• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simo

Well WB seem to be doing exactly what I was hoping, which is that all the SDCC footage they're bringing are new trailers finished and ready for public consumption.

They just announced King Arthur for tomorrow so....

I thought they announced King Arthur a couple of weeks ago with the rest of the lineup? EW had some new photos for it and it's something I'm optimistic about so I'm looking forward to that segment and trailer. lol

WB has been pretty good for the last 2 years uploading their SDCC footage with the exceptions of footage that was really early and unfinished. I mean take a look at the Comic Con SS trailer, which is freaking awesome, but it's so tonally different from all the other marketing and trailers officially released for the masses. lol

antovolk

I thought they announced King Arthur a couple of weeks ago with the rest of the lineup? EW had some new photos for it and it's something I'm optimistic about so I'm looking forward to that segment and trailer. lol

WB has been pretty good for the last 2 years uploading their SDCC footage with the exceptions of footage that was really early and unfinished. I mean take a look at the Comic Con SS trailer, which is freaking awesome, but it's so tonally different from all the other marketing and trailers officially released for the masses. lol

As in, they just announced that the King Arthur trailer is coming tomorrow.

And yes, that's precisely why the SS footage wasn't for public consumption.

Simo

As in, they just announced that the King Arthur trailer is coming tomorrow.

And yes, that's precisely why the SS footage wasn't for public consumption.

Oh I gotcha! Awesome! I just saw the King Arthur Comic Con poster right after I posted. lol

Ahasverus

I'm afraid of riding that wave because it hurts when it crashes on you.
tumblr_m6phqxQSu51r2c05t.gif

Pachimari

Oh fuck me, I can't take anymore Harley Quinn. I don't know how to communicate to my body to keep it calm.

Wonderful cover. I love the whole artsy thing going on!

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
You guys better hope Leto Joker murders a bunch of people in SS. Imagine if people figure out Batfleck killed more in BvS than Joker in SS....ohh boy.

Suicide Squad synopsis and new pics.
Suicide Squad follows the events of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and takes place in a post-Superman world where the government tries to determine how to respond in the event that an alien with more villainous intentions visits Earth. Ruthless intelligence officer Amanda Waller (Viola Davis) offers to recruit society’s worst criminals, those possessing lethal skills and superhuman powers. Her first target: the possessed archaeologist June Moone/Enchantress (Cara Delevingne).

When Midway City is threatened by a powerful mystical enemy, Waller’s plan gets the go-ahead. She cuts deals with the whole squad of prisoners: Deadshot (Will Smith) gets his Second Amendment rights ­reinstated, Harley (Margot Robbie) is set free from her cage, Diablo (Jay ­Hernandez) steps out of his fireproof prison, Boomerang (Jai Courtney) and Slipknot (Adam Beach) each get to wield their signature weapons once more, and Killer Croc ­(Adewale Akinnuoye-­Agbaje) emerges from the swamp. The only condition is this: Obey orders or die. This is strictly enforced by squad leader Rick Flag (Joel Kinnaman), the samurai Katana (Karen Fukuhara), and of course the explosive devices – developed by Wayne Enterprises – inserted into their necks. However, the arrival of the tatted-up Gotham City mega-criminal, the Joker (Jared Leto), might doom the mission thanks to his plan to reunite with his true love, Harley.

Ninjimbo

You guys better hope Leto Joker murders a bunch of people in SS. Imagine if people figure out Batfleck killed more in BvS than Joker in SS....ohh boy.
To be fair to Bruce, all those guys in BvS had it coming. Joker probably gets off on killing innocents.

ReiGun

Went on a field trip with my summer school kids this morning. While we were standing in line, they were freaking out about Suicide Squad. All the girls wanted to be Harley Quinn.

It was interesting to see, given all the talk about how the mainstream doesn't know this property and hand wringing about how it's gonna hit. The marketing has really done its job.

They're smart to lean the property on Harley since she's quite popular. And while I didn't like her interpretation in Rocksteady's Arkham games, I know those boosted her profile in a big way.

In other news, Will Beall is officially writing Aquaman. Gangster Squad is his only credited movie.

In other news, Will Beall is officially writing Aquaman. Gangster Squad is his only credited movie.

Just read that. Wan and Johns did the story treatment. It also looks like they ditched the "multiple screenwriters/separate tracks plan" they were going with before:

Recently, all Aquaman development tracks were deep six-ed as Wan and Johns focused on getting the story in ship shape. Beall was then rehired to write the script, this time as the only writer. He is working with Wan and Johns.

Went on a field trip with my summer school kids this morning. While we were standing in line, they were freaking out about Suicide Squad. All the girls wanted to be Harley Quinn.

It was interesting to see, given all the talk about how the mainstream doesn't know this property and hand wringing about how it's gonna hit. The marketing has really done its job.

It's amazing how Harley has really seen a spike in popularity this last year. I remember watching an episode of Arrow with my sister the first time they featured their version of the Suicide Squad and there was a Harley Quinn cameo. She had no idea who the character was but fast forward a couple months ago she says that Harley is her favorite character. I think Injustice Gods Among Us and the Arkham games started making her a little more known but the marketing team has really pushed her into the public eye.

J_Viper

Not super on-topic, but I only just watched the first Flash season finale, and man, I never thought a CW show would have me on the verge of tears, but it totally did. What an excellent episode of television.

I don't know how much exactly Geoff Johns has to do with the show, aside from his producer credit, but I'm now excited to see what he brings to the films

GeeTeeCee

Not super on-topic, but I only just watched the first Flash season finale, and man, I never thought a CW show would have me on the verge of tears, but it totally did. What an excellent episode of television.

I don't know how much exactly Geoff Johns has to do with the show, aside from his producer credit, but I'm now excited to see what he brings to the films

Wait until you get to the season two finale. It'll give you a whole different emotional reaction.

Season one (and much of two) was pretty great.

J_Viper

Wait until you get to the season two finale. It'll give you a whole different emotional reaction.

Season one (and much of two) was pretty great.

That's great to hear, just gotta wait till it hits Netflix.

The first season certainly has its flaws, most of the side villains were lame as fuck, there's a lot of rough dialogue, and there's way too much filler, but it had an excellent cast of characters and actors, and more than enough heartto make up for it's shortcomings.

Also, good luck to whoever ends up playing Reverse Flash on film. Tom Cavanagh delivered a villain better than anyone either the DCEU or MCU have come up with.

a916

Aquaman gets the writer that apparently wrote a terrible script for Justice League? Probably the biggest red flag about that project so far.

The first season certainly has its flaws, most of the side villains were lame as fuck, there's a lot of rough dialogue, and there's way too much filler, but it had an excellent cast of characters and actors, and more than enough heartto make up for it's shortcomings.

Also, good luck to whoever ends up playing Reverse Flash on film. Tom Cavanagh delivered a villain better than anyone either the DCEU or MCU have come up with.

Wot? Michael Shannon was incredible...

Last I read, it's tracking to beat Guardian of the Galaxy's opening

GeeTeeCee

The Flash also gets points for miraculously managing to make a man who dresses entirely in yellow pseudo-leather look visually intimidating.

Aquaman gets the writer that apparently wrote a terrible script for Justice League? Probably the biggest red flag about that project so far.

Wot? Michael Shannon was incredible...

To be completely honest, I'm still very worried about Wonder Woman. The script drama has left me extremely anxious about the quality of the film. Now that we have Aquaman to worry about it looks like there will be no shortages of headaches for us after Suicide Squad. Hopefully everything will turn out okay, it's not something I really want to think about with Squad coming up but it's definitely something on my mind.

IconGrist

So I haven't seen it but for those of you who have how did you feel about (The Killing Joke movie spoilers)
Barbara and Bruce having a sex scene, in costume, on a rooftop?

a916

To be completely honest, I'm still very worried about Wonder Woman. The script drama has left me extremely anxious about the quality of the film. Now that we have Aquaman to worry about it looks like there will be no shortages of headaches for us after Suicide Squad. Hopefully everything will turn out okay, it's not something I really want to think about with Squad coming up but it's definitely something on my mind.

I am too, I'm worried about that and how Gal will turn out to be when she has to carry the movie. I'm also not familiar with Patty Jenkins either so the entire movie is an unknown to me.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So I haven't seen it but for those of you who have how did you feel about (The Killing Joke movie spoilers)
Barbara and Bruce having a sex scene, in costume, on a rooftop?

Just saw the clip on Twitter. Honestly? Could care less, the outrage in OT is funny though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom