• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteWolf

Today was crazy. So much great footage, not just from DC but from all of Warner Bros. Have to say the Wonder Woman footage was the biggest highlight for me. Loved that.
I agree, that trailer was great. Everything from the tone to the action looks awesome. I hope JL doesn't stray too far from the tone that seems to be consistent (judging SS and WW by the trailers) through the 4 films that preceded it.

Today was crazy. So much great footage, not just from DC but from all of Warner Bros. Have to say the Wonder Woman footage was the biggest highlight for me. Loved that.

Nearly got everything I wanted down to the Brie Larson casting. Now if Marvel releases their trailers online, I'll be set.

Effect

I agree, that trailer was great. Everything from the tone to the action looks awesome. I hope JL doesn't stray too far from the tone that seems to be consistent (judging SS and WW by the trailers) through the 4 films that preceded it.

Same. Even if changes were made for JL I think the tone it has right now seems to be an evolution of how things ended in BvS. That's how it should feel but I won't want them to go to far and make it seem like there is no connection.

IconGrist

Disappointed we got no casting news or future slate news of any kind (outside of confirming Affleck is directing the Batman solo but it's not like anyone doubted that).

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I liked the scene with Diana and Bruce talking about recruiting people, looked like they were throwing together a party like when you do with friends in your room.

Dead

well not really...yet
Finally watched the WW and JL teasers (busy all day damnit!)

Wonder Woman: Gal slaying it. That moment with her on the field under a shower of bullets...omg. "what I do is not up to you" ...that lasso! Visually I love how it seems very varied. A couple of dodgy looking effects shots which im sure will be cleaned up, but overall, Im so incredibly excited for this.

Justice League: FUCK. I couldn't help but smile during the Bruce/Flash interaction. So perfect and fantastic levity. I was worried from comments that this was a quipfest, but as usual internet hyperbole is on level 10, it works, and as long as the humour is kept within contextual situations rather than just vomited out in every scene like MCU then it should be fine. Visually Im excited that it's 1.85:1. Have a feeling the movie is going to looke insanely larger than life. The Flash suit looks fucking cool as hell too.

Ahasverus

Ok let's discuss the batsuit changes.

16zcdBJ.jpg

Besides the obvious new neck, there's also a new ears shape and more open eyes along with more pronounced frown. The suit somehow manages to looks slimmer AND more ripped. Do I see a new cape support shape? It seems very similar to the Arkham origins

I think it looks great now.

http://i.imgur.com/16zcdBJ.jpg[/IMG

Besides the obvious new neck, there's also a new ears shape and more open eyes along with more pronounced frown. The suit somehow manages to looks slimmer AND more ripped. Do I see a new cape support shape? It seems very similar to the Arkham origins

I think it looks great now.[/QUOTE]

Couple minor alterations to the cowl, presumably to make it overall thinner without sacrificing utility, there are bumps for his ears. Also appears to have grooves behind his jawline.

IconGrist

I didn't like it at first but it's growing on me. I wish they would let the cape hang off him rather than folding it back in the promo pictures.

New cowl looks more like the Nolan films to me in some ways. I think it looks strange from the angle shown in the trailer where he's talking to Cyborg, but overall it's a better design.

hamchan

Wonder Woman giving off First Avenger vibes, love it, looking great.

Suicide Squad continues to look good to me.

Justice League by Snyder I don't have much faith in but oh well.

2 out of 3 movies in the DCEU to be excited for is damn solid.

GeeTeeCee

16zcdBJ.jpg

I was worried when they announced it was going to be a more armoured look, that it might end up looking like Bale's costume, but this is fantastic. My only concern at the moment is during that clip where Batman drops down into a cave, the colours of the suit look a little off. Hopefully it's just the lighting in that particular scene.

I hope we get as much merchandise for the solo WW film as we did for BVS. Action figures, shirts, posters, cups, freaking walkie talkies. I need everything.

Anyone got any audience reaction vids of the trailers at comic con?

strafer

I hope we get as much merchandise for the solo WW film as we did for BVS. Action figures, shirts, posters, cups, freaking walkie talkies. I need everything.

Anyone got any audience reaction vids of the trailers at comic con?

yeah, ive been looking on youtube for those aswell...no luck so far.

shingi70

Banned
Cyborg looks too robotic to me, hopefully his design evolves during the movie. I'm curious about him showing up as normal Victor is about.

antovolk

Been so crazy with all these trailer drops last night so forgot to post thoughts.

Footage itself? Looks good, although going 1.85 like that other movie that shall not be named is gonna be a pet peeve, I know it lol. Looks very GOT-ish, unsurprisingly, I like the look, but Fong and the widescreen will be missed. Really like Affleck in this, and his interactions. Also Ezra and Momoa! Guess we'll see how this goes......

Trailer itself though? They tried far too hard to mimic the first Avengers, complete with the rock background music.....and all the humour (some of which I liked). I'd be lying if I said this didn't make concerned that post BvS that tone shift Terrio talked about before releases has been cranked up to 11 - but keeping an open mind until more footage rolls in. I would hope this film would retain some of the epic mythic scale and feel of BvS, but with an appropriate amount of lightness to it as Terrio suggested initially, just not gone completely overboard/mimicking MCU just because so many hated BvS' approach.

bryanee

Trailer itself though? They tried far too hard to mimic the first Avengers

I didn't get that at all. The tone felt completely different and closer to BvS but with some added light humour. I felt it worked really well.

The only issue I had with the JL footage is perhaps it was a little too early to show this and the Cyborg CGI wasn't at all good but it's such a long way off.

I don't want to see any more JL footage until WW is out a theatres.

IconGrist

Looks like the Wondy solo is about a million views ahead of the JL footage.

Almost 6 million in comparison to Wondy's nearly 7 million.

shingi70

Banned
I'm overall not a fan of the ending of BvS, but there is something to be said that you can feel the consequences of the death of Superman in Suicide Squad and Justice League. Both teams are built around being a response of the whole he leaves when it comes to protecting the world, as Metahumans start to come out the woodwork.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm overall not a fan of the ending of BvS, but there is something to be said that you can feel the consequences of the death of Superman in Suicide Squad and Justice League. Both teams are built around being a response of the whole he leaves when it comes to protecting the world, as Metahumans start to come out the woodwork.

Superman: "Yeah, you deal with this shit now. Let's see how that goes. Assholes."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom