• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

So I haven't seen it but for those of you who have how did you feel about (The Killing Joke movie spoilers)
Barbara and Bruce having a sex scene, in costume, on a rooftop?

Haven't read it but plan ot watch the movie. I am excited to see this :D I take it this was not in the comic?

IconGrist

Just saw the clip on Twitter. Honestly? Could care less, the outrage in OT is funny though.

Eh. Who cares, it's rated R.

Personally, I don't like it. But then again I've been against anyone not named Selina and only sparingly for stress relief.

Haven't read it but plan ot watch the movie. I am excited to see this :D I take it this was not in the comic?

Not at all, lol. It was basically Bruce Timm fulfilling a fantasy of his.

Personally, I don't like it. But then again I've been against anyone not named Selina and only sparingly for stress relief.

Indeed. I'll get to it eventually but it did totally bum me out to the point where I can wait a while to see it. Literally anyone but Selina is...

2UkdD4m.gif

Talia is okay in my book because she is his baby mamma and I love the three person dynamic between her, Damian and Bruce.

Ninjimbo

So I haven't seen it but for those of you who have how did you feel about (The Killing Joke movie spoilers)
Barbara and Bruce having a sex scene, in costume, on a rooftop?
I haven't seen the movie, but I've read the Killing Joke before. Honestly, it doesn't really matter to me. That relationship has never bothered me. I see two consenting adults doing what they want so I don't see anything wrong with it.

I do think it's odd that they shoehorned that into the movie.

Edit: Selina and Bruce is pretty perfect. I don't know why they bother pairing Batman with someone else.

Raptor

steven price did the fury score....that was good to

Good?

Norman track alone is God tier, GOD TIER!!

Up there with the god damn best IMO.

I have a 45 minute version of it and I put it on when I want to get in the zone at work, half an hour later I want to go out and build a tank and start killing nazis.

ReiGun

Bruce/Barbara is creepy, Bruce/Diana is boring, Bruce/Selena works, but mostly as a fling. Bruce's one true love is Gotham.

Also, The Killing Joke is average as hell anyway, so I struggle to get riled up about this.

I would like for this Bruce Wayne to not have any relationship at all.

He should go full redemption, even if it ends up killing him. He has to do that for himself.
Also, Batman is gay.

EDit: I hope Gal has moves like this

0er6sD7.gif

a916

He should go full redemption, even if it ends up killing him. He has to do that for himself.
Also, Batman is gay.

0er6sD7.gif

She almost has to at this point. She'll rule the GIF world... then again those MOS fights were god like too.

giphy.gif

jombag

Also, Batman is gay.

0er6sD7.gif

Hah they copied that move from this

tumblr_lyaclfZZlk1qdj4i3o1_500.gif

MoS had the best Dragon Ball fight I've ever seen.

Edit: I find it extremely funny when people say "Oh look, DC/WB knows colour", as if Suicide Squad doesn't exist.

Bruce/Barbara is creepy, Bruce/Diana is boring, Bruce/Selena works, but mostly as a fling. Bruce's one true love is Gotham.

Also, Batman is gay.

IMO you're both right. And I keep forgetting how beautifully gif-able MoS is.

1498.gif

Bruce x Barbra has always been gross. Hated that in the Batman Adventures cartoon, and I hate it now. The fact they're doubling down and
having them have sex
in the Killing Joke movie is pretty much a troll. Wasn't going to watch it anyway, but this sure didn't help.

Matt Damon's reading of that Oliver Queen line was fucking amazing.

Yeah, that was stellar.

And this about sums up my feelings on Bruce x Barbra

Alright I need to point out that I'v always hated the whole "Batman is so royally fucked in the head that he's destined to die alone" shit.

The whole point of his kids, and that shit being called the bat family, is that this string of fucked up wards he's taken in, trained, and kept from becoming like him wouldn't ever abandon him because he's their dad. They see the Bruce Wayne beyond the mask, they're the only people beyond Selina Kyle that ever could or would do that. Dick Greyson isn't just some teenager in tights he helped learn some kung-fu, he's his son.

Batman being destined to die alone fighting as the bat forever is the worst ending. Because Bruce Wayne grew as a character by having these kids that he's responsible for and genuinely loves as a parent.

(Killing Joke movie spoiler)
Him fucking Barb, his best friends daughter and sons primary object of affection, isn't some edgy exploration of how deranged Batman is behind the mask. It's just used to objectify Barbra and turn her motivations into "well he's hot I might as well do what he does and maybe he'll love me!" It's not good storytelling or character development it's just making a child he was responsible for into a sex object.

Depending on the adaptations, he would be in his early to mid-20's when she was a pre-adolescent child.

New-52 would make it slightly better I think (he's like 35 and she's early 20's) but not much.

If Batman is gay then who would his love interest be? The men in his life are pretty much his "father" and "sons". I mean I guess there's Clar...

Oh.

e1h8Irg.jpg

holy fuck...they are still talking :O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alh-vlHmf2s

SOMEONE PLEASE GIF THAT SHOT OF KEVIN REACTING TO DAMON READING OLIVER QUEEN'S LINES.

Also I didn't know I wanted this but now all I want is Matt Damon as Oliver Queen. Please WB, he'd be perfect as a serious or light hearted Green Arrow.

I wonder if we'll see Skarsgard in the DCEU. WB likes to use their actor on more than one movies.

Ben expressed multiple times that he hated the training. It's pretty hard and he's getting old, so I can understand.

Oh totally. I always wanted him to be more in line with how he looked in The Town than what we got to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom