal Gadot's hair. It's about 60% of what she focuses on when talking about her Wonder Woman.
Yeah, Grace tends to focus on some odd things when doing her reviews. Her last Wonder Woman vid was mostly about the hair and makeup of Gal, and I'm sitting there like, "Who the fuck cares??" I don't even notice shit like that.

Ninjimbo

Oh my God, that SS track.. Is this real life? It's like it came from Shirley Walker herself. It almost feels like it doesn't mix with the Suicide aesthetic, but still, I guess the movie will make it work.

So apparently Patty Jenkins wanted to make Wonder Woman since 2003! And she's very happy with the current result. It seems that it's simple too. Look.

Hype
Best news I've heard all day.

I want Steven Price to help with Justice League and other films moving forward. I don't know who is more responsible for the BvS soundtrack, but outside of Beautiful Lie, I thought it was garbage. So I'd welcome Price joining Junkie to tackle that project.

Ashhong

That free 5$ gift card basically makes the movie gift cards 20% off. Not bad

And that book case looks awesome......if I didn't have such a hard-on for steel books I would get that

Anyone who says such a thing goes to the bottom of my trustworthy list and climbs the top of my talks-out-of-his-ass list.

He was pretty spot on about how bad the reception to BvS was gonna be though. It wasnt a statement shrouded in fanboy wankery like faraci tends to do either.

Ninjimbo

He was pretty spot on about how bad the reception to BvS was gonna be though. It wasnt a statement shrouded in fanboy wankery like faraci tends to do either.
He just threw gasoline on the wildfire that was going on. I don't really like McWeeny all that much anyway. Hearing him review BvS on the slashfilm podcast was one of the more annoying bits I had to put up with.

guek

Banned
Drew's write up after being lynched over that and how fanboys tend to take any negative criticism of their favorite properties personally was on point. You don't have to like him or agree with him but he sure as hell aint no Faraci.

anaron

I want Steven Price to help with Justice League and other films moving forward. I don't know who is more responsible for the BvS soundtrack, but outside of Beautiful Lie, I thought it was garbage. So I'd welcome Price joining Junkie to tackle that project.
his joining SS is one of the most exciting things for me in the DCEU because a) I love his work and b) we need more composers like him.

kmfdmpig

Don't know why some would hate on Drew. He was right about BvS in the end.

He was right about BvS not being well received and not doing as well as WB hoped it would, but his notion that WB would go scorched earth on the entire DC slate and rethink everything was dramatically overstated/wrong.

He was right about BvS not being well received and not doing as well as WB hoped it would, but his notion that WB would go scorched earth on the entire DC slate and rethink everything was dramatically overstated/wrong.

And that was just his opinion on what might happen and it's not entirely ridiculous. Your movie with Batman AND Superman is a divisive mess at best, taking a long hard look at everything coming up on the slate wasn't that big of a stretch.

Warner Bros did go back to the drawing board and it was shown in the weeks following the release of BvS with their internal changes. Executive structure was changed, Affleck got more power, Flash dumped it's director, the abnormal Justice League set visit, dates shuffled and added, talk Cyborg now being tossed into the Flash movie instead of a solo film, Charles Roven being dumped as producer on future films, etc.

In the end, he wasn't far off on anything to be honest.

Ross61

And that was just his opinion on what might happen and it's not entirely ridiculous. Your movie with Batman AND Superman is a divisive mess at best, taking a long hard look at everything coming up on the slate wasn't that big of a stretch.

Warner Bros did go back to the drawing board and it was shown in the weeks following the release of BvS with their internal changes. Executive structure was changed, Affleck got more power, Flash dumped it's director, the abnormal Justice League set visit, dates shuffled and added, talk Cyborg now being tossed into the Flash movie instead of a solo film, Charles Roven being dumped as producer on future films, etc.

Cyborg still has his own film, and the only thing that was abnormal of the Justice League set visit was the information being released this early.

kmfdmpig

I think you're vastly overstating the significance of some of those changes while also underselling the likelihood that some changes will occur naturally when talking about a slate of 5+ films. I mean I could say that the next Marvel movie, X-Men movie, or Disney movie will lead to a massive shakeup over the next 5 films and then tally each change as "proof" that I was right all along.
What McWeeney predicted and what has actually transpired are pretty far apart.

guek

Banned
I think you're vastly overstating the significance of some of those changes while also underselling the likelihood that some changes will occur naturally when talking about a slate of 5+ films. I mean I could say that the next Marvel movie, X-Men movie, or Disney movie will lead to a massive shakeup over the next 5 films and then tally each change as "proof" that I was right all along.
What McWeeney predicted and what has actually transpired are pretty far apart.

Who cares though? He heard, accurately, that the theatrical cut of BvS was underwhelming and reported on it and then gave his thoughts on what might happen if BvS was a trainwreck. It's not like he misrepresented what he had heard or tried to convince everyone what he predicted absolutely was going to come to pass. He gave his thoughts on the future and people went nuts because he had the audacity to have a negative prediction based on the accurate whispers he was hearing at the time. No one can reliably predict the future, and had BvS done even worse at the BO, maybe his prediction would have been more accurate. His credibility is still intact.

McWheeney gave his opinion and other blogs reported it alongside the BvS reception scuttlebutt. Between how click bait trashy some blogs are and the propensity for readers to formulate their take by the title alone, his opinion somehow became the rumor. But I don't believe McWheeney had ill intentions in his reporting.

kmfdmpig

Who cares though? He heard, accurately, that the theatrical cut of BvS was underwhelming and reported on it and then gave his thoughts on what might happen if BvS was a trainwreck. It's not like he misrepresented what he had heard or tried to convince everyone what he predicted absolutely was going to come to pass. He gave his thoughts on the future and people went nuts because he had the audacity to have a negative prediction based on the accurate whispers he was hearing at the time. No one can reliably predict the future, and had BvS done even worse at the BO, maybe his prediction would have been more accurate. His credibility is still intact.

I don't lose sleep over it, so I'm not sure how much I care, but he did use terms like "If I were a betting man", "I'd be surprised if", and "I would be equally surprised" for Justice League shooting on time and with Snyder, and he was wrong on both counts.

It's not like he reported that it was definitely going to happen, or that he staked his reputation on it, so you're right it's a minor thing, but it's something that I think is worth noting when he discusses DC movies in general. If you disagree that's certainly fine as it's not like he was completely out of bounds in predicting that WB would be worried and make some adjustments, albeit much more minor ones than predicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom