• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

lmao

That actually happened?

People speculated that he's Dick Grayson, The Flash, Morgan Edge, Green Lantern, Jimmy Olson, etc.

At the BvS premiere they interviewed him asking if he's thrilled to play an iconic DC character and if he'll return in sequels. Scoots was like, "well I'm playing an original character and, uh, sure."

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I guess it's just the trend of never trusting what's presented to you as fact. And that's not just in movies either. Look at the bullshit we have to wade through to get any sort of truth about anything now a days. The Internet was a mistake, bury it.

Yeah. Like how Jason Momoa denied he was playing Aquaman for years, saying he'd let people punch him in the face if he's lying, Then it comes out that he was talking with Zack Snyder back in 2013.

Which should be said, Momoa as Aquaman is kinda brilliant casting if only for weaving in his polynesian background to the character. Going as far to have Arthur Curry's tattoos be an extension of Momoa's own.

Yeah. Like how Jason Momoa denied he was playing Aquaman for years, saying he'd let people punch him in the face if he's lying, Then it comes out that he was talking with Zack Snyder back in 2013.

At a certain point of following and reporting on entertainment news, you begin to realize that everything is taken with a grain of salt. Official statements and comments can be outright lies. Many times because of legal obligations, but sometimes just to keep a secret for marketing and PR.

But reports aren't sacrosanct either. It's a game of telephone. Sometimes the source is too far from the original thing. Sometimes shit just changes. Sometimes, they're lying.

Best to just not lean too far in any one direction. Take it all in, work with what's what's plausible, and then move on from there.

duckroll

At a certain point of following and reporting on entertainment news, you begin to realize that everything is taken with a grain of salt. Official statements and comments can be outright lies. Many times because of legal obligations, but sometimes just to keep a secret for marketing and PR.

But reports aren't sacrosanct either. It's a game of telephone. Sometimes the source is too far from the original thing. Sometimes shit just changes. Sometimes, they're lying.

Best to just not lean too far in any one direction. Take it all in, work with what's what's plausible, and then move on from there.

So you're saying it's Miracle Man right?

So you're saying it's Miracle Man right?

504.gif

Where are the sources?

For what? There's like... three different stories going on right now.

Busty

Banned
So 2019 could bring Shazam, Suicidal Squad 2 and Wonder Woman 2 with the open November slot possibly bringing Batgirl or maybe even Justice League Dark...,

-- assuming that WB don't distribute the next Bond film and slot it in that DC November date .

I'm cool with them denying Gibson a slot purely because he's a racist antisemite even if "the world literally don't care" and he's a good director.

Fuck 'im.

Ahasverus

I'm cool with them denying Gibson a slot purely because he's a racist antisemite even if "the world literally don't care" and he's a good director.

Fuck 'im.
He's a dick, and I hate him personally. But there's no financial reason for WB to not trying to catch him to make a fantastic movie. He's also semi redeemed with that last movie of his.

Squad is a really messy property, like, really messy; it needs AAA talent to make it work again, and I don't think any AAA talent is lining up to direct SS2.

He's a dick, and I hate him personally. But there's no financial reason for WB to not trying to catch him to make a fantastic movie. He's also semi redeemed with that last movie of his.

Squad is a really messy property, like, really messy; it needs AAA talent to make it work again, and I don't think any AAA talent is lining up to direct SS2.

Do I actually have to care about WB's financial reasoning when making my personal take?

He's a shitbag. He shouldn't get work. End of story.

He himself probably wouldn't be interested in the project anyways. That name left the rumor mill a while ago now.

Of the other choices I'm glad Jaume Collet Sera keeps popping up. He makes entertaining movies, tbh I've liked his stuff more than I did Ayer's well received ones. He knows how to make decent edgy thrillers like Run All Night and for PG shit Shallows and Non Stop was good too.

Hell, with him helming it maybe Liam Neeson signs on as Rick Flagg Sr.

Yeah, I won't go see Suicide Squad 2 in theaters if Gibson directs. Just like I waited until Fantastic Beasts was out on DVD to see it because of Depp, despite being a big Potter fan.

I greatly prefer the idea of Jaume Collet-Serra.

I gotta admit I'm not familiar with his work, why is he good?

And most importantly, is he likely to land the gig?

He was the frontrunner as of the most-recent report.

The Shallows is a great, tight, succinct, suspenseful thriller. I quite enjoyed that film for what it was.

Run All Night and Non Stop are the best Liam Neeson action thrillers you'll see since he started taking those roles all the time (better than Taken as well)

Shallows is good too.

Ahasverus

He was the frontrunner as of the most-recent report.

The Shallows is a great, tight, succinct, suspenseful thriller. I quite enjoyed that film for what it was.
Time to get excited again! Squad would really work as a low key, down to earth thriller, with Amanda as the very devil.

Also, nice tag inferno.

Ross61

SS2 is in an interesting place. For or for worse, a certain type of crowd was drawn to it other than the usual comicbook movie. And that's why it was so successful. Not just the diversity, but other factors too. I wonder if they try to tonally change it to a tone more reminiscent of the original John Ostrander comics, would it still be successful? Is SS a brand on itself now to be able to try something like that?

Ahasverus

SS2 is in an interesting place. For or for worse, a certain type of crowd was drawn to it other than the usual comicbook movie. And that's why it was so successful. Not just the diversity, but other factors too. I wonder if they try to tonally change it to a tone more reminiscent of the original John Ostrander comics, would it still be successful? Is SS a brand on itself now to be able to try something like that?
Well, they can still do it loud and obnoxious, but good. Something like Transpoitting tonally speaking would work well.

For once it would be nice to have a team that makes sense to hire for a particular mission, lol.

It always bothered me that Waller states that a glorified sniper, a guy with skin disease, a guy who's good at throwing boomerangs, a girl with a baseball bat and a guy who's really good at tying his shoes would be the "answer" to the next "superman".

Maybe Katana could do some serious damage considering her sword's magical hablities, but that would need for her to get close, the only real valuable asset would be Enchantress who ironically was the one who "defected".

Penguin

For once it would be nice to have a team that makes sense to hire for a particular mission, lol.

Their mission kind of makes sense if not for the glaring problem that Enchantress was creating a giant beam in the middle of the city.

Like Waller trying to slyly clean up her own mess is standard Suicide Squad stuff, but that was too large.

I would like to see them invade a foreign nation and go against Rastum (spelling?) their big foes in the comics

What DC movies are slated for next year?

Aquaman and...?

Delays and whatnot led to this.

July 2018 was Aquaman, but that moved to December. The Flash was originally the other film in 2018, but two directors later, that's now Flashpoint, presumably with a different premise. It's basically wide open for most of the year and there's little time to put anything in an earlier slot.

Penguin

Delays and whatnot led to this.

July 2018 was Aquaman, but that moved to December. The Flash was originally the other film in 2018, but two directors later, that's now Flashpoint, presumably with a different premise. It's basically wide open for most of the year and there's little time to put anything in an earlier slot.

I mean they could still get a smaller movie in August if wanted to, but rather they not rush.

But would be cool to do a low budget horror film or something. Really mix up the cape genre.

They're taking too long on the Flash movie, scrapping it in favor of Flashpoint now is disappointing. But if they do go that route I hope it focuses more on the Flash side of things, like him trying to save his mother and all that, rather than some stupid universe reset to fix the movie slate or whatever.

Like small cameos from Thomas Wayne Batman and stuff would be cool, but keep it focused on Flash.

edit: if they gave the movie plenty of scenes to sell that emotional toll in his need to save his mom that would be cool too. Ezra Miller damn sure could handle it.

Ross61

They're taking too long on the Flash movie, scrapping it in favor of Flashpoint now is disappointing. But if they do go that route I hope it focuses more on the Flash side of things, like him trying to save his mother and all that, rather than some stupid universe reset to fix the movie slate or whatever.

Like small cameos from Thomas Wayne Batman and stuff would be cool, but keep it focused on Flash.

edit: if they gave the movie plenty of scenes to sell that emotional toll in his need to save his mom that would be cool too. Ezra Miller damn sure could handle it.
They didn't completely scrap Flash movie. It just now has the Tagline of Flashpoint. The Flash:Flashpoint.

The right writer can take parts of Flashpoint and use it as an emotional journey.

They didn't completely scrap Flash movie. It just now has the Tagline of Flashpoint. The Flash:Flashpoint.

The right writer can take parts of Flashpoint and use it as an emotional journey.

Yeah, I think it'll realistically be as true to the comicbook Flashpoint as Civil War was to it's source material. It'll keep the basic premise, but the events will likely be fairly different. There's a lot of great character work they can do with Barry using that idea. If anything the idea of Flash absuing his powers to go back in time and save his mom makes more sense if he does it earlier on in his storyline, when he's still fresh-faced and naive about his role as a hero, than if it had been done as the third Flash film.

Top Bottom