• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 7 % though. Was at 88% when certified fresh.
I don't think the drop will be that steep because the movie's metascore is very high for a comic book movie with enough reviews from major publications where I don't think many people are going to deviate from the positive sentiment.

Patty Jenkins wants to make
I Am
Superman with Ryan Gosling.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/complex-gender-politics-wonder-woman-movie-1008259 said:
Then she was set to team with Ryan Gosling on an indie drama titled I Am Superman (no relation to the DC Universe). But she got pregnant with her now-8-year-old son (she's married to travel writer Sam Sheridan; the three live in Santa Monica, where Jon Favreau is a neighbor), and it got put on hold (she still plans to make the movie with Gosling).

also interesting,

Jenkins herself came to the Warners lot and pitched her version of a Wonder Woman feature back in 2010. She wanted to make it an origin story set against the backdrop of World War I, beginning with Princess Diana of Themyscira at age 7. But the studio hired another female director, Game of Thrones helmer Michelle MacLaren, who had a different vision — one that turned out to clash with the studio's. "We parted ways over just never being able to agree on the direction we wanted to take the material," says producer Charles Roven of MacLaren's departure from the project. But even before MacLaren left, Roven made sure his daughter, executive producer Rebecca Roven, stayed in contact with Jenkins, "just in case there was a reason that it wasn't going to work out with Michelle." And in 2015, Warner Bros. finally agreed to let Jenkins make her Wonder Woman period piece.

Sounds familiar...

Sounds the budget is $150 million.

strafer

Batman is overrated.

Superman is the hero people look up to, children wanna be him and women wanna be with him.

Batman is just sad all the time, crying over his parents. He doesnt have any special powers, just one shot from a pistol and hes dead on the ground.

What kind of a superhero is that, lol.

Ross61

Batman is overrated.

Superman is the hero people look up to, children wanna be him and women wanna be with him.

Batman is just sad all the time, crying over his parents. He doesnt have any special powers, just one shot from a pistol and hes dead on the ground.

4293328-3909518891-14194.jpg

Loxley

I thought you were cool.

Superman can shoot lasers from his eyes, Batman cannot. Everyone knows all the coolest superheroes can shoot lasers from their eyes. Look at Cyclops, easily the coolest dude in the Marvel universe. All the kids wanna be Cyclops.

To hell with Logan, we all want to see a "Scott" movie.

a916

Batman is overrated.

Batman represents fear. Superman represents hope.

If you all want to base your life on fear, you go ahead... but if you want to join us in the sun with the REAL SUPER HERO, please do.

Ahasverus

Oh my God that was FUCKING FANTASTIC

Sweet baby Jesus I was not ready. I WAS NOT READY.

So much heart, so much character, so much... Innocence. Even the supposed bad final part was orgasmic.

Yeah, Ares had really hammy dialogue, and so did the other two BUT it was so theatrical at that moment I didn't care .

And the drama, oh God the drama. I teared up in parts. so many emotions.

I bow to Patty Jenkins.

Boke1879

So much heart, so much character, so much... Innocence. Even the supposed bad final part was orgasmic.

Yeah, Ares had really hammy dialogue, and so did the other two BUT it was so theatrical at that moment I didn't care .

I bow to Patty Jenkins.

Bruh you might want to edit your post in the OT thread.

Batman represents fear. Superman represents hope.

If you all want to base your life on fear, you go ahead... but if you want to join us in the sun with the REAL SUPER HERO, please do.
Depends on which Batman. My favourite version, from The Animated Series, has him represent redemption and a form of hope.

Maddocks

I bow to Patty Jenkins.

People will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, in time, we all will help them accomplish wonders.

Ahasverus

Do people really expect a Wonder Woman movie about a world war not have Area though.

The only bad part is the very, very end. it tries to evoke Superman or Spider-Man but doesn't work as well, for some reason. too sudden.

The final fight was pretty amazing.

Raptor

Do people really expect a Wonder Woman movie about a world war not have Area though.

The only bad part is the very, very end. it tries to evoke Superman or Spider-Man but doesn't work as well, for some reason. too sudden.

The final fight was pretty amazing.

What do you mean evoke superman or spiderman?

Tries to be too heroic and doesnt land?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
So what can we expect from comic con aside from a new Justice League trailer?

I'm personally hoping for The Flash movie to finally get off ground.

Boke1879

Man they'd need to get a solid director at that point.

Maybe some video footage of Aquaman?

Aquaman and Justice League. Maybe a few updates on other films that should start filming next year. I actually hope they don't trot out directors again, especially when they did it last time and lost a third of them.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Man they'd need to get a solid director at that point.

Maybe some video footage of Aquaman?

Aquaman and Justice League. Maybe a few updates on other films that should start filming next year. I actually hope they don't trot out directors again, especially when they did it last time and lost a third of them.

Agreed. I definitely expect some Aquaman footage.

Ahasverus

BvS UE
Wonder Woman
Man of Steel
.BvS TC
Batman & Robin
. Suicide Squad extended
. Suicide Squad

Yea it was fucking fantastic. Great characters, action and a great message. Film deserves to make bank. Gadot is wonderful and people who talked shit about her should be ashamed. I was bracing myself for the third act but i honestly didnt have a problem with it. I teared up like 3 or 4 times in the cinema.

Top Bottom