• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

If WB starts tapping DC writers to co-write these movies who do you all think works best for...

Superman - Mark Waid. He's not currently at DC, but there's no way he'd turn down a chance to pin a Superman movie. Like...he knows Clark Kent's fucking social security number. One of the few writers left that can really write Superman
Batman - Most will say Synder, but I'm going to go with Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason. They just know how to get at the emotional core of Batman.
Wonder Woman - Simone and Rucka together. Simone is better than anyone at making Wonder Woman relatable and fun, while Rucka can craft some amazing plots and knows how to make that supporting cast sing.
Green Lantern - Dan Abnett. After what he and Andy Lanning did for Marvel's cosmic-verse, we're long overdue to see him take on the Lanterns.
The Flash - Cameron Stewart and Brenden Fletcher. The same kind of youthful energy they bring to Batgirl would serve The Flash well.
Cyborg - David Walker. Not currently doing DC work, but his Cyborg solo run was really good, especially at characterizing Victor.
Aquaman - Jeff Parker. He took over the book once Johns left and gave us some great Aquaman stories.
Shazam - Grant Morrison. After Multiversity's "Thunderworld" issue, I totally trust him to write a Shazam story.
Justice League - Again, Grant Morrison. He wrote "Rock of Ages." Rock of Ages.
Dark Universe - This is where I'm going to play the Scott Synder card. Dude can do some horror and that would serve him well here.
Suicide Squad - Christopher Priest. His work on Black Panther is more than enough to show he can handle the political intrigue, high stakes action, and interpersonal conflicts that makes Suicide Squad work.
Gotham Sirens - Marguerite Bennett or Amanda Connor and Jimmy Palmiotti. They can all give you fun, and epic, and heartfelt with a bit of grit. Exactly what you need for this project.
Teen Titans/Young Justice - Torn between three choices here:
Jeff Lemire: Wrote "Teen Titans: Earth One," which was great as a modern telling of the Titans. Also, his involvement would hopefully mean Equinox would find her way onto the team.
Max Landis: I know, but I think with proper oversight, Titans would be right up his alley.
Brenden Fletcher: Again, hoping he can recreate that Batgirl magic.

My choices.

Ashhong

12 hours!'

So is there like a livestream of the panel at least? With cuts when footage is shown? Or do we need to wait until it's over to find out anything

And boom. Seems we are def getting that WW trailer today! 2:45
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/wonder-woman-filmtrailer

Also no panel livestreams BTW. But seems all the footage is going up online officially.

duca_zps480ab501.gif

antovolk

Correct, unless they release a final Skwad one, WW is only DC trailer at the panel and online.

They seem to be releasing everything they show....

Also interesting they decided to, officially this time, embrace what happened to SS and kick off officially with a almost 3min SDCC first look extended trailer for the public instead of a teaser.

No because it was never meant to be out officially, unlike this year.

At most for JL that Bruce and Flash scene. No trailer for sure.

Yup, that Squad First Look was only meant to be shown privately at Hall H so it didn't require being rated.

Correct me if I am wrong.

This Wonder Woman trailer is going to be attached to movies, so I get why it's rated. A Justice League short trailer (I know, won't happen, but theoretically) doesn't need to get rated, if they upload it on youtube, right ?

I mean, there are a lot of trailers with 'Not yet rated'. Also, the Suicide Squad trailer they put up on Youtube after it leaked wasn't rated.

This Wonder Woman trailer is goint to be attached to movies, so I get why it's rated. A Justice League short trailer (I know, won't happen, but theoretically) doesn't need to get rated, if they upload it on youtube, right ?

I mean, there are a lot of trailers with 'Not yet rated'. Also, the Suicide Squad trailer they put up on Youtube after it leaked wasn't rated.

Sounds about right

Unannounced stuff I'm expected is a look at the league in costume and some casting announcements. At some point we need to know who is playing Steppinwolf. On the Marvel side, hoping Brie Larson is announced as Carol Marvel. Maybe Sony talks Spider-Man? That's barely begun filming. GOTG2 is there in some capacity. Basically anything set to release after next SDCC is a bonus.

IconGrist

This Wonder Woman trailer is going to be attached to movies, so I get why it's rated. A Justice League short trailer (I know, won't happen, but theoretically) doesn't need to get rated, if they upload it on youtube, right ?

I'm not entirely sure how the process works because it seems a lot of it depends on the wording. I've seen trailers in movies that weren't rated but instead "approved for viewing" which makes one question what the difference is. The Squad thing last year wasn't classified as a trailer but a "First Look" and, to my knowledge, was never shown in theaters. So in theory, yes, a "First Look" or something similar for Justice League could go without a rating.

antovolk

I'm not entirely sure how the process works because it seems a lot of it depends on the wording. I've seen trailers in movies that weren't rated but instead "approved for viewing" which makes one question what the difference is. The Squad thing last year wasn't classified as a trailer but a "First Look" and, to my knowledge, was never shown in theaters. So in theory, yes, a "First Look" or something similar for Justice League could go without a rating.

Yeah, correct, Skwad CC First Look was never shown in theatres, that's why it wasn't rated.

No difference between rated/approved for viewing (that green band in front, which most official uploads cut out now anyway). All trailers shown in theatres have to be rated.

Also, Kenzodielocke, when you refer to "there are a lot of trailers with 'Not yet rated'" that's different - that's if the film itself has a rating yet or not.

95 % of WW costumes contain boob armour.

Edit: Honestly, I wouldn't even know how a WW costume without boob armour would look.

Yes, see she got boobs too.

No one complained.

latest

Good point. And she was also the most badass character in the movie if you ask me.

But does this count as boob armour:

bb4ac77ab8682590cba06df517756f2b.jpg

Still, we can gather information there. No biggie. Someone wanna make one ? Also, anyone has a link to the website where people can embed count downs here ?

IconGrist

At the very least I think this is what we can expect:

Suicide Squad screened for Hall H attendees
Wonder Woman trailer
Info on Batman solo
Justice League roster official pic

What I would like to see/hear in addition is:
Details of plans beyond the Aquaman solo
Casting announcements (specifically Green Lantern and Shazam)

jackdoe

I was interested but then I heard about that Barbara scene.
The first part of the movie is definitely a real mess. And it's not a good mess. So much so that I stopped watching the movie and am tempted to skip all that crap and get to the actual movie.

Ninjimbo

Fams you ain't ready for how good The Killing Joke is.
Hmm, I guess I'll watch it then. I skimmed the OT thread on it and it brought my expectations down a notch. I don't really expect much from the animated movies these days.

Gods and Monsters was excellent though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom