• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjimbo

All the "WB finally slapped some sense into Snyder" posts make me roll my eyes.
Yep.

They've been saying JL was going to be lighter since before BvS got hit with the "too serious" criticisms. People taking shots at Snyder and WB just look misinformed.

z9ONGyR.jpg

One of them drew a dick on him.

Pachimari

I'm mixed on The Flash suit. I don't hate but I don't love it. I would like the lightning ears and a cowl on his chin, and his suit looks like an armor but then again, it's not his final suit even though we might see it 95% of the movie, who knows.

After having seen the Justice League trailer I'm very optimistic but I always were because I quite liked Batman v Superman, and I haven't finished the Ultimate Cut yet. The Wonder Woman trailer was the best, everything about it looks wonderful, and it remains one of my most anticipated. Gal Gadot rocks.

The final Suicide Squad trailer had a ton of stuff and it really got me going, but I'm sure that movie will turn out really well. I'm so excited for it, and I can't wait to see more Harley Quinn and Enchantress.

I love everything from the DCEU at the moment. I'm indifferent on Cyborg and don't see what's that interesting about him but I don't know the source material either, and Momoa keeps rocking that look as Aquaman and I'm super thrilled to hear it'll have horror elements.

I just hope that either Martian Manhunter or a Green Lantern will eventually join the Justice League team. But we got plenty of years ahead for that to happen, so no worries.

IconGrist

I'm mixed on The Flash suit. I don't hate but I don't love it. I would like the lightning ears and a cowl on his chin, and his suit looks like an armor but then again, it's not his final suit even though we might see it 95% of the movie, who knows.

After having seen the Justice League trailer I'm very optimistic but I always were because I quite liked Batman v Superman, and I haven't finished the Ultimate Cut yet. The Wonder Woman trailer was the best, everything about it looks wonderful, and it remains one of my most anticipated. Gal Gadot rocks.

The final Suicide Squad trailer had a ton of stuff and it really got me going, but I'm sure that movie will turn out really well. I'm so excited for it, and I can't wait to see more Harley Quinn and Enchantress.

I love everything from the DCEU at the moment. I'm indifferent on Cyborg and don't see what's that interesting about him but I don't know the source material either, and Momoa keeps rocking that look as Aquaman and I'm super thrilled to hear it'll have horror elements.

I just hope that either Martian Manhunter or a Green Lantern will eventually join the Justice League team. But we got plenty of years ahead for that to happen, so no worries.

We know GL will but he's just not in this movie as far as they have said.

In defense of the flash suit, I think it relies heavily on CG and I'm assuming what we saw in the trailer isn't the final product we are getting in the movie. Remember the first generation of Crocs costume looked really bad but in the final trailers the effect team really cleaned it up.

Also screw GL, give me MM.

Ninjimbo

After seeing Bruce with a beard in the JL teaser, what are the chances we see Clark with a beard again? I want this to happen and I don't know why.

Boke1879

Wonder Woman was magical. I didnt even like her theme that much in BvS but when it played there...wow!

Justice League looks FUN. Do I enjoy non-trailer trailers? NO. I want to appreciate scale.

Yea I can't wait for an actual legit trailer for this. This was pretty much just a few scenes of them talking and showing the team and a bit of levity.

Can't wait for that actual story+action trailer.

But yea...That WW trailer was fucking amazing. i can't wait.

so what's the deal with Geoff and GL...is that his baby?

He's a big GL fan, wrote one of (if not the most famous) GL runs in history that changed the mythos, introducing multiple corps (Red Lanterns are one of the coolest concepts ever). Should seriously read it if you can.

I don't know if GL (more specifically Hal) is his favorite but he's definitely top 5. I'm guessing his favorites are Wally (first, pretty sure he said it recently), Barry, Hal, Aquaman, Shazam/Black Adam and Stargirl (says he made her in memory of his deceased sister), Kon El.

Pretty much any character people think is lame he likes to try to turn their opinion around on them.

Does that run have a name?, might look it up.

It's collected in three omni's, here's a trade list.
You can ignore the red lantern, glc, emerald knights & new guardians stuff for the story with Hal. Basically get the event books (Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night, Blackest NIght GL, First Guardian, Third Army, First Lantern) except Brightest Day, and everything that's just Green Lantern (except when it cross into the event issues).

Wish they had a dc unlimited but they just announced that their trades are selling more than their floppies, so that's probably not happening. I'd say check the library or read Rebirth and see if you like it.

strafer

Start with Green Lantern: Rebirth (not to be confused with DC's current Rebirth titles).

It lost its way near the end heading towards the New 52, but it's mostly amazing.

It's collected in three omni's, here's a trade list.
You can ignore the red lantern, glc, emerald knights & new guardians stuff for the story with Hal. Basically get the event books (Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night, Blackest NIght GL, First Guardian, Third Army, First Lantern) except Brightest Day, and everything that's just Green Lantern (except when it cross into the event issues).

Wish they had a dc unlimited but they just announced that their trades are selling more than their floppies, so that's probably not happening. I'd say check the library or read Rebirth and see if you like it.

Gracias.

Tabby

He's a big GL fan, wrote one of (if not the most famous) GL runs in history that changed the mythos, introducing multiple corps (Red Lanterns are one of the coolest concepts ever). Should seriously read it if you can.

I don't know if GL (more specifically Hal) is his favorite but he's definitely top 5. I'm guessing his favorites are Wally (first, pretty sure he said it recently), Barry, Hal, Aquaman, Shazam/Black Adam and Stargirl (says he made her in memory of his deceased sister), Kon El.

Pretty much any character people think is lame he likes to try to turn their opinion around on them.

Is Cyborg not on that top 5 list? I feel like he's been one of the people that's been trying to push Cyborg.

looks like the omni's end at brightest day, the actual end of the run is in new 52 around GL#20, so I guess there's another omni coming?

Is Cyborg not on that top 5 list? I feel like he's been one of the people that's been trying to push Cyborg.

maybe, I think he likes the titans even more than the JL. Cyborg's inclusion in JL might have been something out of his hands, but he used him quite a bit in his Flash run and Teen Titans so I think he does like the character.

tim1138

looks like the omni's end at brightest day, the actual end of the run is in new 52 around GL#20, so I guess there's another omni coming?

maybe, I think he likes the titans even more than the JL. Cyborg's inclusion in JL might have been something out of his hands, but he used him quite a bit in his Flash run and Teen Titans so I think he does like the character.

There is a third omni coming to finish up the New 52 run.

The Flash is Johns all time favorite character, and he owns every Flash comic that has been published.

Smh if we get the most major of GL focus on Hal Jordan.

Flash suit is fine for me, since I'm going to assume he'll get a Spidey upgrade from Bruce or something.

jey_16

Banned
i'm not getting all the hate for the Flash costume.....its not that bad, plus he will be getting an upgrade anyway. Could be all red if that pic a while back with Snyder and Momoa was accurate

Cyborg looks shit though

I have this bizarre idea we're getting a Black Adam cameo in Justice League. The Rock playing the role is really the only reason why I think the Shazam movie has the slightest chance of happening.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Jared should have done the laugh. Would have been awesome.

kmfdmpig

It does though. Tbf they are still shooting so hopefully we'll see better stuff in the coming months. It looks kinda boring (some nice shots in there, but overall...), Snyder really is making a MCU movie. Just need a bad score to finish it off.

I have faith. The cinematographer shot three of the best Game of Thrones episodes made so far, and used some pretty interesting and unique shots when doing so. We got such little pieces so far that I wouldn't expect to see lots of unique camera angles or visual flourishes at this point.

Effect

Today was crazy. So much great footage, not just from DC but from all of Warner Bros. Have to say the Wonder Woman footage was the biggest highlight for me. Loved that.

BadAss2961

i'm not getting all the hate for the Flash costume.....its not that bad, plus he will be getting an upgrade anyway. Could be all red if that pic a while back with Snyder and Momoa was accurate

Cyborg looks shit though
Never felt the armored look for Flash. How they approached the Superman and Batman costumes was the way to go with him.

And yeah, Cyborg's not looking too hot. Still pretty early though.

tumblr_oasd3rauHs1rtup1qo3_500.gif

On the flipside, Fisher looks perfect as Victor Stone.

Boke1879

I mean Cyborg....look like a Cyborg. I have no issues with him.I just don't know if he can hold a movie on his own, but in an ensemble I can see it. Depends on how they treat the character in this movie.

What I would do for him is definitely showcase him in JL, and feature him in the Flash movie. Build up the character because I feel people aren't up on his character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom