• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Ross61

Where would Would wondy 2 even go? DC has like 10 films in development right now. Their plate is already kinda full, unless they make something work.

None of the films that weren't already on the initial slate have a release date anyway. So where do they go?

tim1138

Where would Would wondy 2 even go? DC has like 10 films in development right now. Their plate is already kinda full, unless they make something work.

Where ever they want it to go, it's not like anything beyond Aquaman has a hard release date or is even in any level of production for that matter.

Considering they have only Aquaman for next year, why would that bother anyone?

Can you name the 10 films? Feel like nothing is locked. They really need to give us some directors and casting news next month.

Off the top of my head
Batgirl
Reeves batman
Flash
Cyborg
Aquaman
Nightwing?
Suicide squad 2
Ayer gotham city Sirens
Green Lantern corps
Deadshot?

Off the top of my head

Off the top of my head
Batgirl
Reeves batman
Flash
Cyborg
Aquaman
Nightwing?
Suicide squad 2
Ayer gotham city Sirens
Green Lantern corps
Deadshot?

Off the top of my head

Shazam
Solo Superman (MoS2)

Lobo? (A script was being written by the writer of Pan.)

Not sure if I've heard that Deadshot is a real thing though, got a source for that one?

An R rated deadshot would be pure kino. Like set the movie in one day and he has to take out multiple targets Tom Cruise collateral style.

Just_one

aquaman
Gotham City Sirens

Cyborg
Shazam
Flash

Batman
Man Of Steel 2
Black Adam

Bat Girl
Nightwing
Justice League Sequel

Boke1879

So right now pre release tracking has the movie possibly making 95 million+.

But THR says WB is being very conservative and saying 65-70 millions because tracking has been unreliable.

I'm going to say around 85 million. But I don't know how much of a bump the reviews and good WOM can give it.

Just over six hours left to go until I'm watching Wonder Woman with my brothers. Can't wait. I rewatched all of the movies in anticipation.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Booked 5 tickets for myself and family. We're all super pumped!

So now its hitting 129,000,052 this weekend.

The mayor of Austin had a great reply to some chucklefuck whining to his email about the Alamo Draft house Wonder Woman screening
I am writing to alert you that your email account has been hacked by an unfortunate and unusually hostile individual. Please remedy your account's security right away, lest this person's uninformed and sexist rantings give you a bad name. After all, we men have to look out for each other!

Can you imagine if someone thought that you didn't know women could serve in our combat units now without exclusion? What if someone thought you didn't know that women invented medical syringes, life rafts, fire escapes, central and solar heating, a war-time communications system for radio-controlling torpedoes that laid the technological foundations for everything from Wi-Fi to GPS, and beer? And I hesitate to imagine how embarrassed you'd be if someone thought you were upset that a private business was realizing a business opportunity by reserving one screening this weekend for women to see a superhero movie.

You and I are serious men of substance with little time for the delicate sensitivities displayed by the pitiful creature who maligned your good name and sterling character by writing that abysmal email. I trust the news that your email account has been hacked does not cause you undue alarm and wish you well in securing your account. And in the future, should your travels take you to Austin, please know that everyone is welcome here, even people like those who wrote that email whose views are an embarrassment to modernity, decency, and common sense.

http://www.mayoradler.com/letter-wonder-woman/

Just over six hours left to go until I'm watching Wonder Woman with my brothers. Can't wait. I rewatched all of the movies in anticipation.

I rewatched BvS UE before seeing this. Gonna save my entire DCEU rewatch for before Justice League.

Lord knows I can't sit through Suicide Squad twice in one year.

Loxley

aquaman
Gotham City Sirens

Cyborg
Shazam
Flash

Batman
Man Of Steel 2
Black Adam

Bat Girl
Nightwing
Justice League Sequel

I will eat my own left foot if that Cyborg movie ever actually happens. WB's big winners will be Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman/Flash/Aquaman/Justice League and (possibly) Sirens/Batgirl. Add on to that the inevitable Green Lantern film and Cyborg becomes less and less of a priority.

All of the Wonder Woman toys at Target are on sale until Saturday if anyone wants to pick something up.
JmwUJvJ.jpg

Anth0ny

Marvel also had a full plate and was able to drop Spider-Man after they got the rights and Ant-Man + Wasp as well.

I'm sure they account for this stuff and leave space/make space if needed. If Wonder Woman does as well as it deserves to, I can see a sequel happening in 2019 or 2020.

I will eat my own left foot if that Cyborg movie ever actually happens. WB's big winners will be Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman/Flash/Aquaman/Justice League and (possibly) Sirens/Batgirl. Add on to that the inevitable Green Lantern film and Cyborg becomes less and less of a priority.

It sucks because aside from the obvious Batman (which I'm cautiously optimistic about) and Aquaman (which is going to be legendary), Cyborg is the only other solo option there I have real confidence in. Nightwing I'm hopeful about but admit it could go either way, Flash I'm meh about, Shazam and Black Adam are the most likely bad films or box office busts in the pack, and this is the first I've heard of Batgirl.

a916

Does it still count if that movie morphs into Teen Titans?

Also it's Geoff Johns, if Green Lantern isn't priority 1, 2, 3, and 4... I'd be shocked.

We haven't heard about Zemeckis dropping out of Flash talks so I am confident it's going to be him.

Zemeckis would probably be a good choice. I think his recent work is hit-or-miss, but he's still a really skilled director that could bring a lot to the project. I gotta say, he's a way less interesting choice than Rick Famuyiwa, I was sad to see him go.

Ahasverus

Zemeckis guarantees us an old school, Wonder Woman style movie. Can't say I'm against that for The Flash.

I do want Aquaman to be more experimental. But that ship has sailed already.

Zemeckis means waiting possibly another year for The Flash. At some point, I don't think Warner Bros is going to want to wait around any longer.

Zemeckis would probably be a good choice. I think his recent work is hit-or-miss, but he's still a really skilled director that could bring a lot to the project. I gotta say, he's a way less interesting choice than Rick Famuyiwa, I was sad to see him go.

Yeah, he seemed to be excited for the project. However, I think the WB now is a different WB than back then. They allowed Matt Reeves to write a new script.

Edit: Matthew Vaughn is also still in talks.

Regarding the schedule, I'm not sure what's up with them wanting Justice League Dark sooner. I can see 2021 for it, maybe even post-Justice League 2.

Ideally JL2 is Darkseid and JL3 is Legion of Doom. Like with Infinity War, Legion of Doom could bring everything together. But we're talking 2023 here and it wild to talk about movies that far out.

Ross61

Zemeckis means waiting possibly another year for The Flash. At some point, I don't think Warner Bros is going to want to wait around any longer.

They're gonna have too. The window for it to release safely in 2018 is vanishing very fast.

And insiders think Vaughn is just entering talks just to get Fox to fund Kingsman 3.

And I can see why WB would want Dark Universe out soon. After JL its basically a free for all. They can do whatever they want.

They're gonna have too. The window for it to release safely in 2018 is vanishing very fast.

And insiders think Vaughn is just entering talks just to get Fox to fund Kingsman 3.

And I can see why WB would want Dark Universe out soon. After JL its basically a free for all. They can do whatever they want.

No, Flash would likely be 2020 if they went with Zemeckis. Zemeckis is attached to a film at Universal that doesn't even start filming until this November.

Pretty much the window for anything to release in 2018 is going to close in a few months, if it's not already closed.

Ross61

No, Flash would likely be 2020 if they went with Zemeckis. Zemeckis is attached to a film at Universal that doesn't even start filming until this November.

Pretty much the window for anything to release in 2018 is going to close in a few months, if it's not already closed.

Huh, it could still film in 2018 and release in 2019. Its not like that Steve Carell flick is a blockbuster or anything. WB got like 3 DC spaces open.

Top Bottom