• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't overcompensate with the humor!

I wonder if Aquaman is gonna be the semi-main character. Trailer sort of plays him up prominently.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was the main holdout to joining the team. I think he'll be one of the main reasons the JL stops the threat

ReiGun

Aquaman is going to have a huge role to play, I think. They've been hyping him up since before BvS came out. And he was only in that for all of 15 seconds.

Aquaman is going to have a huge role to play, I think. They've been hyping him up since before BvS came out. And he was only in that for all of 15 seconds.

What I gathered from those 15 seconds is we'll see his journey from a lost Arthur Curry to discovering Atlantis and becoming Aquaman.

Although at the same time, he had his trident in BvS. I don't know.

ReiGun

What I gathered from those 15 seconds is we'll see his journey from a lost Arthur Curry to discovering Atlantis and becoming Aquaman.

I think he'll be in a similar place where he was at the beginning of Johns' run.

Was king of Atlantis for a time, abdicated the throne to Orm so he could live on the surface, works as a hero to people in cities by the sea.

Ahasverus

What can I say about today.

First of all, I see a DC slate that is rejuvenated, energized, full of desire to take everything by storm. You can't say any of was displayed to day was safe, in one way or another. That is good, and I can feel Geoff's spirit already.

Second, Wonder Woman looks great, it has lots of potential, it seems like it's focusing on the human aspect more than action which I find better suited to Jenkin's talents. It still is the one with the most to prove, it's the first major female cbm, it comes from a dormant director and some would say Gadot is not the strongest lead out there. However the support cast looks great, and all in all it seems to be made with such care that I can't help but feel optimistic.

Suicide Squad is gonna rule this world, and I think we are ready for that. I, however, expect it to be the simplest film of the slate, clearly designed with the intention of pleasing the action crowd more than the enthusiastic one. Which is fine. I think we should lower our expectations, SS is an outlier in the slate as it was greenlighted before BvS.

Now, the elephant in the room.. Justice League. I can feel Fong is already, truly missed. The cinematography is very very pedestrian, like.. Civil War. The fun tone of the trailer is most certainly a misdirection (I don't expect every other scene having a joke). Ezra seems fantastic for the role, Cyborg is.. there, he shouldn't really lead a movie by himself, Affleck looks far more enthusiastic now and the costume changes are really appreciated (The cowl is not Arkham-like, pretty much perfect. All in all, I'm nervous about this one, Snyder has a good heart, and he's probably trying to steer off things in a direction he might now be able to tackle, same with Terrio. Let's hope for the best. I'm still optimistic, it still looks and sounds as a DC film made with heart which is all I ask for.

So yeah, the hype is through the roof, I think we're ready to move on to the new films and I think we'll start to see a new more comic based direction, while it might cost us some of the risks taken by MoS and BvS, it will probably save us from deep pitfalls too.

So yeah, choo choo, motherfuckers.

Nah, he probably lives a double life.

Ashhong

I am saying this here, too.

The Flash suit is the one he built for himself. Bruce Wayne is going to build him a better suit.

So basically Civil War.

I said it to Icon, but why would they be fighting in his old suit? If anything, that later group scene would have had Bruce's beefed up suit no?

And do we even know that Superman has filmed scenes for the movie? The dude is dead for a good chunk of the first half of the movie. It's possible that they used an old picture of him in that group shot

Loxley

The chinstrap bothers me so much on the TV flash suit. Wish they would remove that.

My conspiracy regarding the chin strap is that they insist on having it because Grant Gustin doesn't really have have a well-defined chin to begin with. In fact it's actually pretty small. So the chin strap is there because otherwise it would look kind of awkward with it.

I liked WW more than JL, but mostly because of more action and the trailer was more cohesive in terms of story. JL still super early and they can't really show much.

I am sold on Momoa as Aquaman, their take on Barry is also fresh but I can see it working. Hope Superman comes back in the movie early.

I said it to Icon, but why would they be fighting in his old suit? If anything, that later group scene would have had Bruce's beefed up suit no?

And do we even know that Superman has filmed scenes for the movie? The dude is dead for a good chunk of the first half of the movie. It's possible that they used an old picture of him in that group shot

It's the same suit he has in his basement.

htrUEY4.png
CoE7rqxWIAAmY8V.jpg:large

Tabby

I liked WW more than JL, but mostly because of more action and the trailer was more cohesive in terms of story. JL still super early and they can't really show much.

I am sold on Momoa as Aquaman, their take on Barry is also fresh but I can see it working. Hope Superman comes back in the movie early.
I mean I like it more but mainly because they've finished filming everything whereas Justice League was mainly just a collection of scenes put together to show off what they have to far and to let people know the time is different.

Touche. In that case, the group scene must be pre-Superman in the first half, then new suit later after they get fucked up

Biggest giveaway that this is the first half of the movie is that Aquaman isn't there.

Guys. I am not dreaming this, right.

Spider-Man Tony Stark scene in CW: Stark did see a crappy Spider-Man costume, right ? And the suit he wears is made by Stark, right ?

IconGrist

I noticed a small, small, difference in this suit versus the BvS one. Guek would be proud, but the lining above his crotch is straight, in BvS it was curved. I think Yager has the BvS crotch as his avatar where it's most noticeable.

Boke1879

I LOVED the JL trailer but it does seem they threw together their most finished footage. And while this movie will be lighter in tone it'll definitely have it's more serious and somber tones.

Can't wait for a trailer that focuses on some story and action.

WhiteWolf

Just no to that Batman landing shot. No. He looks like Michael Keaton.

Oh Fong, why hath thou forsaken us
It's so early that they probably didn't have much Batman footage ready (or that they're willing to show). Either way, it definitely looked awkward. Batman should land like he does in the Arkham games with his cape out to ease the landing.

Boke1879

It's so early, they probably didn't have much Batman footage ready. Either way, it definitely looked awkward. Batman should land like he does in the Arkham games.

Yea definitely something they threw together. I wonder how early this footage is? I doubt we'll even see that in the movie.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
oh please....stop with this shit.

nothing says disappointing.

It does though. Tbf they are still shooting so hopefully we'll see better stuff in the coming months. It looks kinda boring (some nice shots in there, but overall...), Snyder really is making a MCU movie. Just need a bad score to finish it off.

It does though. Tbf they are still shooting so hopefully we'll see better stuff in the coming months. It looks kinda boring (some nice shots in there, but overall...), Snyder really is making a MCU movie. Just need a bad score to finish it off.

That is why they won't release early footage.

But it's okay.

Ninjimbo

I saw that Kong trailer and, yeah, Larry Fong is going to be missed lol. Skull Island looks incredible thanks to that dude.

But JL doesn't look bad at all. The movie is more than a year away. We haven't seen much of anything yet except some people talking in a room which is not going to look as cool as, say, helicopters flying towards King Kong in a sunset horizon. Goddamn did that look awesome.

I watched the Wonder Woman trailer with my Marvel-fanboy spouse, I was a little mixed and he absolutely loved it. After re-watching it various times, I definitely love it more than the JL trailer and I'm extremely hyped for Wonder Woman. Though I'm still a bit worried that Zack has writing credit, what gives me the greatest hope is the fact that war movies are Zack's speciality. The JL trailer was good but I almost feel like they gave us too much. Overall I'm happy and hopeful.

Tabby

It's cute that people think Snyder changed the tone because of BvS.
Took some of the criticism to heart? Sure. But they talk as if they've scrapped everything and rewrote the script so they can add a few jokes.

strafer

Took some of the criticism to heart? Sure. But they talk as if they've scrapped everything and rewrote the script so they can add a few jokes.

If that makes some people happier then let them think that.

SJRB

Gold Member

All the "WB finally slapped some sense into Snyder" posts make me roll my eyes.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Just give me the Dunkirk teaser and my evening is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom