• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
60 minutes = 1 hour
120 minutes = 2 hours
180 minutes = 3 hours
300 minutes = 5 hours

That's a lot of crying. Maybe get a hobby or something, haha.

Welp, why did I think 20. Probably because of the 300m/3 hours. It's been a long day.

120 minutes of crying it is!

Did any other SS tracks leak?

Corpsepyre

Banned
13770253_10153619460371759_874861657419256396_n.jpg

Soooo... I'm hella confused by the steelbook edition. I got 4 discs in here. Two with the UE label, one without, and the dvd. Got home to see which was which, and it makes no damn sense. Both UE discs seem identical. What the hell is the difference? And then the unlabeled bluray disc is the theatrical cut AND the special features. Why are these discs not labelled with what they are, WB?

My head is full of fuck....

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Soooo... I'm hella confused by the steelbook edition. I got 4 discs in here. Two with the UE label, one without, and the dvd. Both UE discs seem identical. What the hell is the difference? And then the unlabeled bluray disc is the theatrical cut AND the special features. Why are these discs not labelled with what they are, WB?

movie2smart4u

Does it not say on the cover?

Soooo... I'm hella confused by the steelbook edition. I got 4 discs in here. Two with the UE label, one without, and the dvd. Got home to see which was which, and it makes no damn sense. Both UE discs seem identical. What the hell is the difference? And then the unlabeled bluray disc is the theatrical cut AND the special features. Why are these discs not labelled with what they are, WB?

3D maybe?

obviously gonna be justice league footage. they definitely have enough filmed to show for a little reel.

also maybe some casting announcements. preferably flash and batman movie details. if ethan hawke is barry's dad and mcconaughey is reverse flash...whew. too much for me. pipe dream honestly.

Not that surprising, DC also had the best presence at SDCC me thinks.

I just hope they won't do any exclusive footage...

obviously gonna be justice league footage. they definitely have enough filmed to show for a little reel.

also maybe some casting announcements. preferably flash and batman movie details. if ethan hawke is barry's dad and mcconaughey is reverse flash...whew. too much for me. pipe dream honestly.

Would be nice if they show the Flash/Batman scene.

antovolk

If they show any JL stuff it'll be that Batman/Flash scene at most IMHO.

But yeah, JL cast appearance obviously, probably some first look stills, maybe some announcements for release dates etc?

IconGrist

All I want out of SDCC this year is a Wonder Woman trailer and confirmation of a new Superman solo movie. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

antovolk

Silly question

Assume Pacific Time?

Yeah.

As for whether they release footage online - it really depends on what they bring. For them to release everything online, whatever they bring has to be fully ready for public consumption, VFX-wise especially, well timed relative to film release, and appropriate amount of content.

So that does rule out ANY JL footage of any sort, a full 2-3 min WW trailer or reel (but a teaser at this stage is good and in fact what I'm expecting - debut it at the panel, release online, then have it theatrically with SS), or any footage looks further ahead. Anything they have for Skwad (say a first clip) they'll drop online for sure probably.

As for WB's other films at the panel - full Fantastic Beasts trailer for sure I think, a new Lego Movie trailer too, possibly a Kong Skull Island teaser, and hopefully a Dunkirk teaser too (apparently they finished putting it together a few days ago)

Ashhong

Steelbook in the US?

I only had 3 disks. And the book itself only has spots for 3. Did you get an extra UE disk lol

antovolk

Effects won't have to be finalized. I can't even remember the last time that was the case.

they obviously don't but they have to look presentable and, as James Gunn puts it, stand up to all the pauses and rewinds. For trailer releases they often have to fast-track specific shots (not necessarily finalise them but have them in a presentable state) once the trailer cut is locked. For one-time only con reels (SDCC, CinemaCon etc), they just don't bother.

I still think we get the Bruce and Barry scene at SDCC. The only effects in the scene are Barry catching the batarang which I'm sure could be polished up to passable in the weeks since it was shown to the press.

antovolk

I still think we get the Bruce and Barry scene at SDCC. The only effects in the scene are Barry catching the batarang which I'm sure could be polished up to passable in the weeks since it was shown to the press.
Will they release it online though - no way. This is a timing issue rather than VFX issue.

Did anyone get the Target BvS digibook? That's probably my favorite of the covers, and the artbook is a nice bonus.

Just curious about the quality of the case itself - looks pretty nice in pictures but their Force Awakens case was cheap garbage.

Penguin

So nose to the ground, some folks are getting e-mails about early screenings

And Suicide Squad is hosting a contest via Snapchat/Twitter on ways to win an advanced screener for your city on August 3rd.

movie2smart4u

Does it not say on the cover?

Since it was the steelbook, the cover itself has nothing. The cardboard sleeve with the usual bluray banner says bluray + DVD + digital copy. No mention of a 3d bluray copy on the packaging or on Best Buy's website.

3D maybe?

I did try the discs in my Xbox, so it's possible. The discs themselves didn't have the 3d bluray icon on then though.

Best Buys around my area are sold out of the steel book. Have to wait another week. Underestimated the shipment and demand.

They sold out fast. I had mine as an in store pickup. Glad I did. My work is also out of the digipack edition, but those are less likely to get back in stock.

Steelbook in the US?

I only had 3 disks. And the book itself only has spots for 3. Did you get an extra UE disk lol

Yup, US steelbook. Case has spots for 4 discs, I just have no clue what the discs are haha.

Did anyone get the Target BvS digibook? That's probably my favorite of the covers, and the artbook is a nice bonus.

Just curious about the quality of the case itself - looks pretty nice in pictures but their Force Awakens case was cheap garbage.

That's because the Target TFA copy didn't have a jewel case for the discs, just shitty pockets/sleeves. I regret getting that edition to this day. But nah, Target's BvS edition is a massive improvement.

That's because the Target TFA copy didn't have a jewel case for the discs, just shitty pockets/sleeves. I regret getting that edition to this day. But nah, Target's BvS edition is a massive improvement.

Sounds good, thanks. Was hoping someone would drop the price to $20 for the first week, but the artbook makes it a solid deal at $25.

Followup tweet said it's more than just Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman. Hmmmmm...

If we get both Shazam comic and movie news....

I'll be legit surprised if it's Shazam news, if anything the film has even worse prospects than Cyborg in that most people don't know it even exists. Not really much of a hype factor behind it, and I'm a huge fan of the character. My guess is that it's Justice League news, followed by Batman.

I would love to see Shazam and GL in the first JL though, with some surprise casting announcements. I wouldn't say it's impossible, considering Johns coming on board and how late they added Spiderman to Civil War, both could add "fun" that WB probably wants now. They wouldn't be more than cameos though, considering that you can't just CGI them like you could Spiderman.

Ashhong

So nose to the ground, some folks are getting e-mails about early screenings

And Suicide Squad is hosting a contest via Snapchat/Twitter on ways to win an advanced screener for your city on August 3rd.

Hm I got an email from Gofobo about a mystery screening...

Since it was the steelbook, the cover itself has nothing. The cardboard sleeve with the usual bluray banner says bluray + DVD + digital copy. No mention of a 3d bluray copy on the packaging or on Best Buy's website.

I did try the discs in my Xbox, so it's possible. The discs themselves didn't have the 3d bluray icon on then though.

They sold out fast. I had mine as an in store pickup. Glad I did. My work is also out of the digipack edition, but those are less likely to get back in stock.

Yup, US steelbook. Case has spots for 4 discs, I just have no clue what the discs are haha.

Wait what? The Steelbook from BestBuy? Mine has 3 spots I'm pretty sure. 1 on one side, and 2 on the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC-1Nx6toCc see video, 3 spots...

Hm I got an email from Gofobo about a mystery screening...

Wait what? The Steelbook from BestBuy? Mine has 3 spots I'm pretty sure. 1 on one side, and 2 on the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC-1Nx6toCc see video, 3 spots...

I'm at work, so I can't take a pic, but when you open it, it has a single spot for a disc on the left, and two spots vertical on the right BUT with an extra (I guess you'd call it a) connector up top, so the top spot is layer for two discs, and a lower spot.

Edit: just watched the video. His case has the same little tab, but it's placement is different and he only has 3 discs. Maybe I got a manufacturer error? Either way, I got two bluray discs of the UE, both with different intros for the menu screen. If I actually have a 3d copy by mistake, I'll chalk that up to a win haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom