• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

What if JL has an after credit scene with Lois and Clark (with mustache) and Lois being pregnant, so that MoS2 is all about fatherhood (with that mustache)?

Penguin

Some humor from DCEU talent

First up concept art from director of Shazam!
dc_design_v003.jpeg

https://twitter.com/ponysmasher

And Black Manta revealed!

https://twitter.com/yahya/status/889650948414386176

a916

Man I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Superman theme song in the JL trailer... hits home...

The music track in the trailer, do we think that's an Elfman or Junkie track? Maybe neither.

Sounds like Junkie with the drums, but total guess on my part.

Neophant

IOPFTWbu.jpg

This is a tragedy.

BB also fucked up steelbooks for Logan and GoTG2, which is a damn shame.

I really like that design, but I'll admit if it ends up being the actual design for the Best Buy Steelbook, it'll mess up the consistency of using movie posters and designs for the DCEU Steelbook collection. Still way better looking than other Logan and GotG2 from a design perspective.

Effect

Thought the assumption was that after Justice League Snyder was always stepping away. Three films in the same universe back to back is a lot for anyone regardless of the receptions being positive or negative. Once he stepped away from JL after the primary filming I figured that was going to be it. I do hope at the very least he does stay active for the action and cinematography to some degree. Like or dislike these films I don't think anyone can honestly say they don't look great and that action isn't way and above anything else in the genre.

Tabby

Thought the assumption was that after Justice League Snyder was always stepping away. Three films in the same universe back to back is a lot for anyone regardless of the receptions being positive or negative. Once he stepped away from JL after the primary filming I figured that was going to be it. I do hope at the very least he does stay active for the action and cinematography to some degree. Like or dislike these films I don't think anyone can honestly say they don't look great and that action isn't way and above anything else in the genre.

Well yeah but I didn't expect him to leave completely and have no creative input.
I really hope this isn't true.

Dead

well not really...yet
Honestly my interest in DCEU begins and ends with Snyder. After that, if they choose to just ape the Disney shit formula I'm out.

At least Reeves was an inspired choice for Batman.

I don't mind if Snyder is no longer with the DCEU to be honest. 3 movies, that should be enough. The man contributed his best to the universe. It's time he moves on and does something else.

Ninjimbo

Part of me likes to think Whedon is working away in the studio doing private video calls with Snyder and showing him everything he's doing looking for approval. If I were Whedon, I sure as hell would.

I don't mind if Snyder is no longer with the DCEU to be honest. 3 movies, that should be enough. The man contributed his best to the universe. It's time he moves on and does something else.
This too. It'd be nice to have him do another if this universe is still kicking in like ten years, but I'm fine with Zack moving on to other things. He's a versatile filmmaker going by his filmography. There's more to him than capeflicks.

strafer

Maybe he won't, and that will be even bittersweeter.

I hope he won't.

There will probably be a lot of love from the fans if he does show up though.

But then there's the feeling of here's Snyder walking down the red carpet of the last DC movie he will be involved with, it's just sad.

But I hope he doesnt stop directing. I wanna see more Snyder.

There will probably be a lot of love from the fans if he does show up though.

But then there's the feeling of here's Snyder walking down the red carpet of the last DC movie he will be involved with, it's just sad.

But I hope he doesnt stop directing. I wanna see more Snyder.

There won't be any love.

And he won't stop directing.

shingi70

Banned
I like BvS, but it was mistake tonally top to bottom. It's a great looking movie and many of the scenes are master class, but overall as a product it's just okay, at work it's meh.

a916

Yeah I'd don't mind he's gone. Despite really liking Man of Steel I felt BvS was a mistep.

I feel like he'll be right at home if he ever decides to come back... back to back to back DC films is a LOT for anyone...

I think he should do what he wants, if possible, a character that needs a massive reboot... it's so annoying to see millions of incarnations of Superman and people complain about DCEU Superman reboot as not being the one (there isn't lol one...)

I like BvS, but it was mistake tonally top to bottom. It's a great looking movie and many of the scenes are master class, but overall as a product it's just okay, at work it's meh.

I really liked BvS, but I would have taken it in a different direction. The Injustice thing is super bold... Death of Superman is super bold... Dark Knight Returns is even bolder... having an older Batman when your Superman is still a baby is something I'm still not on board with. They should be somewhat equals... they should have avoided the Dark Knight Returns angle for something later on something you do near the end of the cinematic universe... then again Marvel did their Civil War and turned it into an airport friendly sparring. We're never getting that crazy scale of a Mark Millar Civil War

Snyders should stay on as producers, for sure. I don't see Mr. Snyder directing another huge movie like Justice League 2 or Man of Steel 2.

However, Midnighter was on the DC banner shown at SDCC. Zack Snyder's lower budget, R-rated Midnighter would be superb.

Ninjimbo

I was going to ask, aren't they producing Batgirl? The article all this gossip is coming from seems like BS to me. I think the Snyders will be a part of this universe as long as they want to. They laid the groundwork much like Favreau did with the MCU and you still see his name pop up every now and then.

shingi70

Banned
I feel like he'll be right at home if he ever decides to come back... back to back to back DC films is a LOT for anyone...

I think he should do what he wants, if possible, a character that needs a massive reboot... it's so annoying to see millions of incarnations of Superman and people complain about DCEU Superman reboot as not being the one (there isn't lol one...)

I really liked BvS, but I would have taken it in a different direction. The Injustice thing is super bold... Death of Superman is super bold... Dark Knight Returns is even bolder... having an older Batman when your Superman is still a baby is something I'm still not on board with. They should be somewhat equals... they should have avoided the Dark Knight Returns angle for something later on something you do near the end of the cinematic universe... then again Marvel did their Civil War and turned it into an airport friendly sparring. We're never getting that crazy scale of a Mark Millar Civil War

I give the ultimate cut a 7/10 but I will never get over the fact that I dislike how little Superman is used in the film, and the fact that Clark and Bruce have only three interactions.

I was going to ask, aren't they producing Batgirl? The article all this gossip is coming from seems like BS to me. I think the Snyders will be a part of this universe as long as they want to. They laid the groundwork much like Favreau did with the MCU and you still see his name pop up every now and then.

The article this is all stemming from is pretty bad, true, but most is conjecture from actual credible sources.

Like, Ayer is talking about Scarface in his quote. Author takes it to mean Suicide Squad.

Top Bottom