• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue with Gal is her accent. I know the character is not American, but after watching Justice League cartoon for the past few months I can't accept Gal's accent. I love Wondies voice in that show. Perfect, and fit the character that was portrayed.
Oh the power of white privilege.

My issue with Gal is her accent. I know the character is not American, but after watching Justice League cartoon for the past few months I can't accept Gal's accent. I love Wondies voice in that show. Perfect, and fit the character that was portrayed.

I really like her accent. She sounds just about perfect. I get the nostalgiac appeal of JL Wondy's voice, but Gal is just fiyah.

IconGrist

Assuming Patty Jenkins didn't just phone it in Gal's accent should enhance the character portrayal rather than be a target. That said, Diana not having an accent in the animated outings always bothered me a bit.

People really still on Gal's case? I hate the internet sometimes, especially after all the shit surrounding ghost busters.

She looks perfect in the WW shots. I wish we got 3 movies a year :(.

Bleepey

I have a genuine question for everyone. Is the 'Gal is too skinny' criticism justified or not? It seems to be the biggest thing thrown against her, with a lot of people saying DC just want a hot Wonder Woman and not a more accurate one who should be more built because she's an Amazon. Maybe there is some truth to it but it bothers me the more I see it, especially with Gal making an effort to put muscle on.

I don't think it's unfair. This is Wonder Woman not Scarlet Witch she has to look like she could fuck up Batman or Superman's shit.

a916

People really still on Gal's case? I hate the internet sometimes, especially after all the shit surrounding ghost busters.

She looks perfect in the WW shots. I wish we got 3 movies a year :(.

There's a degree of rational worrying inside Gal Gadot and her as Wonder Woman. She's never had to carry a movie, she'd not a proven actress. These are legit worries.

She doesn't need to be oscar calibre in Wonder Woman, but she has to be good enough where it's not a hinderance in the movie. She just has to sell us on her being Wonder Woman.

Ahasverus

Please don't bring this dumb shit in here
It's a valid point. It's not that she's impaired or not easily understandable, she just sounds funny, so what, the same would happen with a 3000 y.o. amazonian.
If I had it my way, Temischyra would have its own dialect with subtitles, Apocalypto style :p

Now, it's weird that WW is being touted as a "coming of age" story when Diana is 3000 y.o. already. She's not a girl lol

Odoul

I just got a recommended video on my PS3/Youtube from Cracked.

Apparently Batman and Superman need to become public domain because they belong to everybody.

Bleepey

I guess its a good thing it looks like she could fuck their shit up, especially after BvS.
I came round to her but my point was it's not totally unfair that women are held to high standards for comic book roles. I know as a man testosterone helps with building muscle and stuff, that said ladies can bulk up.

bryanee

I came round to her but my point was it's not totally unfair that women are held to high standards for comic book roles. I know as a man testosterone helps with building muscle and stuff, that said ladies can bulk up.

She has bulked up. The internet did its reactionary thing that tends to happen. No one really give her any kind of chance to put some muscle on for the role. It was just straight to the skinny comments and its still happening despite her looking great in the role.

IconGrist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQEa3Ie5vI0

DC seems to really bring out the stupid in people.

I'm not even a full minute into the video and this is me:

1449628303-britney-wtf.gif

And I believe that's a CM Punk shirt, and while understandably unfair, there's just no way I'm giving anything he says credence because of it.

Ashhong

It's a valid point. It's not that she's impaired or not easily understandable, she just sounds funny, so what, the same would happen with a 3000 y.o. amazonian.
If I had it my way, Temischyra would have its own dialect with subtitles, Apocalypto style :p

Now, it's weird that WW is being touted as a "coming of age" story when Diana is 3000 y.o. already. She's not a girl lol

? What does that have to do with white privilege?

Anyway, I got my Steelbook in today. Ordered the Superman version but guess what? The spine matches up with the Batman side. You just flip the case over to get the other cover. The only difference is how they plastic wrap it with the stickers I'm guessing. Might as well keep this one instead of going in and exchanging for the Batman.

IconGrist

"If DC wants us to continue liking Batman and Superman even after Snyder is done drowning them in human skulls..."

Lol, I wasn't aware what Snyder does changes their comic interpretations which are currently being very well received.

Ahasverus

Cracked is part of the clown hate crusade against the DCEU, like, they literally have to rush it to the ground in every article they write. Don't bother.

ReiGun

There's a degree of rational worrying inside Gal Gadot and her as Wonder Woman. She's never had to carry a movie, she'd not a proven actress. These are legit worries.

She doesn't need to be oscar calibre in Wonder Woman, but she has to be good enough where it's not a hinderance in the movie. She just has to sell us on her being Wonder Woman.

Agreed, but I think we crossed the line for "rational" a while ago. People have dissected this woman in a way I have not seen for a comic book casting, and a lot of it has been really mean spirited.

Loxley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQEa3Ie5vI0

DC seems to really bring out the stupid in people.

Funny how they're not beating the public domain drum for Captain America, who Marvel has been making bone-headed decisions with for quite a while now outside of the MCU. I get that Cracked ran out of shit to write lists about like five years ago and their site is running on fumes at this point, but come on guys -_-

Why the hell they're acting like Snyder is now Supreme Creative Commander of All Things Superman and Batman ...I just don't get. It's like they're deliberately ignoring they're comic book characters as well. Someone should go and tell them about Court of Owls or All Star Superman - DC has plenty of solid talent creating interesting stories for both of these characters. Heck DC told one of it's most interesting stories regarding Superman just last year in Action Comics.

Plus the Superman Rebirth comics have been well-received so far so...yeah they don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

kmfdmpig

Cracked is part of the clown hate crusade against the DCEU, like, they literally have to rush it to the ground in every article they write. Don't bother.

Ironic that they only exist as a fairly obvious rip off of Mad Magazine (run by DC). It seems akin to people working at Stix hating on Pringles while being oblivious of the fact that they only exist as a copy.

Dead

well not really...yet
Reminder, tomorrow is the release of:

For 4K bros, the full Snyder DC-Verse out in 4K:

ULHRhf3.jpg
dRi8zTe.jpg
sgoEeS2.jpg

oh, and:

psEBqbK.jpg
q3XfTa2.jpg

For Collectors:

Digibook @ Target

lCSukV3.jpg

Steelbook @ Best Buy

2JD6CuG.jpg

guek

Banned
When do you guys think we'll get a trailer for Wonder Woman? Surely before the end of the year, right? I'm thinking right around when Dr Strange comes out.

IconGrist

When do you guys think we'll get a trailer for Wonder Woman? Surely before the end of the year, right? I'm thinking right around when Dr Strange comes out.

I would be utterly shocked if we don't have a trailer released at SDCC this week with it then being put in front of Suicide Squad.

Ahasverus

I think we'll see footage at SDCC but not an official trailer that's used as a preview before movies
It's less time from now to WW than it was from last year's CC to SS. DC is NOT letting the opportunity to attach a Wonder Woman trailer to Suicide Squad pass.

guek

Banned
I would be utterly shocked if we don't have a trailer released at SDCC this week with it then being put in front of Suicide Squad.

It's less time from now to WW than it was from last year's CC to SS. DC is NOT letting the opportunity to attach a Wonder Woman trailer to Suicide Squad pass.

They're gonna have a trailer ready to go for Suicide Squad.

If there aint no trailer this week, I'm never lettin you three forget I was right!!

and when it does come out this week, I'll pretend I've agreed with you three the whole time

IconGrist

If there aint no trailer this week, I'm never lettin you three forget I was right!!

and when it does come out this week, I'll pretend I've agreed with you three the whole time

Well I get off easy with the, "Well I, for one, am utterly SHOCKED!"

ULHRhf3.jpg
dRi8zTe.jpg
sgoEeS2.jpg

oh, and:

psEBqbK.jpg
q3XfTa2.jpg

For Collectors:

Digibook @ Target

lCSukV3.jpg

Steelbook @ Best Buy

2JD6CuG.jpg

Just to piggyback, the Target edition has a lenticular cover (holographic). Goes from Superman to Armored Bats. Got to see it in person today, and it's pretty neat.

Too early for Batman movie title and date reveal?

I'd love for DC to go ham and just do a blowout of every upcoming movie, with release dates, directors, writers, the whole shebang. But sadly I don't think WB has learned that all hype is good hype. Wish they were more like Marvel in that regard.

BTS of the warehouse scene shows even more action than what we knew of. Batman tosses a goon up into a hanging i bar on his way towards leaping over the box.

ULHRhf3.jpg
dRi8zTe.jpg
sgoEeS2.jpg

oh, and:

psEBqbK.jpg
q3XfTa2.jpg

For Collectors:

Digibook @ Target

lCSukV3.jpg

Steelbook @ Best Buy

2JD6CuG.jpg

Haven't seen BvS ultimate cut yet, but I plan on watching it when I do a DCEU binge right before Suicide Squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom